A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    I hadn't thought of that- quite true. While that removes the issue of hangar space, I still think clearing the 77W refits before the A380s is important though, as the 77W is used as a fill-in/exchange aircraft on many A380 routes (AKL, SYD, MEL, NRT, LHR, CDG etc).
    I agree, However I think it was more important to have the 77W refurb on schedule.

Comment

• 9V-SKD has not flown since arriving from Shanghai as SQ833|18DEC.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        9V-SKD has not flown since arriving from Shanghai as SQ833|18DEC.
        It may be the next to be deleased like SKA-SKC.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
          9V-SKD has not flown since arriving from Shanghai as SQ833|18DEC.
          Not sure abt deleased as aircraft was AOG just last week due to leakage in bleed air, that was said by the onboard computers. The way to fix it was to take out the panels underneath the wings and parts of the belly to visually inspect and change some components. It might be due to this that aircraft has not been flying for a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
            Not sure abt deleased as aircraft was AOG just last week due to leakage in bleed air, that was said by the onboard computers. The way to fix it was to take out the panels underneath the wings and parts of the belly to visually inspect and change some components. It might be due to this that aircraft has not been flying for a week.
            Awesome banx007.Our speculation killer who can quash fleet banter and speculation with real world facts . Wishing Happy holidays to you and all SQ followers

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
              Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
              Awesome banx007.Our speculation killer who can quash fleet banter and speculation with real world facts . Wishing Happy holidays to you and all SQ followers
              Thanks banx007 and Happy Holidays to everyone as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                9V-SKD is now in for ‘C’ Check and also to be deleased after that.

Comment

• Anyone knows what are the chances of SQ25/SQ26 getting the new A380 by May next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by vade View Post
                    Anyone knows what are the chances of SQ25/SQ26 getting the new A380 by May next year?
                    I would say 0%. I would go as far to say that once NYC non-stop starts, that route would go 77WR

Comment

Anyone knows what are the chances of SQ25/SQ26 getting the new A380 by May next year?
                      Yeah, I agree with 9V-JKL that you have no chance. That route requires 3 A380s for the long turnaround. Give up any slight hope that it could happen. Sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        I would say 0%. I would go as far to say that once NYC non-stop starts, that route would go 77WR
                        According to The Points Guy, SIN-FRA-JFK will remain A380 (https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/sin...rankfurt-a380/). However, in the article, VP Mak Swee Wah said that SQ is committed to offering FRA-JFK but he did not mention the aircraft. Thus it is highly plausible that The Points Guy misread that as a commitment to offering the A380 on the route.

Comment

• Slightly ambivalent in that there is no direct quote on either the route or the aircraft.

Comment

• thanks guys. in that case, anyone knows what's the next likely route for the new a380?

Comment

thanks guys. in that case, anyone knows what's the next likely route for the new a380?
                              SIN to LHR

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                I thought of it that way as well; I still believe that when NYC does get the nonstop 359ULR, then 26/25 may go 77WR.

Comment

Working...
                                X