No announcement yet.

Bad experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you sometimes get an awesome crew and you expect it every time. So we were traveling during the holidays last year LAX to BOM and with 3 different crews in each of the legs. None of the crew on the legs was bad but one crew went out of their way to ensure everybody had an awesome flight. They had a big bag of candies and cookies at the back and would go around asking each kid to accompany them to the back and give them treats. The male attendant made it a point to chat with passengers who wanted to chat, when somebody complimented them on a drink (e.g tea or wine) they made it a point to ask the passengers twice if they wanted another round of the drinks.

Comment

IMHO this is totally crew-dependent. Nothing to do with the route.

I was on a SQ flight recently in Y and asked a LSS for pineapple juice during meal service. I even showed her the empty can from my neighbor.

"Pineapple juice, please" showing her the can.

"You [already] have it"

"This is empty. May I have another one?"

"Why?"

"This is good...?"

The LSS reluctantly poured me a cup with a straight face. Never had I imagined I need to justify my choice of drink.

Afterwards I approached a FSS in the galley and honestly told her I was scared by her supervisor. She felt sorry and frequently followed up with me and made sure I got my drinks.

We always have high expectations from SQ CCs. When there are some that were below expectation, they stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
        I'm jumping in on the issue of less than satisfactory service of drinks on the flight.

I was on SQ861 HKG-SIN just this week flying in PEY. It was a completely full cabin and as I understand it the situation was the same in Y.

The welcome drinks were served after take off while I happened to have stepped away to use the lavatory. On my way back to my seat, I noticed that they were still handing out the drinks but were currently serving the row just behind me. I'd have thought the stewardess would come back to me to offer the drink, but lo and behold, she did not. As I wasn't keen on drinking anything at that point, I did not pursue the matter, but I was somewhat surprised and disappointed at her lack of proactive-ness and/or situational awareness.

The BTC meal I ordered was served quite promptly. However, I was not offered a drink at that point. As I understand, this is a common experience in order to speed up the meal service by distributing drinks to all PEY (and Y?) pax at the same time when the meal cart comes around. Again, I did not kick up a fuss since I was not thirsty and there was already a pack of water on my tray should I feel parched in that span of time. This would've been around the 1 hour mark after take off.

Approximately 20 minutes later, the meal carts came around for the other PEY pax, while I was almost done with my appetiser and main dish (and yes, I took my time to eat as I was waiting for the drinks to come around). However, as they were serving the meals to my neighbours, no one stopped to ask me if I needed a drink. At that point, either I was too engrossed with the movie or the food, it slipped my mind to inform them that they had one unloved pax in PEY (i.e. me). Only upon the clearing of my meal tray (this was almost at the 2 hour mark of the flight) did I get the opportunity to get hold of a stewardess to bring me a drink. At this juncture, I'd say I was downright annoyed at the ignorance on display by the crew in charge of this section of PEY.

Again, I'm not one to kick up a fuss with the crew who may (understandably) be under pressure to serve a full flight, but clearly, SQ's service lapses here are glaring.

Why didn't you just press a call button?

Comment

My bad experience on my long flight SQ7 LAX-ICN-SIN, on J class , I asked the LSS (female) if I could have the toothbrush from F class as there was no pax on F. I explained that the one in J class is to soft for me, I prefer the Colgate from F class. She replied that they only 1 set , and she explained to me that hard toothbrush is not good for your teeth lah (in Singlish - well, I am Indonesian but can understand Singlish well). I was really shocked, but finally I got one set from the male crew. I requested this as I am a PPS and normally my requests were granted.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
            Afterwards I approached a FSS in the galley and honestly told her I was scared by her supervisor.
            This thread is becoming more and more ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
              My bad experience on my long flight SQ7 LAX-ICN-SIN, on J class , I asked the LSS (female) if I could have the toothbrush from F class as there was no pax on F. I explained that the one in J class is to soft for me, I prefer the Colgate from F class. She replied that they only 1 set , and she explained to me that hard toothbrush is not good for your teeth lah (in Singlish - well, I am Indonesian but can understand Singlish well). I was really shocked, but finally I got one set from the male crew. I requested this as I am a PPS and normally my requests were granted.
              I honestly don't think you can fault her for not obliging. It would seem that she was trying to turn you down in a nicer way rather than an outright 'no, you can't', which would be embarrassing for you.

It's the same as asking her whether you can be served the food from F instead given that there is no pax booked on that flight.

Comment

You mean you can't afford your own toothbrush?

Comment

This thread makes me feel very sorry for the folk working at Singapore Airlines...

From folk travelling in PEY expecting the crew to read their minds to people demanding freebies from another cabin.

Some of you lot are really entitled and have impossible expectations that no commercial airline today will be able to meet. This thread could very well be renamed "First World Problems"

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                  I honestly don't think you can fault her for not obliging. It would seem that she was trying to turn you down in a nicer way rather than an outright 'no, you can't', which would be embarrassing for you.
                  Exactly.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Yeah... kind of 'kiasu' meh... hehehe... I always keep my own amenities in my suitcase at luggage, coz' stringent security carry on baggage on liquid (toothpaste, perfumes).

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                      This thread makes me feel very sorry for the folk working at Singapore Airlines...

From folk travelling in PEY expecting the crew to read their minds to people demanding freebies from another cabin.

Some of you lot are really entitled and have impossible expectations that no commercial airline today will be able to meet. This thread could very well be renamed "First World Problems"

Exactly.

Yeah... kind of 'kiasu' meh... hehehe... I always keep my own amenities in my suitcase at luggage, coz' stringent security carry on baggage on liquid (toothpaste, perfumes).

As a PPS they always greeted me when boarded, and I always asked if I ever need any assistance, prolly I expected too much from this lip services hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post

It's the same as asking her whether you can be served the food from F instead given that there is no pax booked on that flight.
                        My concern was the answer in Singlish and so casual, prolly she knew that although I am an Indonesian but too influenced by Singaporean talking Singlish, having flown SIA all d'time ... hahaha

Comment

My concern was the answer in Singlish and so casual, prolly she knew that although I am an Indonesian but too influenced by Singaporean talking Singlish, having flown SIA all d'time ... hahaha
                          You're undermining her professionalism by your prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by r123 View Post
                            I ordered wine from that same person, very rude to me too, and it came alongside my tea!!! I told the crew: "Really? You think it goes well with the tea?" and her answer was: "Yes, of course". I simply took it and tasted for the first time wine with tea, an original mix I have to say. Luckily one of the female crews was very friendly and smiling, sweetening the whole experience. I never experienced such a poor experience with SQ previously, especially such a rude crew. The rest of the flight was acceptable but it seemed that the usual SQ friendliness wasn't there.
                            I honestly don't see what the problem is here. Why wouldn't you want two drinks on your tray table to choose from?
                            Last edited by SQavgeek; 30 December 2017, 08:51 AM.
                            Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                              You're undermining her professionalism by your prejudice.
                              Yeah bro SQ_326... but am now friend with her, linked our Instagram as she wanted to show me some exotic destinations she ever went. Afterall it's not 'Bad Experience' hahaha... cheers!

Comment

Youre in JCL and youre asking for a product from FCL. The crew was obviously trying to be polite rather than saying "youre in business class- use the stuff from there".

Comment

Working...
                                X