No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone confirm again since Nov for all the J class short & medium haul no longer giving out eye-shades, socks, & slippers, but only will giving out on long haul only. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
      Can anyone confirm again since Nov for all the J class short & medium haul no longer giving out eye-shades, socks, & slippers, but only will giving out on long haul only. Thanks!
      I took 921 and 919 in this month in J, no socks, slippers nor shade were given. But i didn't mind because i generallly do not remove my shoes for non-long haul flights. Having these removed rather than to cut crews as a cost saving makes better sense.
      Last edited by SQ_326; 20 December 2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
        Yeah menus are no more for regional. I still lament this. They should at least give out a card for everyone (and not a slip of paper in JCL). QF BA and KC do that in Y/PEY

(I'm half wishing SQ reads this)
        Took 830 in Y and 833 in PY in this month, meal menus were provided.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
          Can anyone confirm again since Nov for all the J class short & medium haul no longer giving out eye-shades, socks, & slippers, but only will giving out on long haul only. Thanks!
          You can still ask for them and they do have a few kept somewhere. So far no problems getting on short-hauls if I ask.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm if PEY meals don't come on a linen-laid tray anymore? On my last flight, what I got was just a regular Y tray setting and I've seen a couple of photos around of the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by wdranne View Post
              Can anyone confirm if PEY meals don't come on a linen-laid tray anymore? On my last flight, what I got was just a regular Y tray setting and I've seen a couple of photos around of the same.
              Just got off SQ861 flying in PEY. Nope there is no linen. Just a tray.

Comment

• Heard from my friend's J flights that the stocks of teddy bears have decreased a lot.

Comment

• Disgusting

If I don't get 2 x teddys...

Comment

• The past 2 times that I asked, I was given one teddy and one other plushy. The first time a spider man plushy and the second time a BB-8 plushy. Didn't ask for a pair of teddies since I was giving them away and found the spider man and BB-8 plushy cute too.

Comment

• 5 of us would be flying in old Suites to SYD.

Anyone knows how many Krug they load in F?

Comment

• Just to add on this one from my recent J flights. four long-hauls in total, three overnight one daytime (SQ298). No eyeshades on any flight, but available on request. Slippers and socks only on the night flights.
                        But at least 2 of the long-hauls had unlimited free 3D maps...

Comment

• Just got off SIN-KIX sleeper flight earlier today in J. Was given both slippers and eye shades without asking. However, I returned the eye shades since I do not have any problem with sleeping on the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                            After flying this week in Y on SQ 211 (SIN-SYD) and SQ 212 (SYD-SIN) I might have figured it out. It's probably based on flight duration AND time of departure and arrival:

SQ 211 0940-2030 7 hrs 50 mins
                            Brunch or lunch served (I can't recall) AND dinner

SQ 212 0905-1415 8 hrs 10 mins
                            Breakfast AND lunch served

When I did Y on SQ 632 (SIN-HND) and SQ 635 (HND-SIN) last week:

SQ 632 0805-1535 6 hrs 30 mins
                            Lunch only

SQ 635 2250-0525 7 hrs 35 mins
                            Supper refreshment AND breakfast

A recent SIN-HND-SIN I did in Y April 2018:

SQ 632 0800-1555 6 hrs 55 mins
                            Lunch only

SQ 631 0915-1515 7 hrs
                            Brunch only

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                              A recent SIN-HND-SIN I did in Y April 2018:

SQ 632 0800-1555 6 hrs 55 mins
                              Lunch only

SQ 631 0915-1515 7 hrs
                              Brunch only
                              Did they serve any kind of snacks beside of the main meal on SIN-HND-SIN?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
                                Did they serve any kind of snacks beside of the main meal on SIN-HND-SIN?
                                Nope, just the obligatory nuts after take-off.

Comment

Working...
                                X