MS804 (CDG-CAI) loses radar contact over Eastern Mediterranean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS804 (CDG-CAI) loses radar contact over Eastern Mediterranean

Not much else is known. Flight was operated by SU-GCC, a 13-year old A320.

59 passengers, 10 crew aboard.

Flightradar24 track:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...ms804/#9c0b766
    Last edited by leops1984; 19 May 2016, 11:42 AM.

According to an EgyptAir official interviewed on CNN, there were 66 souls on board MS804.

56 passengers (53 adults, 1 child and 2 infants)
    10 crew members (2 cockpit crew, 5 cabin crew and 3 security crew)
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

hmmmmm......Paris to Cairo......ISIS plot?

Comment

56 passengers is a fairly empty A320, is it not? I can't find a seating chart for their planes easily, so guessing based on other airlines.

Comment

The EgyptAir A320s are configured with 145 seats (10 J, 135 Y). So less than half-full.

Comment

Media reports indicate Egyptian officials think this is more likely to do with terrorism than with technical issues, though with the flight originating in Paris, I would imagine the security protocols would've been pretty comprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
              Media reports indicate Egyptian officials think this is more likely to do with terrorism than with technical issues, though with the flight originating in Paris, I would imagine the security protocols would've been pretty comprehensive.
              There's some people with security backgrsounds in the media talking up the likelihood that a device may have been concealed within the plane earlier in the day while at an African port and timed to go off later. In this scenario the device would have already been present before the craft landed in Paris. I have no idea how credible this theory is though.

Comment

Working...
              X