Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, just to update I also received my EG status dated 12th Nov, earlier than my initial estimates. I would just like to add that for my case if I track on history, I only reach >50k miles if it was measured from at least 1st Nov 2011 to 12th Nov 2012. (>365 days)

So my thoughts would be that you get some buffer on top of "1 year" ... maybe from start of X month to end of X month following year, rather than <=365 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miles Hunter View Post
      Hi all, just to update I also received my EG status dated 12th Nov, earlier than my initial estimates. I would just like to add that for my case if I track on history, I only reach >50k miles if it was measured from at least 1st Nov 2011 to 12th Nov 2012. (>365 days)

So my thoughts would be that you get some buffer on top of "1 year" ... maybe from start of X month to end of X month following year, rather than <=365 days.
      One has to thank SQ every now and then for their kind benevolence.

Comment

• Unable to requalify for EG

After lurking here for more than a year and following the advice of all the senior members, I have achieved EG for the first time after countless years as ES. Thank you so much everyone for the valuable advice!

I have a question though. My EG membership will expire on 30 November 2014. If i know that it is unlikely for me to meet the 50,000 miles needed to requalify for EG, are there any other *A FFP I should look at if lounge access is my main criteria (as i fly frequently but these are mainly short sectors within SEA)? Based on my current estimates, I will achieve around 40,000 miles at best.

Thank you. This is a great forum!

Comment

• Congratulations on making EG!

OZ gives *G at 40K & they have a lifetime *G you can work towards to

Comment

• Thanks 9V-JKL for the kind words and heads-up. I have browsed the OZ website for the details. In addition, I am also aware of the Aegean Air *G at 20,000 miles.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but should I go straight for Aegean as I will easily accumulate more than 20,000 miles yearly? Also, is the validity period of Aegean's gold status yearly or longer than that?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CPH View Post
              After lurking here for more than a year and following the advice of all the senior members, I have achieved EG for the first time after countless years as ES. Thank you so much everyone for the valuable advice!

I have a question though. My EG membership will expire on 30 November 2014. If i know that it is unlikely for me to meet the 50,000 miles needed to requalify for EG, are there any other *A FFP I should look at if lounge access is my main criteria (as i fly frequently but these are mainly short sectors within SEA)? Based on my current estimates, I will achieve around 40,000 miles at best.

Thank you. This is a great forum!
              As you are based in Singapore and mentioned making many short distance flight, I assume that you are also using Silkair? If you change to another *A program you will not receive the miles for those Silkair routes.... You might have to consider.
              Last edited by Lstieger; 25 March 2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• After I returned to Melbourne from Europe a couple of weeks ago I got an email that I had qualified for Elite Silver, which was nice but not a huge surprise. Earlier today I returned to Europe as part of another trip and have now received, much to my surprise, a new email informing me I have reached Elite Gold! I'm not sure how that happened so quickly after reaching Silver for the first time, but I'm not questioning it

My question is though, the card will be sent within 4 weeks to home back in MEL, but in 4 weeks I'm returning to MEL from Europe. What should I do about being able to access the benefits of EG on my return trip if my new card is at my destination? Could I email them and ask them to send it to my address for the next month in Germany instead?

The whole elite thing is completely new to me

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  My question is though, the card will be sent within 4 weeks to home back in MEL, but in 4 weeks I'm returning to MEL from Europe. What should I do about being able to access the benefits of EG on my return trip if my new card is at my destination? Could I email them and ask them to send it to my address for the next month in Germany instead?

The whole elite thing is completely new to me
                  Unless you're using a non-SQ lounge, you don't need to produce the elite card. Your boarding pass will have a *G marking to designate you as EG, and the SQ dragon ladies will open sesame for you.

(No wonder SQ's LHR lounge is filled to the brim these days, as if the 380v2 doesn't already have enough J seats to fill the lounge. Can't wait for the move to the new terminal.)

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Unless you're using a non-SQ lounge, you don't need to produce the elite card. Your boarding pass will have a *G marking to designate you as EG, and the SQ dragon ladies will open sesame for you.
                    Thanks for the info CarbonMan

I didn't even notice the *S on my boarding passes a couple of days ago, but I see them on checking again. Now I can enjoy my layover at Changi much more and not have to worry about my baggage limit coming home.

Comment

• I'm not having a great deal of joy in receiving a gold card.

In late March I qualified for ES and then for EG a week later. Both times I was told that a new card and luggage tags would be sent to me within four weeks.

Meanwhile I had to deal with LH lounge staff in MUC who argued for 10 minutes about granting me access without a gold card even though it was printed on my boarding pass for departure that day.

Now two months after EG status, I still haven't received either the silver or gold cards. I sent a feedback email through the website and alerted them to this. I got back a formulated response that they've already sent them (ummm, yes, I already knew that) and no response as to what they can do about getting me one after 8 weeks even though that was the question I asked.

They did however say that if I requested another one, or if I change my address (no, I haven't done that) it would take them another 4 weeks to mail it to me (ummm, if I tell you I never got one, how is that not a request for one already???)

Is there some special email or number I should call to get just slightly better service than this?

Comment

• Dear All,
                        Sorry to resurrect this topic again. Not exactly my first qualifying EG (I got EF twice in a row), but just wondering though. I did my calculation based on flight bookings, etc

I am currently ES with ES expiring at the end of February 2015, but as far as I know, my elite mileage accummulation was reset early February 2014 this year after a qualifying short-haul flight (CGK-SIN). SIN-PER was accummulated after the reset.
                        So now by 22 Deceber 2014 I will have accummulated around 34000 elite miles (after CGK-SIN-CPH and ARN-LHR), and by 6 January 2015 at around 41000 miles (after LHR-SIN-CGK).
                        Do they count the miles that was accummulated exactly a year ago? (On 23 December I flew CGK-SIN-LHR, and on 2 January 2014 I l flew LHR-SIN-CGK. (which is 550*2 + 6761*2)?

I am currently also planning to go to Perth before the year is out as well.

I have heard different things. One saying that I can qualify because I accummulated 50000 within a year (despite status reset).

Comment

• Quite surprised to see my status being upgraded to KF Gold although my miles were only around 38k. A birthday present for me this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                            Quite surprised to see my status being upgraded to KF Gold although my miles were only around 38k. A birthday present for me this year?
                            If they have a over capacity issue, it is definitely their own doing.

(Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by CPH View Post
                              Thanks 9V-JKL for the kind words and heads-up. I have browsed the OZ website for the details. In addition, I am also aware of the Aegean Air *G at 20,000 miles.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but should I go straight for Aegean as I will easily accumulate more than 20,000 miles yearly? Also, is the validity period of Aegean's gold status yearly or longer than that?

Thanks!
                              Interesting! Like to know more..

Comment

• got my gold status early after a flight from NRT last week. Last time I got gold was 2007-2009.
                                the miles stand at 38000+, but I might be getting an upgrade because basically, it's just a waiting game (I would qualify by January 2015 without them upgrading). All of the elite mileage was reset (unlike the OP)

Comment

Working...
                                X