No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is possible that they are switching between the 2 configs. Saw 9V-SKG fly back to SIN on SQ 222 from Sydney about 2 days ago. If they can switch for the Sydney route I'm sure other routes can get affected as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
      I will be flying SQ317 7 Aug and has reserved seat 9xDF but this morning I found out that it has been downgauged to Layout 1, from Layout 3. SQ322/317 has been having a long track of using 9V-SKU onward and I am hoping for 9V-SKZ. I cannot imagine how disappointed Suita Class Pax for not flying new F product. Looks like Y class is overbooked that it has to be downgauged to Layout 1 to accomodate mode Y class
      That can't possibly be the reason. Layout 3 has more seats in both Y and PEY than Layout 1- an extra 18 seats between those two cabins. Layout 3 also has an extra 18 seats in J. The only cabin that reduces in the new configuration is Suites.

Comment

I will be flying SQ317 7 Aug and has reserved seat 9xDF but this morning I found out that it has been downgauged to Layout 1, from Layout 3. SQ322/317 has been having a long track of using 9V-SKU onward and I am hoping for 9V-SKZ. I cannot imagine how disappointed Suita Class Pax for not flying new F product. Looks like Y class is overbooked that it has to be downgauged to Layout 1 to accomodate mode Y class
        SQ322|06AUG (SIN-LHR) and the return SQ317|07AUG (LHR-SIN) is scheduled to be operated by 9V-SKH.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
          SQ322|06AUG (SIN-LHR) and the return SQ317|07AUG (LHR-SIN) is scheduled to be operated by 9V-SKH.
          Flightradar24 indicate that 9V-SKY will do sq322 in 30 mins time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
            9V-SKH is currently operating to London as SQ322

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
              9V-SKH is currently operating to London as SQ322
              Yes. So flightdata24 does not have the updated info 1/2 hr before departure.

Comment

Yes. So flightdata24 does not have the updated info 1/2 hr before departure.
                SKY appears to have been shifted across to SQ346 to ZRH.

The issue appears to be SKZ. All other new A380s are flying the usual routes but SKZ did not head for ZRH after arriving back from PVG last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  SKY appears to have been shifted across to SQ346 to ZRH.

The issue appears to be SKZ. All other new A380s are flying the usual routes but SKZ did not head for ZRH after arriving back from PVG last night.
                  With only 5 new A380, there bound to be some days whereby some flight will be switch to the older A380, so as to facilitate maintainance.

Comment

• 9V-SKP out of action for 2 months?
                    9V-SKR is still in AUH?

Comment

I have said so in another thread but my observations of this are if for straight 2 weeks a flight operates the same pattern from Airport1-Singapore and does Singapore-Airport2 (Same one) then FR24 will assume the pattern (i.e. SQ2 typically gets the aircraft from SQ325 both Tuesdays, the third Tuesday, it is predicted and assumed this will occur and if it does, it will subsequentally keep that prediction until a change occurs). Best source to rely on is iCargo

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                        Yes, all the A380 will move towards one standard configuration as per SKU-SKZ.
                        Cool. Makes a lot of sense then. Just easier to have all of the A380 in a unison config like we do with 77W

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          A bit out of usual cycle, I am boarding SQ317 served by 9VSKI instead of SKH,.

SKI SERVED sQ306 prior, and SKH now serving SQ305 ahead of mySQ317

NORMALLY SQ317 is the return of SQ322

Comment

A bit out of usual cycle, I am boarding SQ317 served by 9VSKI instead of SKH,.

SKI SERVED sQ306 prior, and SKH now serving SQ305 ahead of mySQ317

NORMALLY SQ317 is the return of SQ322
                            Until September 1, SQ306/305 will be operated with the A380. The turnaround times allow flexibility to allow SQ322 to return as SQ305 and SQ306 to return as SQ317. But I think the situation occurred that both LHR redeyes were operated with the same configuration on that particular day itself, which caused a different turnaround time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Until September 1, SQ306/305 will be operated with the A380. The turnaround times allow flexibility to allow SQ322 to return as SQ305 and SQ306 to return as SQ317. But I think the situation occurred that both LHR redeyes were operated with the same configuration on that particular day itself, which caused a different turnaround time.
                              Thanks SQfanatic! Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                Great post!

Comment

Working...
                                X