PPS club qualification - what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS club qualification - what to expect

with my pps club qualification fast approaching i was wondering if the Sqtalk community could enlighten me what to expect once i hit the 25 sectors? i.e online with the pps account , gifts, cards etcc etc

thanks

Tokes

Your welcome pack will be a PPS card with booklet plus two luggage tags. The gift depends where you are - In the UK, I've received a Braun Buffell passport cover.

Congrats on your coming qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      Your welcome pack will be a PPS card with booklet plus two luggage tags. The gift depends where you are - In the UK, I've received a Braun Buffell passport cover.

Congrats on your coming qualification.
      I think the qualification gift has been "enhanced" - I certainly received nothing when I qualified last August.

I received:

(i) PPS card
      (ii) PPS booklet (same as that online)
      (iii) lifestyle benefits booklet
      (iv) two luggage tags
      (v) a cover letter purporting to be from the GM of SQ UK

Edit: I think it depends in which country you qualify. Others on here or TOF have posted about the PPS coordinator coming round personally to deliver the PPS pack.

Comment

well im in brisbane australia - and with the current enhancements im not expecting to get a personal call up - instead probably an envelope with the cards and booklet , a pre designed letter and the envelope

btw cheers sqfan also i also realised like nickbot i also very recently hit Sqtalk elite silver woot haha

tokes
        Last edited by token01; 15 May 2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
          well im in brisbane australia - and with the current enhancements im not expecting to get a personal call up - instead probably an evelope with the cards and booklet , a pre designed letter and the envelope
          Yup, that's all you get in Oz....no welcome gift! Pretty crappy luggage tags, I might add...one of mine has already broken!!

Comment

In Australia, there is a S$ 180 gift certificate from SQ when you qualify or requalify for PPS and additional S$ 280 gift certificate when you qualify for Solitaire. These gift certificate can be use for purchase of any item from Silver Kris Shop (in flight or mail order).

I received my S$ 180 last month for my QPP 4 requalification and S$ 280 last Friday for my TPP 5 qualification.

Luggage tags are now in leather and no longer in those crappy plastic cover.

Comment

I'm based in Singapore and I got a Braun Buffel passport holder too. I got it in the registered mail, not from some PPS coordinator Santa Claus.

What I like about previously being a PPS Club member is the opportunity to check-in at the Raffles Class counter even when flying in Economy -- might not be a good thing in all occassions, as sometimes the Y queues clear much faster than the C side. Another perk is the chance to use the SKL in Changi -- Not sure about Brisbane though.

While on board in Economy, the FAs take special care of you, addressing you by your name and occassionally taking your menu order before meal service starts. This attention to service might not be so apparent in Business, as they treat everyone well anyway.
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

eyy highfyer it sounds like from ** comment that being pps now sep onwards travelling economy u cant chek inn raffles - thats absurd - atm im only KF gold and apart from SIN where there designated desks if ** travelling economy on elite gold i always can and have cheked in raffles counter - to be honest recently theve mostly been raffles tickets

so whats the rule post sep 11

Comment

eyy highfyer it sounds like from ** comment that being pps now sep onwards travelling economy u cant chek inn raffles - thats absurd - atm im only KF gold and apart from SIN where there designated desks if ** travelling economy on elite gold i always can and have cheked in raffles counter - to be honest recently theve mostly been raffles tickets

so whats the rule post sep 11
                  I believe what highflyer meant was that the raffles class check in counter is slower than the economy counters.
                  They did not remove this benefit (yet).

Comment

any recent experiences? I just qualified for PPS for the first time this week. I am based in Germany. Looking forward to more benefits even though most of the benefits will be useless to me as I already get them with my other star gold status.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      In Australia, there is a S$ 180 gift certificate from SQ when you qualify or requalify for PPS and additional S$ 280 gift certificate when you qualify for Solitaire.

I received my S$ 180 last month for my QPP 4 requalification and S$ 280 last Friday for my TPP 5 qualification.
                      Interesting: Am based in Singapore. Just requalified again to PPS after an absence of 8 years (highest tier for the longest time was KFEG) and in the mail, came the package, inclusive of S$280 Krisshop vouchers. Am only a normal PPS, and not a Solitaire.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                        Interesting: Am based in Singapore. Just requalified again to PPS after an absence of 8 years (highest tier for the longest time was KFEG) and in the mail, came the package, inclusive of S$280 Krisshop vouchers. Am only a normal PPS, and not a Solitaire.
                        Please note that the last posts were from 2007. S$280 is the standard for QPP these days.

Comment

blast from the past thats for sure

shoutout to Manflyer, Sqflyergirl, CarbonMan, Nick01, CarbonMan, Jb and the rest of the old gang !

Hope you are all well !

Comment

blast from the past thats for sure

shoutout to Manflyer, Sqflyergirl, CarbonMan, Nick01, CarbonMan, Jb and the rest of the old gang !

Hope you are all well !
                            Hello! Old gang? Not that old lah!

Comment

So sad, I'm not part of the old gang

Comment

Working...
                              X