Short Holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Holiday

The missus and I are thinking of going for a short holiday, probably 4-5 days, with our 18 month old boy. It will be his first overseas trip. Anyone has any suggestions on where to go?
    Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Really depends on where you guys are located, what you want to do and what the budget is like...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I would go somewhere within 2 hrs by air just to get a feeling how he takes to air travel. We took our daughter to KCH on her 1st flight @ 3 months old

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Really depends on where you guys are located, what you want to do and what the budget is like...
        We're located in Singapore. As this would be our first holiday with him, I don't really know what would be appropriate activities to plan for, though the missus and I have wanted to visit the wine country in Margaret River for some time already.

Comment

Originally posted by astroboy View Post
          We're located in Singapore. As this would be our first holiday with him, I don't really know what would be appropriate activities to plan for, though the missus and I have wanted to visit the wine country in Margaret River for some time already.
          Well in that case I would fly to and stay in Perth, (about 5 hours from SIN) lots to do in and around Perth. http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9468 You can then always take a car or coach trip down to Margaret River if you want. Just make sure you watch out for all the SQTalkers who hang out in Perth.

Comment

For a 18 month old, I will suggest somewhere more relaxing and not doing a lot and Cebu might be ok.

Perth sounds ok and kid friendly although 5 hours is a bit long from here.

HKG is ok but not very child friendly. That was the first place we brought our daughter to at 18 months and even brought a ticket for our helper as we found an extra pair of hands helped to make the holidays less stressful. We did that for a subsequent trip to Koh Samui a few of months later.

The other place we went to was Halong Bay and we booked a luxurious suite in a junk with an attached bathroom. It was rather calm at the end of the year but not sure if it is the best for a 18 month old though.

Comment

perth is a good place as most australian cities are vy child friendly - you can rent a stroller at pharmacies, most places are accessible by car, which makes logistics so much easier. Only hitch with Oz is customs restriction on only UNOPENED can of formula, and some formula lines in SG not available in Oz, Similac eg.
              Plane ride itself, need to prepare for child to adjust to altitude change at take off and landing, drinkin water (or munchin some cookies, raisins) shd help. I have a post - Little Boy flies A380 - cant attach url cos writin tis on mobile but you shd be able to find in TR and hopefully will help with some info too

Comment

Thank you for all your suggestions, you all have been very helpful!

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions on accomodation?

Comment

If you're looking at staying in the Margaret River area, then I personally recommend you check out the Quay West Resort Bunker Bay

Comment

I stay here when visiting Perth.
                      1. Great views
                      2. Lovely walk by the river
                      3. Car park next to room ( you need car in Perth )
                      4. Shops nearby
                      5. Perth zoo
                      6. Nice ferry ride to city

http://www.thepeninsula.net/

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        I stay here when visiting Perth.
                        1. Great views
                        2. Lovely walk by the river
                        3. Car park next to room ( you need car in Perth )
                        4. Shops nearby
                        5. Perth zoo
                        6. Nice ferry ride to city

http://www.thepeninsula.net/
                        Seems like a great place. Do you also have any recommendations for car rentals?

Comment

Usually rent from Avis at PER.

Cars are right next to terminal.

Door (PER) to door (Peninsula)

Comment

Working...
                          X