Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
    It would be interesting to see global statistics (if these even exist) for the general reliability of Airbus vs Boeing aircraft, broken down into several subcategories. Nothing against Airbus and it could other factors but yeah.
    Yup and it surprises me it's happening to the long haul Airbus aircraft more often than Boeing. Same here loldude333

Comment

• Incident: Singapore A359 at Dusseldorf on Aug 1st 2017, nose wheel steering failure

From avherald:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4ac71e3d&opt=0

A Singapore Airlines Airbus A350-900, registration 9V-SMC performing flight SQ-338 (dep Jul 31st) from Singapore (Singapore) to Dusseldorf (Germany), landed safely on Dusseldorf's runway 23L and rolled to the end of the runway where the aircraft stopped. Emergency services attended to the aircraft. The aircraft was subsequently towed to the apron, where passengers disembarked normally.

A passenger reported they noticed that the aircraft did not vacate the runway after landing, then emergency services arrived at the aircraft. About 5-6 minutes later the captain announced that he could not steer the aircraft to the terminal due to a system failure, they needed to be towed to the apron. The aircraft was towed to a remote location on the apron, the passengers disembarked via stairs.

The occurrence aircraft remained on the ground in Dusseldorf for about 6 hours, then was able to depart for the return flight SQ-337 with a delay of 35 minutes.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• I was on that A350 in DUS. Confirmed. There were no emergency trucks there upon landing, a sign that probably the issue manifested itself just upon touch down /landing and no indications were given by instruments before or during approach.

Despite the fact we had to get into the terminal by bus, the situation was decently handled. One does wonder about such failure happening on such young aircraft though.

Comment

• Seems SQ26 is delayed due to technical issues. Just in the lounge and it was announced on the PA system

Comment

• SQ346 is now delayed until an aircraft becomes free to service the route. Google reports it being delayed for 5 hours 35 mins.

Maybe the aircraft that was serving SQ346 was pulled for SQ26?

Comment

• What has just happened to SQ636 @ 9V-SWD?
              Took off, circled and landed back at Changi.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                SQ346 is now delayed until an aircraft becomes free to service the route. Google reports it being delayed for 5 hours 35 mins.

Maybe the aircraft that was serving SQ346 was pulled for SQ26?
                Now they are awaiting first available aircraft (ex-SQ218; 9V-SKE) it seems.

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                What has just happened to SQ636 @ 9V-SWD?
                Took off, circled and landed back at Changi.
                SQ636 had a radio communications failure (squawk 7600).

9V-SWK is now operating as SQ636D. Currently taxiing for departure (PETD: 0215)
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ 52 MAN > IAH is slightly delayed (9V-SME). I just come off the SIN > MAN sector. It could be because they are fixing a few issues.

11A & 12A had broken tables.
                  Broken coffee machines - I found that out when I was served a stone cold cup earlier on.
                  Last edited by FN-GM; 5 August 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    SQ 52 MAN > IAH is slightly delayed (9V-SME). I just come off the SIN > MAN sector. It could be because they are fixing a few issues.

11A & 12A had broken tables.
                    Broken coffee machines - I found that out when I was served a stone cold cup earlier on.
                    The A350s won't be in as good a condition as the current 77Ws are at the 10 year mark. Pretty easy to make that prediction already!

Comment

• Seems like the A350 were of a very inferior finish. Other Operators eg. CX had problems ranging from peeling paint, broken lavatories, to more technical problems causing multiple delays. I wonder does the Operators have any recourse against Airbus for these unsatisfactory performance?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        The A350s won't be in as good a condition as the current 77Ws are at the 10 year mark. Pretty easy to make that prediction already!
                        In fairness, depends at what issues we are looking at. Both seats and Coffee machines are often from same suppliers on Airbus & Boeing (B/E, Zodiac, Iacobucci, etc...). It can be a different matter if we look at wings, landing gears etc.

As example, regarding the JCL seat, I recall encountering exactly the same table deployment issue on 77Ws, A380s and A345s, so what has been experienced on the A350 may happen as well on the 77WN.

Comment

• SQ806 to PEK, operated by 9V-SWU has made quite an unusual routing on yesterday afternoon's flight. It took off on time but diverted much further north to Seoul Incheon (ICN). After 3 hours the plane has taken off just now and expected to arrive around 4:30AM. ETA as 801 back to SIN is very late, only
                          expected to arrive at around 11:45AM. Anyone know why?

Comment

• 9V-SKI operating as SQ217 currently delayed due to a leak in one of the engines.

Update: 9V-SKC will now operate SQ217, new ETD 1300.

Overall SQ handled the delay pretty well. Passengers were kept informed. Ground and lounge staffs were mobilised and ready to assist. Expected nothing less when in home port.
                            Last edited by KFly; 13 August 2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KFly View Post
                              9V-SKI operating as SQ217 currently delayed due to a leak in one of the engines.

Update: 9V-SKC will now operate SQ217, new ETD 1300.

Overall SQ handled the delay pretty well. Passengers were kept informed. Ground and lounge staffs were mobilised and ready to assist. Expected nothing less when in home port.
                              SQ217 also delayed approximately the same amount of time four days earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                SQ217 also delayed approximately the same amount of time four days earlier.
                                Yup but today's return flight departed/arrived on time. A few days ago, however, it arrived late into SIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X