No announcement yet.

Qantas A380 Config Revealed + New Logo + New Longhaul Premium Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Logo looks pretty alright actually. The flying Kangaroo has become so much of an Icon that they just couldn't afford to make radical changes to it. The "tweaks" does give it a more contemporary and edgy look. But i thought the gold coloured strip at the side should have stayed though.

The new Premium Economy looks pretty impressive as well.. though the design looks pretty plain.. But with a industry-leading seat pitch of 42" and a whole range of other features, Qantas certainly has upped the ante and makes the SQ Premium Y look average. How rare is that, with SQ usually setting the benchmark instead.
    -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Originally posted by zhiw3n View Post
      ...Qantas certainly has upped the ante and makes the SQ Premium Y look average. How rare is that, with SQ usually setting the benchmark instead.
      Bear in mind that we haven't actually seen what SIA has to offer on its own A380.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

We'd already seen SQ's A380 Y and C cabins; they'd be identical to the 77W ones. Don't think they'd have premium Y.
        So the big surprise will be SQ A380 F.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Is there a seat map out yet for the QF A380?
          Check out my Trip Reports at:
          Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
            Is there a seat map out yet for the QF A380?
            Nothing on their website yet.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

ok, completely sold on this now, I've decided I love the new roo, and also that the premium economy looks really good

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                Bear in mind that we haven't actually seen what SIA has to offer on its own A380.
                We've seen two thirds of it as the Y and J are the same as the 77W. Just the F will be new. Definitely no PE on SQ, who have looked into it and decided against it for now.

Kudos to QF for upping their game here, both in the air and on the ground. Very impressive!!.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  We've seen two thirds of it as the Y and J are the same as the 77W. Just the F will be new. Definitely no PE on SQ, who have looked into it and decided against it for now.

Kudos to QF for upping their game here, both in the air and on the ground. Very impressive!!.

True, we have already seen two-thirds of what SIA's whalejet will offer, but remember that if its true that there will be a new F on it, the A380 would prove to be an all-around great experience. The new Y for example: my uncle and cousin have both ridden on the 77W and said that its better than long-haul MH Y. And for J, its already gained the title of best business class from the usually un-reliable skytrax and has been getting rave reviews. Combine that with a new F, maybe some special add-ons like wireless internet, onboard lounging areas like we see on QF, and improvements in the existing Y and J, and the SQ A380 should add-up to be an awesome plane. Oh yeah, and when the amazing Terminal 3 opens there should be a nice new SKL to challenge the likes of the CX wing and pier and the new QF facility as well as their outpost lounges as SQ has been taking the recent steps to rennovate their other SKLs. *sigh* I don't think I can get any special info from my uncle whos an SIA 777 pilot as he abides with the company's strict tight-lipped policies, even for small stuff.
                  Last edited by sqforever; 5 July 2012, 01:57 PM. Reason: privacy
                  Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    We'd already seen SQ's A380 Y and C cabins; they'd be identical to the 77W ones. Don't think they'd have premium Y.
                    So the big surprise will be SQ A380 F.
                    Oh yes, how could I forget that. Thanks. I look forward to flying on the A380 when it's finally here! Even though the only difference between this aircraft and the B77W is in F, flying on a evolutionary giant is an experience in its own right.
                    My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                      ... flying on a evolutionary giant is an experience in its own right.
                      I won't bore all and sundry with my ambivalence about the A380 then.

Comment

I won't bore all and sundry with my ambivalence about the A380 then.
                        Oh yes, please don't restart the debate about whether the A380 or B787 is more exciting. I know one is evolutionary while the other is revolutionary.
                        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

I didn't even have the 787 in mind when I made that comment.

Anyhoo, I found this website which gives a better view of the new QF seats:
                          http://www.samchuiphotos.com/QFnew/QFnew.html

All photos are copyright of Sam Chui, so please link to the website instead of directly to the photos.

Comment

Not having flown on a 744 for a number of years (the last being a NW when they operated SYD/LAX) the QF - Y cabin still seems very cramped. Maybe its the colour scheme, but out of interest, how does it compare to the SQ 744 or 77W.

Comment

I didn't even have the 787 in mind when I made that comment.
                              Haha. I was referring to the debate that occured in another folder when someone asked which aircraft one would be eager to try.
                              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Looking at Sam Chui's photos, the seats for domestic routes looks very bland. The new first class looks very nice tho... And the domestic business and premium economy looks very similar...

Comment

Working...
                                X