Singapore Dining - Chicken Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Dining - Chicken Rice

If you do a search on the term "Chicken Rice" on SQTalk, you will get quite a few hits...this is one of Singapore's iconic dishes -- I am referring to what is commonly known here as Hainanese Chicken Rice.

Lots of great versions in SG, not least Tian Tian, Wee Nam Kee etc. SQT regulars like Kyo, and probably most others will have their favourites.

I've not yet done a report on Hainanese Chicken Rice...perhaps one is due, but what triggered this post was an article shared with me by HUGE AL, on one writer's experience dining at Hawker Chan in Singapore...

The article is here...I was a little surprised and even taken aback by how the author seems to have confused Hawker Chan's soya-sauce chicken rice with the Singapore icon, Hainanese Chicken Rice....

I've written about Hawker Chan before and my opinions stated then are still valid now.

Bottom line: soya sauce chicken isn't the same as SG Hainanese Chicken Rice . Someone better tell the author!

Almost 30 hours, 77 views later, and no peanut gallery response?!? What's going on here? (But my last login was so long ago, I had to clear my inbox. [did the "Smilies" section get smaller???])

I was utterly confused when I saw some strange looking chicken and a very scary picture -- and THEN saw it was in Maxwell!?! Why people wouldn't go to Tian Tian perplexed me. So had to inquire with our resident man on the street there. Needless to say, yflyer's response is TAME compared to the offense he shared with me.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
    X