77W 9V-SWV Door 2 Left ripped off @ LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W 9V-SWV Door 2 Left ripped off @ LAX

SIA's Boeing 777-300ER 9V-SWV suffered damaged when the door 2 left was ripped off the aircraft.

A Singapore Airlines (SIA) Boeing 777-300ER had its second leftside door ripped from the airframe at Los Angeles International airport on 16 April at 17.50 hours local time.

The carrier confirmed the incident, which happened as the aircraft "was being prepared for towing to its departure gate from a remote bay." The 777 was scheduled to operate as flight SQ7 from Los Angeles to Seoul on that day.

"There were no passengers on board at the time and there were no injuries. A damage assessment is being carried out, and the aircraft will return to Singapore after repairs are completed."

An image posted on-line shows the aircraft parked without the door, next to an aerobridge.

The carrier did not identify the aircraft's registration, but the on-line image shows that 9V-SWV (MSN 42236) was the affected aircraft.

Flight Fleets Analyzer shows that 9V-SWV was built in 2013, and had been in service with SIA since new.
    source from flightglobal.

Guess the SQ Group has some luck with ripped doors these couple of years

Past incidents:
    - SQ A330's door ripped off in SIN (when nose gear was accidentally retracted)
    - TR B787 door ripped off in SIN

Any others that I missed?
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
      SIA's Boeing 777-300ER 9V-SWV suffered damaged when the door 2 left was ripped off the aircraft.

source from flightglobal.
      That explains why SVC took over SQ7 (after being ferried to ICN from SIN) after missing its Wednesday early morning turn. And SWV is 4.5 years old. I wonder how long will it take for it to get fixed. That's one 77WR out for sometime.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

It's already been fixed and is en route to ICN.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
          It's already been fixed and is en route to ICN.
          It's made it back to SIN but it still hasn't flown for a week. I wonder what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I wonder what's up.
            The door was ripped off....

Comment

9V-SWV is back in service; operating SQ636|27APR to Tokyo-HND and back.
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
              X