SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    Seems SVM should be certainly out of the fleet.
    SVJ has also stopped flying for two weeks. but looking at the 77E requirements, Im wondering if the remaining 3x 77Es can support them?
    Maybe IST will finally get 78X or the A359

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
      Maybe IST will finally get 78X or the A359
      SVM is still flying as we speak, so I can't say for sure if it will be out of the fleet. Anyone who does fly SVM, let us know if the seats have been updated. I could guess SVJ is going to leave. Besides how many more 772 are supposed to leave by the end of this Fiscal Year?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        SVM is still flying as we speak, so I can't say for sure if it will be out of the fleet. Anyone who does fly SVM, let us know if the seats have been updated. I could guess SVJ is going to leave. Besides how many more 772 are supposed to leave by the end of this Fiscal Year?
        it was supposed to be 6x 77Es leaving (which should be SVG,I,J,L,M,N)
        and 1x 772R which was SQJ

funny for SVM to return to service... it should be slated for retirement before 31 March.

Comment

• 7th January 2019 (Departed SIN 6th JAN)

9V-SVB last Boeing 777-212(ER) to operate the last SQ297/SQ298 SIN-CHC-CHC service.

Sorry might be unrelated to the thread, but just thought it was worth a mention in honour.

Comment

funny for SVM to return to service... it should be slated for retirement before 31 March.
            I wonder if it's related to the TR issues. There's absolutely no reason they need it for SQ operations as the 772ER fleet is now reduced to IST, PER, BNE and seasonal CHC extra flights and covering for regional 772s.

Are we expecting any more A330 departures before end of March?

Comment

I have read a recent Mainly Miles article and it does not really state which 772 are possibly to leave. It might be SQJ for the time being, meaning only 1 772 expected to leave the fleet.

Comment

I have read a recent Mainly Miles article and it does not really state which 772 are possibly to leave. It might be SQJ for the time being, meaning only 1 772 expected to leave the fleet.
                latest it did mention - "777-200 9V-SQJ has already stopped flying for disposal."

Comment

• I fly MNL frequently and now see the 77E seat map loaded for SQ916/921 from March onwards and also 912/919 from April onwards... guess they're gonna be filling in for some regional routes. I'm not complaining!
                  Last edited by pokfur; 9 January 2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    latest it did mention - "777-200 9V-SQJ has already stopped flying for disposal."
                    Do not really trust what the article said. They make few mistake recently by assuming SYH n 2 other have left the fleet but all 3 came back.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      Do not really trust what the article said. They make few mistake recently by assuming SYH n 2 other have left the fleet but all 3 came back.
                      Unless someone has actual access to operational information within SQ, the information is no more or less reliable than a lot of the more astute observations on this forum in my view. There are some exceptions of course...

Comment

• been discussed many times...

1) all the 772/3s with the 2006Y will definitely be retained longer than those without - i.e. SRM, SQM, SQN, SVB, SVC, SVE, SYH, SYI, SYJ

2) as per the last FY's fleet plan, 3 more 77Es should be departing by 31 March - i.e. SVJ, SVM, SVN. unless there has been any change to requirements, this should happen

so watch the next FY briefing when it comes for next year's retirements

Comment

been discussed many times...

1) all the 772/3s with the 2006Y will definitely be retained longer than those without - i.e. SRM, SQM, SQN, SVB, SVC, SVE, SYH, SYI, SYJ

2) as per the last FY's fleet plan, 3 more 77Es should be departing by 31 March - i.e. SVJ, SVM, SVN. unless there has been any change to requirements, this should happen

so watch the next FY briefing when it comes for next year's retirements

SQJ looks like it is also likely going to leave. A recent photo via FR24 shows it no longer has the titles and has not done any flights as well.

Comment

SQJ looks like it is also likely going to leave. A recent photo via FR24 shows it no longer has the titles and has not done any flights as well.
                            SQJ has already left a long time ago (June 2018 i believe) but still parked at changi? why didn't they just keep it flying then.

Comment

SQJ has already left a long time ago (June 2018 i believe) but still parked at changi? why didn't they just keep it flying then.
                              Oh no, that photo was taken in June, so you're probably right. But I am not for sure if it's still parked at Changi. That someone else should confirm.

Comment

• After quite a while on the ground, but not really long enough to be getting heavy maintenance, 9V-SVJ has completed an air test as SQ8877. It's probably on the way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X