This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world's most OVERRATED airline - Singapore Airlines

Another world's best airline award from TripAdvisor - world's best airline 2019:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/TravelersChoice-Airlines

Singapore Airlines is really seriously overrated. I really don't know how SQ can keep getting world's best airline. Maybe the voters have not flown on other airlines and are like frogs in the well or just fly on budget airlines only. The lounges are not fantastic, mediocre at best. Go google and youtube Thai Airways, Lufthansa First Class Terminal, SWISS, Cathay Pacific & Qatar Airways First Class lounges in BKK, FRA, ZRH, HKG & DOH and you will know. Do not even have a sleeping bed, no free Spa and massage. No soup, amenity kit or pajamas even in long-haul Business Class. No mother of pearl spoon when serve caviar in First Class. Caviar only limited to lunch & dinner in First Class, other airlines have it even for supper. No chauffeur from airport. Inflight service so-so, the way they talk is not polished like Qatar Airways. See how the older inflight managers talk and you will know, just go around smiling: "Everything good?" No choice of hot or cold towels served on a towel plate like many airlines like ANA, Qatar Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air. No baggage stand for First & Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel like Garuda Indonesia. No arrivals lounge in SIN like British Airways, Etihad Airways, ANA. Their A380s do not even have a lounge area.

The good things for SQ => Seats design like the new A380 Suites & Business Class & REALLY VERY CONVENIENT & DIRECT back to & from SIN. LOL!!

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    Another world's best airline award from TripAdvisor - world's best airline 2019:

Singapore Airlines is really seriously overrated. I really don't know how SQ can keep getting world's best airline. Maybe the voters have not flown on other airlines and are like frogs in the well or just fly on budget airlines only. The lounges are not fantastic, mediocre at best. Go google and youtube Thai Airways, Lufthansa First Class Terminal, SWISS, Cathay Pacific & Qatar Airways First Class lounges in BKK, FRA, ZRH, HKG & DOH and you will know. Do not even have a sleeping bed, no free Spa and massage. No soup, amenity kit or pajamas even in long-haul Business Class. No mother of pearl spoon when serve caviar in First Class. Caviar only limited to lunch & dinner in First Class, other airlines have it even for supper. No chauffeur from airport. Inflight service so-so, the way they talk is not polished like Qatar Airways. See how the older inflight managers talk and you will know, just go around smiling: "Everything good?" No choice of hot or cold towels served on a towel plate like many airlines like ANA, Qatar Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air. No baggage stand for First & Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel like Garuda Indonesia. No arrivals lounge in SIN like British Airways, Etihad Airways, ANA. Their A380s do not even have a lounge area.

The good things for SQ => Seats design like the new A380 Suites & Business Class & REALLY VERY CONVENIENT & DIRECT back to & from SIN. LOL!!
    People see things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
      People see things differently.
      Yup, just like those shallow-minded people who keep voting for PAP every election.
      Last edited by vsepr; 27 June 2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a troll post to me. In any event, up to you which airline to choose.

Comment

Yup, just like those shallow-minded people who keep voting for PAP every election.
          Whether SIA is top or not doesn’t necessarily affect you right? U can vote with your feet.

Comment

Whether SIA is top or not doesn’t necessarily affect you right? U can vote with your feet.
            Yes, it does not affect me. I just find it strange and is puzzled/curious and want to know how SQ can be the world's best airline in all surveys annually without all the extras that "WOW" the passengers:

1. The lounges are not fantastic, mediocre at best. Do not even have a sleeping bed, no free Spa and massage.

2. No soup, amenity kit or pajamas even in long-haul Business Class.

3. No mother of pearl spoon when serve caviar in First Class. In fact, crew does not know what is a mother of pearl spoon. Caviar only limited to lunch & dinner in First Class, other airlines have it even for supper.

4. No chauffeur from airport.

5. No choice of hot or cold towels served on a towel plate like many airlines like ANA, Qatar Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air.

6. No baggage stand for First & Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel like Garuda Indonesia.

7. No arrivals lounge in SIN like British Airways, Etihad Airways, ANA.

8. Their A380s do not even have a lounge area, bar, self service area with snacks.

Comment

Yes, it does not affect me. I just find it strange and is puzzled/curious and want to know how SQ can be the world's best airline in all surveys annually without all the extras that "WOW" the passengers:

1. The lounges are not fantastic, mediocre at best. Do not even have a sleeping bed, no free Spa and massage.

3. No mother of pearl spoon when serve caviar in First Class. In fact, crew does not know what is a mother of pearl spoon. Caviar only limited to lunch & dinner in First Class, other airlines have it even for supper.

5. No choice of hot or cold towels served on a towel plate like many airlines like ANA, Qatar Airways, Garuda Indonesia, EVA Air.

6. No baggage stand for First & Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel like Garuda Indonesia.

8. Their A380s do not even have a lounge area, bar, self service area with snacks.
              The same can be ask of a lot of companies actually. E.g. Apple

Comment

The same can be ask of a lot of companies actually. E.g. Apple
                That's why it's very strange. What exactly is on the voters' mind? It's like being brainwashed. Do they vote out of fear/loyalty to SQ or are they just simply ignorant?

Comment

That's why it's very strange. What exactly is on the voters' mind? It's like being brainwashed. Do they vote out of fear/loyalty to SQ or are they just simply ignorant?
                  Or they just view things very differently from you.

Comment

Not sure if troll post or EDMW is leaking.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                      Not sure if troll post or EDMW is leaking.
                      What's EDMW? This is not a troll post. Just curious & shocked.

Let's hear the views of the others who have flown on other airlines with the "WOW" perks I mentioned above.

I was very impressed when I took Garuda Indonesia Business Class. They have a baggage stand for Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel. The ground staff will pick up the baggage and place at the stand. No need to wait at all!

Comment

What's EDMW? This is not a troll post. Just curious & shocked.

Let's hear the views of the others who have flown on other airlines with the "WOW" perks I mentioned above.

I was very impressed when I took Garuda Indonesia Business Class. They have a baggage stand for Business Class passengers' baggage at the carousel. The ground staff will pick up the baggage and place at the stand. No need to wait at all!
                        See the thing is, a “to each his own thing”, one can also say they are curious & shocked by your views. It goes both ways.

Comment

Interestingly enough actually it does affect you technically, if people don't vote SQ then SQ will have to review itself and look into the points like the ones you've highlighted and even more and further improve.

SQ is good and better than many but .... best I don't agree.

Comment

No mother of pearl spoon
                            Disgusting, might as well be in economy. Once my TPPS reserve value has expired, in about 2035, I’m never ever flying SQ again.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                              Interestingly enough actually it does affect you technically, if people don't vote SQ then SQ will have to review itself and look into the points like the ones you've highlighted and even more and further improve.

SQ is good and better than many but .... best I don't agree.
                              I totally agree with this: "SQ is good and better than many but .... best I don't agree." Hit the nail on the head!!

Comment

Working...
                              X