No announcement yet.

Scoot to move operations to Changi Airport's Terminal 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replied you in this thread: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

The move will take place on 22 Oct:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...al-1-on-oct-22
      an infrastructure geek

Comment

MainlyMiles analysis on the move:

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/07/22/s...gets-underway/

I'd think DL is more likely to cut its flight and piggyback on KE out of T4 given that they're funnelling all Asia traffic through ICN. A few narrowbody operators could be persuaded to go to T4, and the remaining ones can go to T2.
        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Delta will stop flying into Changi as of 3rd week September

Comment

And now CAG will move some of JetStar's arrival to Terminal 2. Guess there is a sudden overcrowding at Terminal 1 with Scoot's shift.

For passengers travelling into Singapore from 5 November 2019

Last Updated: 01/11/2019 08:09 AM

From 5 November 2019, a limited number of Jetstar Asia flights will arrive into Terminal 2 of Singapore Changi Airport. All check-in and departures for Jetstar Asia will remain in Terminal 1.

For up-to-date information, please refer to the flight information displays at the airport.

Passengers transiting through Changi Airport can hop on the complimentary Skytrain to move between Terminals 1,2 and 3 or ride the complimentary shuttle service for transfers to Terminal 4.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Presumably the arrangement would be like SQ's usage of C1 C20 and C22.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                More likely 3K will also use T2 arrival immigration if aircraft are parked at T2. Similar to current SQ's T2/T3 arrival arrangements. T1 immigration and baggage handling could be overwhelmed by the Scoot influx.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

JQ8|24OCT (SIN-MEL) utilised gate E22 at Terminal 2 but that was a one-off thing at that time I suppose (after Scoot's shift to T1), because the flight was delayed for over 24 hours and only departed on the night of 25OCT19.

and even before Scoot had shifted to T1, there have been at least a few instances where EK/QF A380 departure flights utilised gate B7 at T3, which probably is due to lack of T1 A380 gates especially if any of them had been delayed.

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                  For today, there only seems to be one 3K flight that will be utilising T2 (Gate E24R) as of right now and it is:

3K516|05NOV (BKK-SIN) which will turnaround as 3K591|05NOV (SIN-PNH).

So the arriving passengers will clear immigration at T2 and the departing passengers will check-in at T1 and there should be CAG staff on hand to assist and direct passengers to gate E24.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                  X