SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Other Airlines > Star Alliance Partners

Old 11th July 2019, 11:45 PM   #1
Avenger777
SQTalk Elite Silver

Default ANA New cabin products

I must say, their new Business Class looks really impressive. Its like an upgraded version of the current SQ JCL seat. A shame SQ didnt come up with this product first. However, it looks like the seat has limited "lounging positions"- since there isnt really much room for a recline.

https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201907/20190711.html

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXGRW2oyl7Y

Last edited by Avenger777; 12th July 2019 at 12:06 AM..
Avenger777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 08:09 AM   #2
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

This looks really good. It does look similar to the SQ J seat, although the innovation here is having pairs forward/backward facing.

I expect we will hear the usual howls of dismay from those who don't like sleeping at an angle, although I've personally never had problems sleeping at an angle on SQ's J seat.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 08:31 AM   #3
yuuka_miya
SQTalk Elite Gold

Actually, I daresay BA, then QR did the forward-backward arrangement first.

But it looks like an interesting solution to the cubby hole issue on the SQ seats.
Old 12th July 2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Stratoliner777
SQTalk Elite Silver

Wow, ANA’s new J-class “Room” looks amazing, almost no need for First. Also love the entrance lobby/refreshment bar concept.
Stratoliner777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 05:03 PM   #5
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
I expect we will hear the usual howls of dismay from those who don't like sleeping at an angle, although I've personally never had problems sleeping at an angle on SQ's J seat.
I would rather sleep at an angle than fly backwards.
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2019, 10:22 PM   #6
alian
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: SQ PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
This looks really good. It does look similar to the SQ J seat, although the innovation here is having pairs forward/backward facing.

The irony is that many who complained about sq angled sleep position also praised other herringbone configuration which is angled. Sq and now ANA Solution actually gives me space and flexibility which I appreciate. The concept of forward n reverse seating seems to address the small foot well problem. Having sat in qsuites in reverse before I donít find it an issue and only noticed differences in take off n landing but really it just preferential

I actually prefer the concept of flipping the seat for bed mode as this allows for leather seats and fabric bed only wish sq used a slight thicker mattress but overall good. I actually dislike reclining to flat bed as the seat belt goes off position and hard to get a good adjustment.
alian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 04:33 AM   #7
Stratoliner777
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alian View Post
The irony is that many who complained about sq angled sleep position also praised other herringbone configuration which is angled. Sq and now ANA Solution actually gives me space and flexibility which I appreciate. The concept of forward n reverse seating seems to address the small foot well problem. Having sat in qsuites in reverse before I donít find it an issue and only noticed differences in take off n landing but really it just preferential

I actually prefer the concept of flipping the seat for bed mode as this allows for leather seats and fabric bed only wish sq used a slight thicker mattress but overall good. I actually dislike reclining to flat bed as the seat belt goes off position and hard to get a good adjustment.
Good points, I think the wide+angled, SQ/ANA style, may psychologically give a sense of "small footwell" but that's in comparison to the width of the seat, whereas herringbone the seat faces the footwell directly, so it's not as "weird".

From some photos online, it does seem that the ANA seat reclines into the flat bed, not flips over as in the original SQ design.
Old 14th July 2019, 02:42 PM   #8
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
I would rather sleep at an angle than fly backwards.
I find it quite interesting that people seem to be divided into two camps on whether they are ok travelling forwards or backwards, whether this is on buses, trains or planes, with more people not liking it that those who are ok with it.

I personally am fine travelling backwards on buses or trains, and planes as well, but I know some friends who absolutely refuse to do so.

As another data point, on the one occasion I flew BA J on the 77W, as one of a pair of rearward facing J seats, there was no perceptible difference between being forward facing or backward facing. Once the plane took off, I had no idea which was forward or backward. In fact, BA has a piece of decor on the front bulkhead of the cabin, which I had to keep referring to, in order to determine which was the front, and which was the back of the J cabin.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 10:50 AM   #9
eamond
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: SQ, OZ, UA, DL, QF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
Good points, I think the wide+angled, SQ/ANA style, may psychologically give a sense of "small footwell" but that's in comparison to the width of the seat, whereas herringbone the seat faces the footwell directly, so it's not as "weird".

From some photos online, it does seem that the ANA seat reclines into the flat bed, not flips over as in the original SQ design.
Because this literally is the ANA version of QSuite which I believe is a different product from SQ's one.

Michael
eamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 12:47 PM   #10
Stratoliner777
SQTalk Elite Silver

That makes sense! To add, it seems that the J class seat is wider than F, at least based on the seatmap.

Last edited by Stratoliner777; 17th July 2019 at 02:23 PM..