Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour: Possible refit of SQ Boeing 777-300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Possible refit of SQ Boeing 777-300?

SQ is going to get new inflight safety videos. But more on that later. I was perusing the tender document when I noticed this:

1.7 As the aircraft interior layout and locations of the emergency exits differ across aircraft types, we would need 7 versions of the Video to be created. The aircraft types to be portrayed are:
    • Airbus A380-800
    • Boeing B777-300ER
    • Boeing B777-300 (Type I)
    • Boeing B777-300 (Type II)

• Boeing B777-200
    • Boeing B747-400
    • Airbus A340-500
    • Airbus A330-300

could this possibly mean that it'll be the 777-300s that get the new business class? or perhaps a redesigned regional first/business?

Am I right in guessing that a need for two separate videos probably means that cabin layouts will need to be altered?

p/s i think it should read eight different versions, not seven.

Type I - One engine.

Type II - Two engines.

Seriously though, I think you could be right on that count. There is essentially no difference in layout between any of the 773's. (AVOD seats aside) - so WHY would you need two different videos ?

Off the top of my head, the only differences between videos on different aircract are portions that show

1) "where the exits are"

and

2) "where the lifejackets are in F and J".

Seeing as 1) is fixed for the 773's they already have... it looks like 2) a relocation of the lifejackets, which implies maybe, just maybe... a refit.

Comment

I predicted a week ago that 9V-SYF through 9V-SYL would be refitted with the new Business Class seats. I stand by that prediction.

Comment

or is it a typo?

777-200 type 1 & 2 & then the 777-300?

tender dox CAN contain mistakes after all.

Comment

yes! a new safety demo! hope it will be better then Thai's new safety

Comment

Working...
          X