Citibank PremierMiles card (SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citibank PremierMiles card (SIN)

Citibank Singapore has launched this new card - it earns 1.2 points for every S$1 spent - and this can be (I think) converted into 1.2 frequent flyer miles, including Krisflyer.
    Also gives 5000 points on first use. See this link :

https://www.citibank.com.sg/APPS/por...t/cc_xx_pm.htm

First year annual fee is waived.
    Another benefit is a free Priority Pass card, but only the attenuated plan which gives 2 free lounge visits a year.

Sounds like a good deal - I'm gonna apply for it.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Another card us poor UK based KF members can't get

...and I could really do with 5000 points!

Comment

Yes, how can I so "no" to 5000 free Krisflyer miles right ?
      Read the T & C in detail : downside is that it costs $25 per conversion of the Citi points into KF miles, but I can always accumulate them and convert in one lump sum - then these KF miles will have a fresh 3 year validity.

Aren't there many credit cards in the UK with generous 5000 or 10000 initial use free miles ? Maybe for other *A FF programs ?
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
        Aren't there many credit cards in the UK with generous 5000 or 10000 initial use free miles ? Maybe for other *A FF programs ?
        No KF credit cards ,...but BMI have a MasterCard with 20,000 miles - from TOF it seems that many people have "surfed" this deal and earnt themselves many many *A destination miles, but the system is tightening up

Comment

upright man, what's the annual sub for the card? I can't find it on their site. Also which 50 airlines? Like you, I intend to apply too

Comment

http://nuclearworldconflict.com/iran.html

nickbot : you should apply for the bmi card then - grab the free miles provided the card fee isn't too high. Look at all those SQTalkers who credit their miles to bmi - it must be a better program. I use Krisflyer only because its more convenient to credit into for me, and besides SIN is my home.

9V-JKL : its free for one year, then S$150 if you renew for the second year. But from my experience, Citibank is generous with waiving renewal fees.
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

nickbot : you should apply for the bmi card then - grab the free miles provided the card fee isn't too high.
              Too late - it seems that the card issuer, MBNA has just terminated its relationship with BD:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=42

The card is - or rather was - fee free! I've ended up with a total of 40,000 BD miles - I applied for one fee free card and a few months later, BD e-mailed me to invite me to apply for another fee free card so I did. (There's also a £60 fee version.)

What may (or may not - who knows ?) have killed off this deal were some people on TOF who apparently applied continuously over the years for a new card every few months - earning 20,000 BD miles each time! Made worse if they never banked miles with BD and never spent on the card.

Comment

As you say jhm, I think the word out there (from TOF) is that MBNA have indeed tightened up, including withdrawing the card, but I applied *after* this news came out and was still offered the card and bonus miles - it remains to be seen if I can manage to get multiples of the 20k BD miles. I agree, I think there are a few people out there that milked the offer which may have spoilt it for others, but I suppose even if I only get the initial 20k miles I'll be happy

Roll on UK KF AMEX! (...yeah right, in my dreams!)

Comment

One golden rule practised by selfish people is that they don't share an exploit (a way to get free stuff) until they've used it till they can't benefit any more from it.

Well, it seems the UK TOF people couldn't resist sharing a good thing with others before they'd milked it for all its worth - which is a generous thing to do in my opinion.
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

OT: I'm going to close my LH credit card and open it up again in a few months time. You get 6 000 miles on joining.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                      OT: I'm going to close my LH credit card and open it up again in a few months time. You get 6 000 miles on joining.
                      That's great - is that a Germany-based credit card ?
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

It's available in Germany and the United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                          It's available in Germany and the United Kingdom
                          Sounds good - 6000 free LH miles : nickbot you should grab them !
                          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Sounds good - 6000 free LH miles : nickbot you should grab them !
                            I'm not sure how useful those miles will be for nickbot, though. M&M miles expire in 3 years if you don't achieve at least FTL (*S); long-haul redemptions are expensive, especially in premium cabins; and M&M isn't that generous to Y flyers, particularly those who take advantage of W fares on SQ (only 50% miles).
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the kind thoughts/suggestions guys Pity I couldn't have the 6,000 miles credited to BD or KF

Will see how I get on with the MBNA BD bonus(es)...

Comment

Working...
                              X