Will SQ pull out of Pakistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will SQ pull out of Pakistan?

Due to the recent assassination, and unstability in Pakistan, would SIA pull out of Pakistan again? They did so in 2002 due to Security reasons, I believe but returned again, to Lahore and Karachi.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    Due to the recent assassination, and unstability in Pakistan, would SIA pull out of Pakistan again? They did so in 2002 due to Security reasons, I believe but returned again, to Lahore and Karachi.
    lolz....i didnt even know sq flew there. i dont know any airline in thier right minds would

Comment

except for PIA of course

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
        lolz....i didnt even know sq flew there. i dont know any airline in thier right minds would
        And what exactly are you trying to prove by opening your mouth and inserting your foot into it?

Comment

Well, lots of airlines fly to Pakistan. Etihad, Emirates, Gulf Air, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, Cathay Pacific, Indian, Kuwait Airways, Air France, Air China etc.
          Last edited by 9V-SPL; 29 December 2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            And what exactly are you trying to prove by opening your mouth and inserting your foot into it?
            well excuse me its my opinion
            and my toes taste pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
              I don't think this kind of opinion has a place in SQTalk. This thread will be locked fast by the moderator if this continues.

Going back to the topic, SQ service to Pakistan will depend on the matter of security over there and the load factor. As of now, I don't see why SQ should stop their service, unless the situation is really bad.

Comment

I believe I read somewhere that loads to Pakistan are actually rather healthy even prior to the suspension of the services, hence their return later. Few other services suspended during that period has been resumed in comparison.
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I think it is too early to say at the moment but I think it is unlikely unless the violence gets much worse. Obviously if the loads drop dramatically then they might consider it but this is unlikely. If the security is too unstable then it is more likely that they would drop the route or they might do what BA has done with unstable places and add an extra stop so the same crew can fly in and out and not have to stay overnight.

Comment

Anyone been to Lahore recently?

Hi folks,

I might need to go to Lahore soon.
                    Any SQTalk members went there recently ?
                    How's safety ? Hotel and restaurants good ?

cheers
                    Acey

Comment

SQ never stopped it's CMB service while CX did, so perhaps SQ are willing to take the risk for the revenue (mainly cargo rev in CMB, I'm told).

Comment

CMB is in Pakistan?
                        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

CMB is in Sri Lanka, no?? I thought we are talking bout Pakistan.

Comment

CMB is Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka.

KHI is Karachi and LHE is Lahore. Lufthansa is pulling out of KHI.
                            Last edited by 9V-SPL; 17 May 2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

People give Pakistan a bad wrap. I was there about 2 years ago and provided you are sensible about transport and accommodation - you'll be fine. There are plenty of more dangerous places in the world IMHO.

As for CMB, I was there a few weeks ago, and that is really not even slightly dangerous. Keep away from buses and public transport and you'll be fine. Sure a few buses have blown up in Sri Lanka, but when you are there you realise that there must be a million buses in that country, so the chances of something happening to you even riding a bus, are infinitely small.

You're a million times more likely to get killed in a car accident to/from the airport in either of those countries than to come undone by terrorists... You're probably 10 thousand times more likely to get killed driving to/from the airport in your home country, than to get blown away in a terrorist strike in LHE/KHI/CMB.

Keep things in perspective and don't believe everything you read in the media.

Much more dangerous (IMHO) is Nigeria and similar countries where you (unless you are black) stick out like dog's balls - and have a decent chance of getting kidnapped and held for ransom.

Comment

Working...
                              X