No announcement yet.

Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea when the Aloft Bangkok will open? I thought it will open in October 2011, and I swear that I saw it was avail for end of October for B2110++. Now, I just tried to search on spg hotel in Bangkok and Aloft is not avail. Has the opening date been postponed?
    visit my blog

Comment

• It's been delayed and they are now not taking any bookings before the 16th. Well, that was the case a few weeks ago when I communicated with them, it could well have slipped again.

They haven't bothered to update their wesbite to reflect this despite knowing for a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        It's been delayed and they are now not taking any bookings before the 16th. Well, that was the case a few weeks ago when I communicated with them, it could well have slipped again.

They haven't bothered to update their wesbite to reflect this despite knowing for a while now.
        Yeah, I tried some dummy booking. Now the spg website only show availability from 1-Nov onward.

If I book the pre-paid rate and the postpone the opening date again, what will happen? They simply refund my money?
        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          If I book the pre-paid rate and the postpone the opening date again, what will happen? They simply refund my money?
          They will try and offer you an alternative first, probably the Westin or the Four Points.

They are now confirming opening date has slipped further, to November. One of these days a Hotel in Thailand will open on time....and maybe a new aircraft will be delivered on time...and maybe....

Opening rate of THB 2111++ is pretty decent.

The Aloft Bangkok – Sukhumvit 11, scheduled to open in November 2011, has launched special introductory rates starting from THB 2,111++ per room per night.

Located in the heart of Bangkok, in the trendy and dynamic Sukhumvit district, Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 is surrounded by an active social scene, world-class shopping and numerous cultural attractions.

The Nana BTS Skytrain Station is located within walking distance from the hotel, making it easy for guests to get around the city quickly and efficiently.

The 32-storey and 296-room property features over 265 square-meters of tactic meeting space; Crave, an all day dining restaurant and w xyz bar; re:fuel grab ‘n go gourmet; re:charge 24/7 fitness centre and splash outdoor swimming pool.

Central to each guest loft is the ultra-comfortable Aloft signature R&R bed and 300-thread count linen; BlissÓ Spa amenities; free wired & wireless internet access. A plug ‘n’ play connectivity panel is a combination of high-tech office and entertainment centre for multiple electronic devices such as PDAs, cell phones, mp3 players and laptops all linking to a 42-inch flat panel TV for optimal sound and viewing.

Valid for stays between 1 November 2011 until 31 March 2012, the ‘Style at a Steal’ special opening rates offer an opportunity for travellers to experience this stylish hotel at a very attractive price – starting at THB 2,111++ per night for Chic room and THB 2,411++ per night for Urban room.

What’s more, the special rate is inclusive of unlimited hotel-wide and in-room wireless internet service, free shuttle Tuk Tuk from Nana BTS Skytrain station and Skhumvit MRT Subway station and free entry to one of Bangkok’s trendiest clubs - Bed Supperclub. Guests who stay two consecutive nights or more will also receive vouchers to be used at the hotel’s Crave restaurant.

Comment

• Well I've got my rate at THB2500 for early Dec. Eager to check it out

Comment

• I completed my 40th stay at the SGS last week, and as a gift I got one of their bath robes with my initials stitched on.

Shame I left it there....

Comment

I completed my 40th stay at the SGS last week, and as a gift I got one of their bath robes with my initials stitched on.

Off in a rush to catch a morning flight after a late one again?

Comment

• I had a wonderful stay at the newly opened Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit over the weekend. The hotel is located adjacent to the Ploenchit BTS station, yes down the stairs from the station and there is where the hotel is.

Was personally checked in, no waiting in line and they had my room ready even though I was at the hotel about 10 am, my arrival time was pre-warned at my booking.

I had a room on the 26th floor and they are exactly as they are depicted in their website. The king size bed I had was wonderful and I only paid S$303 for the three nights stay... wonderful.... service staff are very helpful and not robotic in fact they came across like friends, it was a fantastic experience...

Only thing that screwed up was the late arrival of the limousine that I had book for transfer to the airport, it did not appear on time and I was a little late for the plans that we had for the airport. Probably the car broke down somewhere or got caught in a heavy jam, but finally, instead of a Camry, a Merc turned up 30 minutes late.

As usual, Novotel sent me a feedback form after my stay and I highlighted the last minute screw up.... surprisingly, the hotel manager sent me an email this morning apologising for the whole affair and offered me a complimentary round trip transfer (airport -hotel) by Toyota Camry to me, upon my next visit and assuring me that the Chief Concierge - Mr. Pattanapong will take care of my airport transfer personally.

Well, I will make a long hual trip to EU again this month, maybe I should just stop over and stay a night again....

Good hotel and highly recommended.
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I completed my 40th stay at the SGS last week, and as a gift I got one of their bath robes with my initials stitched on.
                    Nice touch!

I thought you just got a gift... Or was that for your 30th stay?

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Too funny!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• The same management at the Westin does the same bathrobe thing, but I'm told it's after the 100th stay on TOF. I don't think you're supposed to take it with you otherwise they'd keep having to sew a new one every single time, and let's be honest - it's highly likely that they're not going to

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        Off in a rush to catch a morning flight after a late one again?
                        Something along those lines.....

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        I thought you just got a gift... Or was that for your 30th stay?
                        Got a gift for 30th stay last year as well.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        I don't think you're supposed to take it with you otherwise they'd keep having to sew a new one every single time, and let's be honest - it's highly likely that they're not going to
                        Of course you are supposed to take it with you. Why would you not be ?. It's a gift from them for giving them so much business. As for every single time, well I am sure that the Westin would be more than happy about giving out a free bathrobe every single time someone passes another 100 stays.

Comment

Why would you not be ?. It's a gift from them for giving them so much business
                          Why would you not be? Because perhaps it's meant to act more like a bonus to make frequent stayers feel good about themselves for all their future return visits? To act as a carrot of sorts and to influence future bookings?

I'll ask them next time when I visit, which could be next weekend... no hurry for a bathrobe here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Why would you not be? Because perhaps it's meant to act more like a bonus to make frequent stayers feel good about themselves for all their future return visits? To act as a carrot of sorts and to influence future bookings?
                            Are you serious ?. It's a THANK YOU gift - just as it said clearly on the card - for all the business 40 stays (and a few BarSu visits) has given them. Nothing to do with carrots, or future stays. You've got the wrong end of the process fella.

Comment

• Oh oh ... does this mean that I was not supposed to take away the framed photo of me which the W Maldives gave ? I should have left it behind for them to keep in storage for my next visit so as to encourage me to stay again ? I took it away with me!

Comment

• I suppose this chap's got it all wrong, then?

Comment

Working...
                                X