No announcement yet.

SIA will refresh their brand recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA will refresh their brand recently?

Many people said SQ would change their livery and retain 'Singapore Girl' in brand refresh , is it true?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...nding-11190376

Will know whether true or not when they end their review

Comment

I hope their new livery is not too radical a departure, yet at the same time I hope it becomes more elegant than the big-lettered current version.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
        I hope their new livery is not too radical a departure, yet at the same time I hope it becomes more elegant than the big-lettered current version.
        A new livery is not yet confirmed right? What are the chances that the SQ livery would change? It's been so prominent and a good representation of the company

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
          A new livery is not yet confirmed right? What are the chances that the SQ livery would change? It's been so prominent and a good representation of the company
          I think they should learn from LH's experience and not pay some trumped up "image consultant" huge amounts of money to completely screw up their livery and provide them with incorrect colour specifications requiring planes to be repainted a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
            Ah yes a new livery is rumored IIRC.

Comment

Do not think if there's a livery change, SIA would go for a totally new and somewhat radical design and chances are its unlikely except possibly more brighter or deeper but same colors. Would prefer if SIA commercials goes back more to focus on its "singapore Girl" brand. This is because at one time SIA did play down on its iconic girl during its change of agencies. As for aircrafts, there's not too much to boasts about its new aircrafts because practically most airlines and especially Asian airlines too have the new A350s and 787s.

Comment

There's definitely going to be a divide if and when SQ unveils a new / updated / modernised livery. Frankly, the minor updates to the livery over the airline's history have resulted in a remarkably recognisable and elegant livery (which I think looks great but is getting boring to look at after all these years). While I'm doubtful that a bold change to the livery would happen, I hope we will be pleasantly surprised.

A couple of airlines with updated / modernised liveries that I think was an improvement over the old one:
                - American Airlines (I definitely didn't like previous the tin foil look/logo no matter how iconic it was)
                - Air NZ (especially the All Blacks livery)
                - Malaysia Airlines
                - Qantas (in particular the new font typeface)

Comment

Personally I think the livery suits the airline and reinforces reliability and consistency which I feel a lot of other airlines don't match up to. To me, bright standout livery is more at home with LCCs, case in point- Scoot.

While I know many may not share my view about this, I think the "Singapore Girl" branding is what needs to go. It's out of touch with the contemporary views of many markets that SQ serves and I see it simply as objectification. By all means their cabin crew should be prominent in their branding due to the exceptional service standards and crew training, but it's time it looked more like a group of welcoming hosts of both genders with the term "girl" dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Personally I think the livery suits the airline and reinforces reliability and consistency which I feel a lot of other airlines don't match up to. To me, bright standout livery is more at home with LCCs, case in point- Scoot.

While I know many may not share my view about this, I think the "Singapore Girl" branding is what needs to go. It's out of touch with the contemporary views of many markets that SQ serves and I see it simply as objectification. By all means their cabin crew should be prominent in their branding due to the exceptional service standards and crew training, but it's time it looked more like a group of welcoming hosts of both genders with the term "girl" dropped.
                    Singapore lady? Singapore Aunty? nah, if its not broken, don't fix it.

Comment

Or Singapore Boy? But SIA should stick to and play up the Singapore Girl Icon and use it more now as believe thats the main unique selling point that SIA have. Like mentioned using things like new and modern planes is nothing now as most Asian and even African countries have the latest A350s and 787s.
                      Last edited by flyguy; 10 February 2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I believe they tried to live without trumpeting the Singapore Girl for awhile. It was part of an advertising effort during the previous CEO, and it came up in the news or in one of their corporate reports. I recalled seeing some A380 destination printed ads without the image or mention of the Singapore Girl at all. But in almost no time, she returned almost bigger than ever.

I think the Singapore Girl has long turned iconic in the minds of most passengers and is ingrained deeply in the airline's DNA. Singapore Girl is Singapore Airlines. It is a brand image and strategy that has quite successfully upheld the airline, whether it is defending against the rise of the middle eastern competitors or expanding to markets worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                          I believe they tried to live without trumpeting the Singapore Girl for awhile. It was part of an advertising effort during the previous CEO, and it came up in the news or in one of their corporate reports. I recalled seeing some A380 destination printed ads without the image or mention of the Singapore Girl at all. But in almost no time, she returned almost bigger than ever.

I think the Singapore Girl has long turned iconic in the minds of most passengers and is ingrained deeply in the airline's DNA. Singapore Girl is Singapore Airlines. It is a brand image and strategy that has quite successfully upheld the airline, whether it is defending against the rise of the middle eastern competitors or expanding to markets worldwide.
                          Yes it was when SIA chose and change the ad agency from Batey who created the Singapore Girl theme, and as any new agency which took over the account will try something new and hence the iconic SIA girl was dropped and focus on destinations. But SIA without the Singapore Girl and her inflight service is just not SIA and rightly as you said it have become the airline's DNA and should not be down played.
                          Last edited by flyguy; 11 February 2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I've never been comfortable calling a woman in her 20s, 30s or 40s a girl. Removing the "Singapore Girl" brand doesn't necessarily mean service will deteriorate. The focus should be on service standards, not only on the appearance of those delivering the service. I like the "service even other airlines talk about" phrase. And I'm not even sure the kebaya represents contemporary Singaporean culture. Even within the Malay community, preference seems to be for baju kurung.

It's time cabin crew uniform got a complete makeover. Something comfortable for the crew, and something that gives passengers comfort that the crew is dressed to act quickly in an emergency. I'd be happier receiving industry leading service from men and women dressed in comfortably in stylish t-shirts and pants, with nail coloring (or lack thereof) and hairstyles of their choice. Maybe it's just me....don't get me started on doctors wearing neckties in examining rooms.
                            Last edited by 259850; 11 February 2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                              - Qantas (in particular the new font typeface)
                              Have to disagree there: absolutely loathe the new livery, particularly the type face. I think it looks especially bad blown up on the A380. The poor Flying Roo has lost its paws too.

Comment

Working...
                              X