X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heathrow T2 flight connections

Hello Everyone
    I need some advice for my flights to Europe
    I will BE arriving on SQ flight in LHR T2 then will Fly on LH flights to Porto Portugal via Frankfurt
    Then on the return flight from Lisbon to LHR via Frankfurt on LH flights then onward to Singapore on SQ flight.
    My questions are :
    1. Can SQ check in my luggage all the way from Singapore to Porto for the first leg of my journey?
    2. Can LH check in my luggage all the way from Lisbon to Singapore on my return trip?
    3. What would BE the ideal minumum transit time for both leg of my journey?
    4. And If neither SQ or LH can check my luggage to the Final arrival airport would it BE a Great hassle to use LHR T2 for my Europe connecting flights?

Last 2 Times i use Zurich Kloten Airport for My Europe connecting flights and it has been a breeze. Trying put LHR T2 this time .

I am thinking that both SQ and LH are start alliance member and the terminal is T2 dedicated for Star Alliance airlines partnesrs thus no hassle should BE forseen.

I woould appreciate any decent good advice or input.
    Thank You

You don't say whether these are all one ticket or not, or how long the time is between your flights, so a lot would depend on that but if they are then both SQ and LH will be able to check your luggage all the way. Either way I would allow at least three hours to connect. T2 is a pretty decent terminal, I regularly connect from and to MAN on BA (T5) through T2, and it's a lot better than the old central terminals at LHR.

Comment

Thank You MAN Flyer
      Flights from SIN To LHR and return are on SQ
      Flights from LHR to OPO and LIS to LHR are all on LH

Comment

Based on my last experience in July 2018, SQ and LH were able to check through bags for me in both directions to my final destination even though I was on separate tickets (and even different cabin class).

Transiting in T2 is very straightforward. There are signs for transit and you just have to go through security clearance and you're back at departures airside. If you don't have your onward boarding pass, you will be required to show your ticket before you're allowed through security. After that, you can head to a transit counter to obtain your boarding pass.

However I think both SQ and LH have mobile boarding passes so you could use that with no issues.

Comment

Thank You pokfur.
          Appreciate your input

Comment

I know LHR well. Since you're not changing terminals, the whole procedure will take no longer than half an hour. Transit passengers have a dedicated security screening area. That said you might like to leave some extra time, especially for the return trip, for connections. LHR is notorious for the corkscrew, and after September, expect storms. I do believe you need to clear security in Frankfurt too, even though it's within EUS

Comment

Thank You EWR
              My LH flight schedule to Frankfurt then onwards to Porto Portugal departs at 0930 ( My SQ arrival schedule is at 0550 hrs)
              On my return trip my LH flight arrives LHR at 1400 hrs meanwhile SQ flight to SIN departs at 830 pm ( ample time to spare and we will use the KF Lounge to rest and freshen up)

Comment

Working...
              X