Confirmed : SQ to start flights to DUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
    Any idea how this compares to MUC and FRA load factors?
    Jan to Mar 2018

MUC - SIN: 84.1%
    SIN - MUC: 81.7%

In march there is some contribution from LH as they started their MUC-SIN-MUC on 27mar, 5 times a week.

FRA is difficult to compare as the source Destatis doesn't differentiate Airlines. But I would assume that FRA is also above 80% (my personal experience/award availability).

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      SQ's super-smart revenue management discounts DUS-SIN down to 3,000 SGD return in Biz but excludes HKG in that offer. Out of HKG, no special fares to DUS. Better to hand out to people redeeming miles...

On the other hand, SQ refuses to clear my own PPS waitlist for Spontaneous Escapes from PVG to SIN in Biz with 50 seats unsold on an A380. Comment: We only release certain inventory... Go figure!
      SQ833 is virtually full in J except Wednesday....

Comment

• Update on DUS as I was on SQ337 about a week ago.

There was a woman in Economy directly in front of me who was on her phone as boarding was underway. She was telling someone she had tried to get a J seat on the flight or even a PEY seat and everything was full. SQ apparently offered her a Y seat with the seat next to her blocked and that was the best they could do. She must have had status as the cabin crew were incredibly attentive to her during the flight.

The queue of passengers who boarded in Group 2 would suggest that J was indeed full. The Y cabin was at least 95% full. The unknown is how much yield they are getting, but whenever I go to book DUS, flying via FRA, MUC or ZRH with an LH or LX short haul connection is now consistently cheaper than direct on SQ338/7.

Comment

• Wow... interesting.

I've not paid attention but so far, my experience in J for that route has been like 2/3 full or so... but those were at least months back. I've never really noticed that any flight was particularly packed.

Got a flight on 337 in May. Will see how that turns out.

Pricing and load may not correlate very closely, though. Many other factors come into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
            Wow... interesting.

I've not paid attention but so far, my experience in J for that route has been like 2/3 full or so... but those were at least months back. I've never really noticed that any flight was particularly packed.

Got a flight on 337 in May. Will see how that turns out.

Pricing and load may not correlate very closely, though. Many other factors come into play.
            That would be interesting to hear about in May. It's not a route that many people on the forum fly as often it seems. Agreed, they might not be making much profit yet and I'm guessing it might also be part of the LH/SQ joint venture. I believe it was very busy at the Messe in the days prior to the flight with a fashion fair and this is the type of J traffic that SQ and the airport/city authorities wanted to target.

Comment

• Loadfactor Jan-Nov 2018:

SIN-DUS 76.8%
              DUS-SIN 74.0%

Overall it seems to improve with the strongest month July for the outbound and August for the inbound. In autumn the loadfactor improved significantly compared to 2017.

Comment

Working...
              X