SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    After quite a while on the ground, but not really long enough to be getting heavy maintenance, 9V-SVJ has completed an air test as SQ8877. It's probably on the way out.
    Yeah, after all, the titles have been removed giving a clear signal that's one of the few 772 to leave this FY.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Yeah, after all, the titles have been removed giving a clear signal that's one of the few 772 to leave this FY.
      I wasn't aware anyone had mentioned SVJ being stripped of any of its livery. I've checked the last few months of this thread and there's no such information. Do you have an alternative source for this development?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I wasn't aware anyone had mentioned SVJ being stripped of any of its livery. I've checked the last few months of this thread and there's no such information. Do you have an alternative source for this development?
        Seems to be a case of confusion with 9V-SQJ

Comment

• Well, anyway SVJ hasn’t flown since it completed its 2:51h air test.
          They normal return to service within a day or two. So high chance it’s out. There are 3x 77Es due to leave by end March this year, which should be SVJ SVM SVN

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
            Seems to be a case of confusion with 9V-SQJ
            Yes, my bad. I knew it was a 772 ending with a J, so yes it is SQJ that had its titles stripped off.

Comment

• https://scontent.fsin3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7d&oe=5CBD0880
              SVJ had its titles stripped.

Comment

• anyone knows where SQJ is headed btw?
                is it still sitting around Changi?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                  anyone knows where SQJ is headed btw?
                  A safe bet would be victorville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                    I took this bird from Perth to SG back in end-2016. J pax have the 2006 seat product but in Y it was the first gen seats still running WISEMAN 3000 AVOD with the screen changed to 9".

One less tired bird for long haul SQ flight

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                      A safe bet would be victorville.
                      You are right! 9V-SVJ ferried SIN-VCV on 4 Feb.

Comment

• With a few 787s grounded and the 737 Max 8 out of action, is the withdrawal of 777-200ERs now pushed back even further? Wondering how the new FY's delivery is shaping up

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
                          With a few 787s grounded and the 737 Max 8 out of action, is the withdrawal of 777-200ERs now pushed back even further? Wondering how the new FY's delivery is shaping up
                          They're already showing up on some regional routes like MNL and CGK.

I believe they're to be rostered to BKK, HKG, and PVG in the coming months, and I've also noticed to SGN (SQ184/183) later in the year. Seems like SQ might keep them to just do regional flying to plug the gaps?

Totally don't mind them in JCL of course but I noticed that D class fare gets sold out very very quickly due to the small J cabin compared to a 772 with regional J.

Comment

• I think it's fair to say they are now busier than ever. For a while, some of them were only in the air every second or third day, but all five seem to be seeing daily use at present. BNE going all A350 will change that a little- possibly how PVG will be covered. I think they would also be seeing them as an insurance policy for Scoot's 787s as well. They frequently cover Australian flights for Scoot- five times to SYD in the past week for example.

Comment

• Further to 772ER changes, along with the BNE flight which shifts to an A350 in a week from now, PER's remaining 772ER flight pair goes A350 from around beginning of June.

Basically this leaves only IST from its original rostered duties plus whatever odd jobs they find from them from now on. I really think they need to be making a definite effort not to assign SVM or SVN to the IST flights. It's a passable product if the 10+ hour flight gets the upgraded IFE and 2006 ex-77W Y seats. The other two planes are not acceptable for that length of flight, especially since there's no way of knowing when you choose to book, as to which you will get.

Comment

• 9V-SWM landed at Changi as SQ8877 from Rayong (UTP) in her new Star Alliance Livery

Comment

Working...
                                X