• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like, like, like, like!

Admin: pls install Like button. ��

Comment

Nice pictures there as well yflyer

I do enjoy window seats as well, every flight is a must, even though if it's a red eye, I still enjoy looking out at gaze at the stars. Some routes I even look at the FR24 track to spot any potential landmarks or decide which side to sit A / K, for example, to avoid the sun or catch sunrise/set

But only once I experience a "terrifying" view out of my window.. was on a flight from NRT-SIN on ANA, above Philipines airspace not far from Manila, the engines suddenly kicked into full throttle and I can feel the plane climb quite steeply. It was about 10~ pm most passengers were sleeping as the cabin was dark, I saw a plane flew pass below mine

Comment

A familiar sight to many with flying ex-Sin. Countless vessels dotting the seascape.

Comment

Blurred image of the Petronas Towers in KL. Apologies for the circle, I am unable to find the original image file and had to use the one I sent to someone.

Comment

The window seat, the best IFE for me during daytime flights For someone who can hardly sleep or rest in a seating position, I can spent hours looking out the window and trying to make out what I am seeing in reference to the flight channel on the IFE.
            Wanted to post some pics, but my inferior camera phone pics are nothing compared to the photos posted here. Only bugbear is on some long haul flights, the cabin crew would forcefully ask(in a nice way) to close the shutters.

Comment

Mt Fuji from SQ637

Enroute to KIX, view of Tokushima, Shikoku Island.

Comment

Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
                But only once I experience a "terrifying" view out of my window.. was on a flight from NRT-SIN on ANA, above Philipines airspace not far from Manila, the engines suddenly kicked into full throttle and I can feel the plane climb quite steeply. It was about 10~ pm most passengers were sleeping as the cabin was dark, I saw a plane flew pass below mine
                I find it very hard to judge how close nearby planes are, or whether or not it is safe/unsafe, when departing or on approach to an airport. I've seen quite a few planes fly close by on some of my flights as well but usually close to landing when at low altitude...but that said, the fact that your plane was at cruising altitude, and then went full throttle and climbed seems unusual -- that's never happened on my flights...

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                A familiar sight to many with flying ex-Sin. Countless vessels dotting the seascape.
                One of my favourite views coming in to land in SIN...

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post

Mt Fuji from SQ637

Enroute to KIX, view of Tokushima, Shikoku Island.
                Really beautiful pics, SQ218!
                Last edited by yflyer; 3 November 2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

a view of niagra falls on approach to toronto city airport

Comment

Originally posted by augmentin8 View Post

a view of niagra falls on approach to toronto city airport
                    Very nice picture, augmentin8! I didn't realize that the approach path to Toronto City Airport passed so close over the Niagara Falls.

I think most international pax would be more familiar with Toronto Pearson International (YYZ) as that is were many flights depart and land.

I've never used Toronto City Airport before (YTZ) although I had a good look at it from the ground, while on a jog in Toronto along the shores of Lake Ontario. Quite an unusual airport, located on a small island in the middle of Lake Ontario...

The pic below was taken in Toronto while I was jogging along the waterfront close to Queens Quay West...you can just see part of Toronto City Airport on the far right of the picture, across the water...

Comment

yea it was the approach to that airport on the island by Porter Air (PD) from EWR.

Yfler, nice pic too !

CN tower on the far right during the landing phase

Comment

These are amazing pics!! I recall twice when I flew Emirates, you can see the view of the Golden Gate Bridge upon leaving or arriving back from SFO, which I haven't when flying TransPac.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          These are amazing pics!! I recall twice when I flew Emirates, you can see the view of the Golden Gate Bridge upon leaving or arriving back from SFO, which I haven't when flying TransPac.
                          Correct, Emirates is the only airline permitted to provide views of the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                            Are you sure? I am 100% sure that Lufthansa does have views off at least the starboard side on departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                              Refer to my post on the SFO, that was an SQ flight

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                                There are often great views out of the right side windows on final approach to London Heathrow.

Here are pictures from SQ318 from July 2016 (TR here).

Tower Bridge and The Shard...

London Eye, Westminster and Big Ben...

Great pics. I worked in the City for a few years and lunchtimes in the summer it was compulsory to go to the Horniman at Hayes Galleria, have a pint or 3 and watch the planes coming in. Big kid really!

Comment

Working...
                                X