Changes to inter-terminal transfers at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to inter-terminal transfers at Changi

Nothing like advance notice about these things....and slightly strange to see Shirley Teo's name on the message but there you go...

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

Changes to inter-terminal transfers between T2 & T3 Transit Areas at Singapore Changi Airport

We would like to inform you that due to redevelopment works at Singapore Changi Airport, the Skytrain service connecting Terminal 2 (E Gates) and Terminal 3 (B Gates) within the airport's transit areas will cease operations from Tuesday, 24 February 2015 onwards. Please note that the other Skytrain service connecting the transit areas of Terminal 2 (F Gates) and Terminal 3 (A Gates) will continue to remain in service.

For passengers transferring between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, you may take the new shuttle bus service located at the North Bus Station just before Arrival Immigration. The shuttle bus will operate between the two terminals daily, between 5.00am and 2.30am the next day. Please look out for airport signs indicating "Shuttle Bus to T2 (E Gates)" or "Shuttle Bus to T3 (B Gates)".

If you are connecting to another flight at Changi Airport, you may proceed upon arrival to the nearest Transfer Lounge for information on the boarding gate of your next flight. You may also wish to note that the Skytrain lines connecting the other terminals will not be affected.

For more information, please visit http://www.changiairport.com/getting...minal-transfer.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused, and look forward to welcoming you on board your next flight with Singapore Airlines.

Yours sincerely,

Shirlene Teo
    Manager Loyalty Marketing

Very useful and timely update, thanks mate, I didn't get this update yet and have an imminent flight... (perhaps)

Comment

Brilliant, all this hassle for a.......shopping centre!

Parking at T2 for a pick-up at T1 is bad enough but now Unfortunately, too, the airport will never be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        Brilliant, all this hassle for a.......shopping centre!

Parking at T2 for a pick-up at T1 is bad enough but now Unfortunately, too, the airport will never be finished.
        Next up is T5, which will be larger then T1, 2 & 3 combined.....

*as announced yesterday...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

All i can say is i'm lucky i started doing some treadmill work 2 months ago - and it'll really pay off now!

Comment

I presume by "redevelopment works" they mean the Jewel project?

Comment

i will need to transfer between T3 to T2.

What sort of effort is it to walk?

I am aware of the distance, just have not done it before. Dont mind the exercise, especially between flights.

Is there a signposted path to navigate, or it is up and down over curbs?

thanking you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmouse View Post

I am aware of the distance, just have not done it before. Dont mind the exercise, especially between flights.

thanking you in advance.
                As the notice explains, the Skytrain connecting the T2 F gates with the T3 A gates will still be operational, so you can consider using it.

How much you would need to walk would depend on your gates of course. A best case scenario would be arriving at A1-A8 and connecting to F50 or F31 for example, as these are all just a short walk from their nearest Skytrain stop. However, if you arrive in the B gates, be aware that you'd have to walk a substantial amount of time through the shopping area in T3 if you still wish to take the Skytrain to T2.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmouse View Post

thanking you in advance.
                  If you are airside, its not difficult at all. I regularly walk from T3 to T1 or T2 (because kids like eating at T3 F&B before saying goodbye, because i like the walk before being stuck in a metal tube for hours, etc)

At stroll pace without stopping to browse shops, T3 after passport control to T1 (below the EK/QF/SATS lounges) is about 5 minutes.

Another 5 - 10 min to cut through T1 duty free and pple, and another 5 min from end of T1 to T2 lounge (whcih is where I usually end up).

Comment

great thanks for replies. will be walking!

Comment

Details of the T2 - T3 bus:

ravellers may transfer between Terminals 2 and 3 as follows:

Within the transit areas (to travel between Terminal 3, B Gates and Terminal 2, E Gates) A free shuttle bus service connecting Terminal 2 (E Gates) and Terminal 3 (B Gates) runs from 5.00am to 2.30am, with an average waiting time of between four to seven minutes. The journey takes about six to eight minutes.

Boarding & alighting points:
                      Terminal 2: North Bus Station, Level 1, just before Arrival Immigration (take escalator down and turn left). Look out for signs indicating “Shuttle Bus to T3 (B Gates)”
                      Terminal 3: North Bus Station, Level 1, just before Arrival Immigration (take escalator down and turn right). Look out for signs indicating “Shuttle Bus to T2 (E Gates)”
                      Alternatively, passengers can take the South Skytrain line, connecting T3 (A Gates) and T2 (F Gates), which continues to operate as usual.

Source: http://www.changiairport.com/getting...minal-transfer
                      You are not kidding right?

Getting passengers to wait up to 7 minutes for the bus? Skytrain runs every 2 minutes during peak, and with the RailBus you are spending double the time waiting, plus a journey time of up to 8 minutes (which is double of what on the SkyTrain).

For passengers like myself who use Changi Interchange frequently, it will be a major inconvenience, especially when your plane parked in T2 and have to get to T3 for the next service with only 40 minutes to do the transfer.

Buses running every 4 - 7 minutes is not going to be enough and I worry it will result in overcrowding easily. I think Changi Airport should increase its buses to every 1 - 2 minute to compensate for the additional journey time caused.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                        Details of the T2 - T3 bus:

You are not kidding right?

Getting passengers to wait up to 7 minutes for the bus? Skytrain runs every 2 minutes during peak, and with the RailBus you are spending double the time waiting, plus a journey time of up to 8 minutes (which is double of what on the SkyTrain).

For passengers like myself who use Changi Interchange frequently, it will be a major inconvenience, especially when your plane parked in T2 and have to get to T3 for the next service with only 40 minutes to do the transfer.

Buses running every 4 - 7 minutes is not going to be enough and I worry it will result in overcrowding easily. I think Changi Airport should increase its buses to every 1 - 2 minute to compensate for the additional journey time caused.
                        Don't think there will be a big issue. There's always the A-F skytrain if all else fails.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I avoid airports that require buses.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                            Don't think there will be a big issue. There's always the A-F skytrain if all else fails.
                            But it will be stressful for first time users to Changi Interchange, especially they've only got 50 minutes or an hour of transfer time.

Imagine during this time, you have to walk from your gate to the transit mall, then try to find the counter to redeem your S$20 voucher (sometimes you have to queue up 10 minutes for that).

Then you rush to do your shopping and to the bus station, wait 7 minutes and ride for 8 minutes, and still need to be at the gate 10 minutes before departure and do your toilet runs before as you cannot use the toilet on board until its airborne.

Is there enough time?

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                              If you are airside, its not difficult at all. I regularly walk from T3 to T1 or T2 (because kids like eating at T3 F&B before saying goodbye, because i like the walk before being stuck in a metal tube for hours, etc)

At stroll pace without stopping to browse shops, T3 after passport control to T1 (below the EK/QF/SATS lounges) is about 5 minutes.

Another 5 - 10 min to cut through T1 duty free and pple, and another 5 min from end of T1 to T2 lounge (whcih is where I usually end up).
                              Just to close the loop on this, I just did a deliberate check walking from T3 passport control to T1 Gate C1 linking up with T3 and the exact distance is 1.25km and my stroll time is 10min

Comment

Working...
                              X