No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's at DMK, then it's probably one of the birds being transferred to NokScoot.
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
      I have a list of all current and future SQ 772 routes:

ex-Singapore

SQ 247 Singapore - MEL - WLG 4x weekly (until 28 Oct)
      SQ 448 Singapore - Dhaka 3x weekly (from 2 Feb 2020 until 26 March 2020)
      SQ 800 Singapore - Beijing Daily (from 1 Feb 2020)
      SQ 868 Singapore - Hong Kong Daily (from 27 Oct)
      SQ 890 Singapore - Hong Kong Daily (until 26 Oct)
      SQ 932 Singapore - Surabaya 1x weekly (until 24 Oct)
      SQ 968 Singapore - Jakarta Daily (from 27 Oct until 30 Nov)
      SQ 972 Singapore - Bangkok Daily (from 1 Sept until 26 Oct)
      SQ 976 Singapore - Bangkok Daily (from 1 Dec until 31 Dec)
      SQ 992 Singapore - Phuket Daily (until 26 Oct)
      Your list may be slightly out-of-date. A couple of corrections, according to my latest info:

SQ448/449 DAC -- Su, We, Th, SVx, 27 Oct -- 26 Mar. New Timings
      SQ868/857 HKG -- SQx/SRx, 27 Oct -- 6 Jan; A333 7 Jan -- 28 Mar
      SQ932/933 SUB -- also operates Fri 25 Oct (SQx/SRx)
      SQ968/951 CGK -- SQx/SRx 27 Oct -- 30 Nov; SVx 01 Dec -- 28 Mar
      SQ972/975 BKK -- A333 1 Sep -- 28 Mar. 78X 30 and 31 Aug.

The SQ800/801 rotation is showing SQx/SRx inventory when operated by a 772. SQ890/891 gets a 773 27 Oct -- 28 Mar.

Further changes should come as no surprise....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
        Your list may be slightly out-of-date. A couple of corrections, according to my latest info:

SQ448/449 DAC -- Su, We, Th, SVx, 27 Oct -- 26 Mar. New Timings
        SQ868/857 HKG -- SQx/SRx, 27 Oct -- 6 Jan; A333 7 Jan -- 28 Mar
        SQ932/933 SUB -- also operates Fri 25 Oct (SQx/SRx)
        SQ968/951 CGK -- SQx/SRx 27 Oct -- 30 Nov; SVx 01 Dec -- 28 Mar
        SQ972/975 BKK -- A333 1 Sep -- 28 Mar. 78X 30 and 31 Aug.

The SQ800/801 rotation is showing SQx/SRx inventory when operated by a 772. SQ890/891 gets a 773 27 Oct -- 28 Mar.

Further changes should come as no surprise....
        Thank you for the corrections! What I listed above was purely SQx and SRx routes though, I have a separate one for 77E (SVx).

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
          If it's at DMK, then it's probably one of the birds being transferred to NokScoot.
          Likely to be SRQ. Although I thought they did the paintwork in Changi before flying them over to DMK

Comment

• Thank you ell3 for the reply, the SQ bird which I saw in DMK airport still have that blue/gold/orange color speed line intact, bird logo removed, is clearly an old SQ B777-200 aircraft, there seem to have quite a few TG aircraft parking over there too, with their engines covered up, a TG A340-600 is parked outside the hanger.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasonahl View Post
              Thank you ell3 for the reply, the SQ bird which I saw in DMK airport still have that blue/gold/orange color speed line intact, bird logo removed, is clearly an old SQ B777-200 aircraft, there seem to have quite a few TG aircraft parking over there too, with their engines covered up, a TG A340-600 is parked outside the hanger.
              It was ferried to DMK on 16/8 I think. There is a Instagram post on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                They need all 5 to operate the scheduled flights over the weekend:

SQ972/975
                SQ868/857
                SQ184/183
                SQ392/391
                SQ912/919

Although all the flight pairs have relatively short flight times (except IST), they don’t exactly connect nicely with each other. Only on a few occasions have they used the aircraft that flew SQ857 for SQ184. But that’s just a half hour turnaround time aided by an early arrival from HKG.

With SVN back in service but SVE out, they’ve probably chosen the MNL route to be subbed by the 773 fleet, which currently has some slack since it no longer does the 916/921 flight pair.

Last week some of the SQ184/183 flights were done by the 787 as well.

I am praying that my SQ912 will not be using museum grade aircraft in 1.5 weeks time.
                visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                  Likely to be SRQ. Although I thought they did the paintwork in Changi before flying them over to DMK
                  Saw it posted on Thailand Aviation Photographers fb page, it was indeed 9V-SRQ, to be registered as HS-XBG. NokScoot 6th B772ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                    Is SRO going to NokScoot btw?
                    Don’t think so as it is already 16years 3 months. I think Thai need the aircraft to be below 16years. So thus SRP/SRQ was retired earlier.
                    Last edited by sbs2716g; 28 August 2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Planespotters has SRQ listed as stored but due to NokScoot as HS-XBG. It has SRP as ferried to DMK on 21JUL and now registered as HS-XBF, which is already in full service. Therefore any aircraft in a hangar ex-SQ in DMK must indeed be SRQ.

What's really interesting is that the date of delivery to XW of SRP was exactly one week before its listed 16th birthday. Similarly, SRQ would have to be "delivered" by now to make the 16 year cut off as it turned 16 on Sunday just gone, if the date in planespotters is in fact the official, correct one that is used in this transaction. (My knowledge of the finer details of Thai air safety laws is non-existant!) If the 16 year rule is definitely operating to these dates, then SRO has certainly missed the deadline. The only two remaining 772s that could head to NokScoot are SQM & SQN, which if they left before the end of March 2020 would easily make the cutoff. Up until now though, XW has only received SR-series 772s.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                        Saw it posted on Thailand Aviation Photographers fb page, it was indeed 9V-SRQ, to be registered as HS-XBG. NokScoot 6th B772ER.
                        Correct except G = 7th letter. It will become their 7th 772ER

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          I am praying that my SQ912 will not be using museum grade aircraft in 1.5 weeks time.
                          NOOOOOO my SQ183 today has been swapped to a 772. How will I survive the 1h45min without a flat bed????

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                            NOOOOOO my SQ183 today has been swapped to a 772. How will I survive the 1h45min without a flat bed????
                            I thought 772 biz has been refurbised to flat bed? no?
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              I thought 772 biz has been refurbised to flat bed? no?
                              Only the 772ER SV-series. SQ/SR-series is regional recliner 2-2-2.

Comment

• Who knew back in 2009-2010 that SQ was going to keep these refitted birds (mostly 773) around until 2020 or even longer?

SRO has been out for 17 days, while SVE for 10. Perhaps, positively, impending retirements?

Comment

Working...
                                X