Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ PE - Now officially launched

Hey guys,

I recently discovered that my my parents have had their seats re-allocated on their flight between Frankfurt - Singapore SQ325 on 24/09/15.

I logged into the manage booking page to find that the seat map in economy class was different and had only rows 41 to 62 showing.

I did a quick flight search and there was no seat map available and saying B777-300ER-PEY.

Any idea what SQ is doing on this flight, is this the introduction of premium economy...

Cheers
    Last edited by SQOU; 1 February 2015, 01:04 PM.

Looks like First is removed on that config, Maps are showing 3 rows of J in the mini cabin & 9 rows in main cabin (increase of 4 seats J).

Comment

Has the seat map been published? Where can I view this seat map?

Comment

You can see it when you do a dummy booking & go to seat selection. Looks like 5 rows of Y & one toilet are gone from the main Y cabin. So I'm guessing 3 rows of W 8 abreast.

Comment

From what I've been told we'll be seeing 4F/48J/28W/184Y. 3 rows at 8 abreast for W.

Looks like F saver awards are going to be tougher to get.
          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
            From what I've been told we'll be seeing 4F/48J/28W/184Y. 3 rows at 8 abreast for W.

Yup. Only one row in F. Looks like they shifted the partition one row forward and replaced Row 2 of F with another row of J. Mini-J cabin now grown slightly bigger.

I have one flight affected. Not much difference except that the F cabin is now more exclusive (or claustrophobic?). Wonder if the "hump" above the head when sleeping in Row 1 is now gone.

Comment

Some additional details on AusBT.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...350-boeing-777

/The GDS lists the first premium economy Boeing 777-300ER as flying
              Singapore-Sydney on SQ231/222 from August 12
              Hong Kong from August 31
              London Heathrow from September 2
              Frankfurt from September 24
              Munich/Manchester from October 20
              Dubai from January 5, 2016
              Seoul/San Francisco from January 6, 2016
              If the GDS listing proves correct, the full schedule for the revamped A380s will be
              Sydney from August 9
              Hong Kong and London Heathrow from August 28
              Beijing and Shanghai from September 18
              Paris from September 28
              Delhi from October 13
              Mumbai from October 21
              Auckland from October 25
              Tokyo/Los Angeles from December 1
              Frankfurt/New York from December 14
              Zurich from December 27
              Last edited by CarbonMan; 1 February 2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

http://airlineroute.net/2015/02/01/sq-s-update1/

Comment

This means we will see the seats very soon right?!

Sad to see that MEL will not receive the product yet though!

Comment

I noticed an interesting seat map on this flight from SIN-LAX. Notice the icons used for the seats in the back of the cabin is different from the front cabin? I'm probably reading too much into this but yet it's intriguing. Any possible explanations?

[/URL]"]

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
                      I noticed an interesting seat map on this flight from SIN-LAX. Notice the icons used for the seats in the back of the cabin is different from the front cabin? I'm probably reading too much into this but yet it's intriguing. Any possible explanations?

[/URL]"]
                      Probably (yet another) glitch on the website.

Are there any photos released of the premium economy seats?

Comment

The full listing from airlineroute:

In recent GDS inventory update, Singapore Airlines has outlined planned Premium Economy Class service, which will be gradually introduced from August 2015, on Airbus A380 and Boeing 777-300ER fleet. As of 01FEB15, planned introductory date of Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A380 Premium Economy Class as follow. Note all dates are listed until 31JAN16, due to schedule listing. Effective dates and operational days, is based on Singapore departure.

Reservations for Premium Economy Class will be available in the coming weeks.

Airbus A380 Premium Economy
                        Configuration: F12 J60 S36 Y333 or F12 J86 S36 Y245 (Current 3-class: F12 J60 Y399 or F12 J86 Y311)
                        eff 09AUG15 Singapore – Sydney SQ221/232
                        eff 28AUG15 Singapore – Hong Kong SQ856/861 Gradual increase to daily by 07SEP15
                        eff 28AUG15 Singapore – London Heathrow SQ322/317 (SQ308/321 from 17DEC15)
                        eff 18SEP15 Singapore – Beijing SQ802/807
                        eff 18SEP15 Singapore – Shanghai Pu Dong SQ830/833
                        eff 28SEP15 Singapore – Paris CDG
                        eff 13OCT15 Singapore – Delhi SQ406/403
                        eff 21OCT15 Singapore – Mumbai SQ424/423
                        eff 25OCT15 Singapore – Auckland
                        eff 01DEC15 Singapore – Tokyo Narita – Los Angeles
                        eff 14DEC15 Singapore – Frankfurt – New York JFK 2 weekly (Day 15; 4 weekly Day x347 from 26DEC15; 6 weekly Day x3 from 19JAN15)
                        eff 27DEC15 Singapore – Zurich 3 weekly (Day 357; 6 weekly Day x2 from 06JAN15)

Boeing 777-300ER Premium Economy
                        Configuration: F4 J48 S28 Y184 (Current 3-class: F8 J42 Y228)
                        eff 12AUG15 Singapore – Sydney SQ231/222
                        eff 31AUG15 Singapore – Hong Kong SQ866/865 Gradual increase to daily by 10SEP15
                        eff 02SEP15 Singapore – London Heathrow SQ306/305
                        eff 24SEP15 Singapore – Frankfurt SQ326/325 2 weekly (Day 47; 4 weekly Day x136 from 25OCT15; 5 weekly Day x36 from 03NOV15; Daily from 30NOV15)
                        eff 20OCT15 Singapore – Munich – Manchester 2 weekly (Day 25; 4 weekly Day x147 from 27OCT15; Daily from 01DEC15)
                        eff 05JAN16 Singapore – Dubai SQ494/495 3 weekly (Day 256)
                        eff 06JAN16 Singapore – Seoul Incheon – San Francisco 2 weekly (Day 37)

Planned Premium Economy Class service introductory dates, as well as operational routes and flights remain subject to change. Booking code, according to Sabre timetable listing, is S / T / P.
                        Looks like we are due to get it twice a week to MAN from October, then daily from December.

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        Yup. Only one row in F. Looks like they shifted the partition one row forward and replaced Row 2 of F with another row of J. Mini-J cabin now grown slightly bigger.

I have one flight affected. Not much difference except that the F cabin is now more exclusive (or claustrophobic?). Wonder if the "hump" above the head when sleeping in Row 1 is now gone.
                        They could do away with F altogether for some routes.

Comment

PEY seat map.

Not sure what the blog's source it, but it looks legit.

Comment

Not good on the SFO route.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Availability on the all routes I've checked once they flip over to the 4-cabin F is Waitlist through from Saver to Full.

Not good for award availability at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X