Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Club? A|Club? Which is best?

Hey everyone,

Which one of the many many hotel chain frequent stayer programmes is the best for an SQ frequent flyer? I think the IHG Priority Club is thus far the best, convenient, big range of possible hotels to stay at from cheap to ridiculously overpriced. But my only peeve is that miles take a while to get posted. What do you guys think?

Between the 2, PC.

Our dislike for AC has been well documented. Sorry Gunnar...

Comment

Forget A - Club.

I'd go for Starwood, Hyatt then Priority Club.

But that's me. I also have Hilton, Radisson and Marriott.

I only use A-Club only as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

It's ok, I understand many member's disappointment with the program!

I do hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later, the bollockings I get from my father regarding A|Club are getting too much

Comment

Priority Club. And choose to earn points, not miles. Way more bonuses.

Comment

@savage Really! That's interesting, but I guess I just don't fly enough to know.

I actually have to agree wrt A|Club. I went on holiday and stayed all Accor group, y'know in the hope that I'd get the miles, but I didn't get credited for a SINGLE stay, and even the A|Club credit came in only for my first stay. VERY disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
              @savage Really! That's interesting, but I guess I just don't fly enough to know.

I actually have to agree wrt A|Club. I went on holiday and stayed all Accor group, y'know in the hope that I'd get the miles, but I didn't get credited for a SINGLE stay, and even the A|Club credit came in only for my first stay. VERY disappointing.
              Did you book through a-club.com? If not, you can't get any points.

Hey guys, If I book Sofitel or Pullman through expedia, can I ask for room upgrade and welcome gift/drink vouchers (Plat benefits)? I know I can't earn points, but I'm not interested in points anyway. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                Not entirely true - if the room was booked via accorhotels.com he would still be entitled to receive points. Also, a booking over the phone (I know a bit old school these days but still a possibility) would also entitle the OP to A|C points...

Hey guys, If I book Sofitel or Pullman through expedia, can I ask for room upgrade and welcome gift/drink vouchers (Plat benefits)? I know I can't earn points, but I'm not interested in points anyway. Thanks.
                There should be a 'remarks' or 'comment' field where you can enter your requests etc...

I would be putting my A|C details there, any res agent worth their salt should be able to pick this up as Expedia utilises the GDS and the res info appears the same way it would if it were an accorhotels.com booking.

I guess, it would all come down to how well versed the hotel is on A|C and its applications...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                  Not entirely true - if the room was booked via accorhotels.com he would still be entitled to receive points. Also, a booking over the phone (I know a bit old school these days but still a possibility) would also entitle the OP to A|C points...

There should be a 'remarks' or 'comment' field where you can enter your requests etc...

I would be putting my A|C details there, any res agent worth their salt should be able to pick this up as Expedia utilises the GDS and the res info appears the same way it would if it were an accorhotels.com booking.

I guess, it would all come down to how well versed the hotel is on A|C and its applications...
                  Thanks !!! Much appreciated !! Just deciding whether to go for Grand Mercure or Pullman in Shanghai

Comment

Yep i did, not complaining la. Just not particularly enthusiastic about the programme anymore Lol

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                      Yep i did, not complaining la. Just not particularly enthusiastic about the programme anymore Lol
                      This whole aclub is a joke anyway lol. I just want my room upgrade and drink chits

Comment

A-Club.... Never got my stay credited automatically...
                        Always had to claim it and email them my invoices....
                        Such a hassle for a loyalty program...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          Between the 2, PC.

AC has the most confusing policy in term on the number of nights required for the next level.

It does it on the rolling basis. Today you will see 8 more nights tomorrow you will see 15 more nights as the 7 nights is no longer in the windows.

The good side is AC you can stay in the "expensive" Sofitel or the cheap Ibis and get the same nights.

But don't expect much extra service even you are their Platinum member.

PC is good as the points will never expire.

I like HH as you will get both points and miles.

Abit OOT, any one here is GHA member?
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                            A-Club.... Never got my stay credited automatically...
                            Always had to claim it and email them my invoices....
                            Such a hassle for a loyalty program...
                            I just stayed in Novotel Ploenchit last week, it was credited straight to my A-Club in few days. Although my new downgraded Silver card is still not with me and I gave my expired Gold Card
                            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              Abit OOT, any one here is GHA member?
                              Probably better for another thread, but yes, I am - was signed up at the River View Haiphong hotel and got complimentary Internet access where we once had to pay for this before. They seem to be doing a major revamp and it's actually not a bad list of properties they seem to have - but the group lacks cohesion as a whole.

They have this new 'experiences' thing that's also rather innovative and actually quite some way ahead of what the usual Hotel Frequent Stayer programs offer...

Comment

Working...
                              X