Holiday Inn Express for Orchard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Inn Express for Orchard

On Bideford Road, which is near Paragon IIRC ?.

Holiday Inn Express will grow the InterContinental Hotels Group's (IHG) portfolio in Singapore to four properties when it opens in 2013.

IHG already boasts an InterContinental, the Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre and Holiday Inn Atrium.

The new addition will be located on Bideford Road, off Orchard Road in Singapore’s CBD, and will consist of 220 rooms.

It comes as part of IHG’s aggressive push for the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands (see news), which includes the revamp of Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, formerly known as Holiday Inn Park View Singapore (see news). Meanwhile, Holiday Inn Atrium, is still undergoing refurbishment, which ends completes by year-end.

Next on the pipeline for IHG are Holiday Inn Express properties in Bangkok and Kota Kinabalu.
    http://www.businesstraveller.com/asi...ay-inn-express

Yes. Seems that they are refurbishing the small building behind what was once the Crown Prince Hotel, then the Park Hotel, now Knightsbridge. Good location.

Comment

Here

http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?f=q&s...=&z=19&iwloc=A

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Yes. Seems that they are refurbishing the small building behind what was once the Crown Prince Hotel, then the Park Hotel, now Knightsbridge. Good location.
      It's going to be a new building

Comment

Great stuff! I had an amazing experience at the Holiday Inn Express Temple of Heaven in Beijing and would totally go back there again. For the price the room was ... roomy, the breakfast provided and I got extra points for staying there. What's not to like! Hopefully this value will be translated to our Singapore setting!

Comment

Location would be excellent. Now if they will price it realistically and leave it at 15K PC pints then you got a winner. Actually IMHO the location is almost too good to be a HIX but hey ...

Comment

it is extremely rare for an asian developer to agree to be part of a low end chain that has to provide various complimentary items. And to be in singapore. that is even rarer.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
              Actually IMHO the location is almost too good to be a HIX but hey ...
              It's a good central location, but the actual site is "side alley" rather than main street frontage, so I suppose a major chain would not have gone for it. Views will be direct into other buildings, and into the Cairnhill Place carpark...

Would have been nice to see a high-end boutique move in though.

Comment

Would have been nice to see a high-end boutique move in though.
                I told you we should have bought it!
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  I told you we should have bought it!
                  And I kept telling you that the owner's penthouse harem, oops I mean Suite, should only have been 1 floor, but noooo you had to insist on 2 floors... How were were going to get ANY ROI...???

Comment

And I kept telling you that the owner's penthouse harem, oops I mean Suite, should only have been 1 floor, but noooo you had to insist on 2 floors... How were were going to get ANY ROI...???
                    EASY! Charge SQ-type rates and bill them as "ENHANCEMENTS!"
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Did they forget about the Crowne Plaza Changi in that article?

Comment

2 more HEXs in SIN will be popping up over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          2 more HEXs in SIN will be popping up over the next few years.
                          One will be near Clark Quay according to this article and a monster it will be (room count wise). It also talks about the one at Orchard near The Heeren buidling.

http://www.timesdirectories.com/Sing...ec_code=664691

I drove past the site yesterday in a cab and snapped a pic of the fence / wall surrounding the site which calls it the Holiday Inn Express Clark Quay.
                          Last edited by demue; 12 May 2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I see there is a HIX opening in Seminyak as well. That just feels 'wrong'.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                              One will be near Clark Quay according to this article and a monster it will be (room count wise). It also tals about the one at Orchard near The Heeren buidling.

http://www.timesdirectories.com/Sing...ec_code=664691

I drove past the site yesterday in a cab and snapped a pic of the fence / wall surrounding the site which calls it the Holiday Inn Express Clark Quay.
                              I will hopefully be moving before they start pile driving foundations or it will be a nightmare! That plot has been empty for years and I'm surprised it took so long for someone to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X