X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines B777-9 Thread

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ource=facebook

New First Class & Business Class

Singapore Airlines will launch all-new first class suites and business class seats for its Boeing 777-9 jets, with airline CEO Mr Goh Choon Phong predicting a "quantum leap" from today's Boeing 777 premium cabins.

Speaking to Australian Business Traveller ahead of the delivery flight of the airline's first Boeing 787-10 from Boeing's South Carolina facility to Singapore, Goh said the airline's "product innovation team has already begun to conceptualise on what product we should introduce in the 777-9, what they should be like."

Goh said this would include first class suites for the long-range Boeing 777-9, which the airline will begin flying in 2021-2022.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

While the new F & C classes will be headlining the new plane, I'm pretty sure Y will be 3-4-3. Perhaps we will see an evolution of Y+ which will probably remain 2-4-2.

Will F be 1-1 like the new A380s?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      For business class other than privacy doors, I really don't know what else they can do without significantly increasing the foot print of business class seats and subsequently the ticket price.

They also need to make the bed softer.
      Last edited by SQ217; 27 March 2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        I think you'll be waiting a while for an answer to that!

Comment

3-4 years is not very long

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            While the new F & C classes will be headlining the new plane, I'm pretty sure Y will be 3-4-3. Perhaps we will see an evolution of Y+ which will probably remain 2-4-2.

Isn't the 777-9 cabin wider though? Because then the seats won't be as narrow as the seats with 3-4-3 configuration today.
            Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

A mere 12cm wider.
              5.84m vs 5.96m.

Comment

1st Static Frame rolled out yesterday

Comment

More Pics....

Comment

Looks really nice. Definitely love the winglets as well. Looking forward to the day it joins service on major carriers including SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Looks really nice. Definitely love the winglets as well.
                      Those are not winglets, but wingtips that fold up when the aircraft is on the ground in order for the 777-8/9 to be classified as Code E aircraft, the same class as the current generation Boeing 777, Boeing 747-400 etc. The wingtips fold down before take-off, and fold up after landing before getting to the gate. Otherwise, as Code F, larger parking spaces are more taxiing clearance would be required. The Boeing 747-8 and A380 are Code F aircraft.

Folding wingtips were an option for the original 777 but no airlines took up the option; it is no longer optional on the 777-8/9.

Some info here: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ng-tip-446789/

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                        Those are not winglets, but wingtips that fold up when the aircraft is on the ground in order for the 777-8/9 to be classified as Code E aircraft, the same class as the current generation Boeing 777, Boeing 747-400 etc. The wingtips fold down before take-off, and fold up after landing before getting to the gate. Otherwise, as Code F, larger parking spaces are more taxiing clearance would be required. The Boeing 747-8 and A380 are Code F aircraft.

Folding wingtips were an option for the original 777 but no airlines took up the option; it is no longer optional on the 777-8/9.

Some info here: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ng-tip-446789/
                        Yeah, I see what you mean. But I did not know folding wingtips were an option for earlier 777's.

Comment

Boeing has joined the fuselage sections of its first 777X test aircraft, ahead of fir

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ircraf-453793/

The airframer connected the nose, mid and aft sections of the 777-9 variant at its facilities in Everett, Washington. At a length of 77m (252ft) from nose to tail, it is the longest passenger aircraft ever manufactured by Boeing.

Comment

I think this will also be the longest passenger aircraft in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              I think this will also be the longest passenger aircraft in the world?
                              Yes it is, overtaking the previous holder, the B747-8 which was 76.25m in length.

Comment

Working...
                              X