No announcement yet.

World Cup...Have your habits changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Korea was impressive. Good fight against the lackluster samba boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      Sad man... Watching soccer at the local coffechop is the corner-stone of life in SIN... Where else can you put your leg up, shout abuses at the referee (apparently calling him a piece of wood for some reason "kayu" as well as accusing him of being an offshore fish farm "kelong") AND put ice in your beer without others thinking you are insane??
      Are you one of those Ah Sengs in shorts, flip-flops, beer belly protruding out of a white singlet... scaring off little girls at the kopitiam downstairs?

I love the World Cup. The roads are clear, the supermarkets are empty, the gym less crowded.... very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Yes, TVU and TVAnts is the only solution as I can't get that Batam signal

I had pretty poor quality, the ball was a white blob...
        You can try myp2p. Streaming rates of up to 800kbps. Some streams are in HD and commentary is in English or whichever language you choose!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          I love the World Cup. The roads are clear, the supermarkets are empty, the gym less crowded.... very nice!
          +1 Almost had B&Q to myself the other day!

My habits have changed - I'm watching far less TV because the normal schedule is ruined by football coverage. Thankfully I have Sky, so can seek solace in the Discovery Channel

Comment

My goodness Spain were disappointing... even in Chinese... thanks SJJ

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              Are you one of those Ah Sengs in shorts, flip-flops, beer belly protruding out of a white singlet... scaring off little girls at the kopitiam downstairs?

Nah, don't really give a monkey's about the world cup unless I have a bet on one of the matches... The part about the beer, however, I like a lot!
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

The world cup is great but I its certainly not as exciting when all the matches are at odd times (for us in Singers). If your in the same time zone its great as you can watch games at lunch and so on.
                I'm certainly not staying up till 5 in the morning watching England play again though! TV recording devices were invented for a reason, one of which i'm sure is for England fans so that they can watch the agony of each game at their leisure..

Comment

Finally, an exciting match (Argentina vs S Korea).

So apt as a response to this blog on the Beeb sports section:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond...um_as_exc.html

(I do dislike the vuvuzelas, however. The chants/songs and roars sound so muted in comparison.)
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    No, F1 still rules

Comment

I have to say I haven't enjoyed this one so far. Regardless of how England are doing I always enjoy watching other games and as a rule they have been poor. I know that is down to a number of things like how well organised the 'smaller' teams are these days and how they just sit back and defend, altitude and what players and coaches alike have declared is the worst ball they have ever come across. I wonder how the idiots who designed it are feeling now. Why they have to 'redesign' a football in the first place god only knows. It should be round, made of leather and full of air. Leave the bloody thing alone.

The atmosphere at games has definitely been ruined by those bloody vuvzelas. While the sound of them doesn't bother me as much as it does others, it's killed the crowd atmosphere and the singing, which are an integral part of the match experience. On the rare occassions the vuvuzelas go quiet, there is no crowd noise like there normally is. A mate of mine who is there and has been to a couple of games said exactly that, they have spoiled the normal world cup match atmosphere.

I have heard a UK supermarket has already sold 50,000 vuvezelas. Good luck to anyone blowing one next to me next year at a football match in England...
                      Last edited by MAN Flyer; 17 June 2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Gawd... 4:1, Korea's sunk!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          The atmosphere at games has definitely been ruined by those bloody vuvzelas. While the sound of them doesn't bother me as much as it does others, it's killed the crowd atmosphere and the singing, which are an integral part of the match experience. On the rare occassions the vuvuzelas go quiet, there is no crowd noise like their normally is. A mate of mine who is there and has been to a couple of games said exactly that, they have spoiled the normal world cup match atmosphere.

I have heard a UK supermarket has already sold 50,000 vuvezelas. Good luck to anyone blowing one next to me next year at a football match in England...
                          There's even a vuvuzela ringtone/smart phone app.....
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

ah shame the Koreans were doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                              ah shame the Koreans were doing well.
                              I must have jinxed them. When I started watching the game, it was 2-1. And pop, a goal was scored within 20 seconds of me watching the game.

Comment

au revoir la France
                                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                                X