No announcement yet.

I think I love Swiss too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing beats Chemins de fer fédéraux suisses-Schweizerische Bundesbahnen-Ferrovie federali svizzere for on time performance.

I used to set my watch to the clocks at La Gare du Lausanne when I lived there. That experience taught me a thing or two about punctuality.... coming from Malaysia

Comment

i might be too young to go sailing with you guys but i'd be happy to tag along (well ... if you are sure you can stand my presence after you met me in august hehe).

and yeah bear mummy, i think something beats the schweizerische bundesbahnen ... the shinkansen is pretty punctual: in 1999 it was late 24 seconds on average per train. that's simply ... unbelievable!
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
        the shinkansen is pretty punctual: in 1999 it was late 24 seconds on average per train. that's simply ... unbelievable!
        ... and no wonder when people feel so strongly about being on time!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...nt/2045375.stm

One station manager famously committed suicide last year because his trains were late.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          In my personal hands down experience, Swiss performance is the best!
          Not surprising as the Swiss are world-famous for being on time... to the point of obsessiveness. Just look at how many watch brands come from 'Geneve'..

Comment

Being around? Just watching? Or are you a participant?
            Well if you ever come to San Francisco, we can all go to certain events (based on when though...) and I will try to join the gathering. The next one would be when you are in Vienna. But yes, there is a club (I heard.. but I have never been there.. Wish taipeiflyer would be there ) that might interest you and phaleesy.
            sq lpp... i totally thought this thread was about swiss air... until i took a peek. knowing you, i should have realized. i am flattered... and if the club you are talking about is power exchange... then yes, i have been there!!!! one of the most interesting nights of my life... i will be glad to share the details with you next time i see you, since the details were rather explicit and this board is pg-13... and that night was definitely xxx! i will reveal however, that night i learned you can't spell orgasm without the S&M. jhm and phaleesy, you would fit right in there!!!! since florainwagner is headling the whipped cream waltz in vienna do, taipeiflyer and sq lpp are gonna orchestrate the ky jelly freedom festival san francisco power exchange do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
              sq lpp... i totally thought this thread was about swiss air... until i took a peek. knowing you, i should have realized. i am flattered... and if the club you are talking about is power exchange... then yes, i have been there!!!! one of the most interesting nights of my life... i will be glad to share the details with you next time i see you, since the details were rather explicit and this board is pg-13... and that night was definitely xxx! i will reveal however, that night i learned you can't spell orgasm without the S&M. jhm and phaleesy, you would fit right in there!!!! since florainwagner is headling the whipped cream waltz in vienna do, taipeiflyer and sq lpp are gonna orchestrate the ky jelly freedom festival san francisco power exchange do!!!
              brilliant post. totally made my day.
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

ky jelly freedom festival san francisco power exchange do!!!
                It's a bit of a mouthful!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  It's a bit of a mouthful!
                  In more ways than one.

Comment

sq lpp... i totally thought this thread was about swiss air... until i took a peek. knowing you, i should have realized.
                    Hmm do I have a "bad" reputation around here?

i am flattered... and if the club you are talking about is power exchange... then yes, i have been there!!!! one of the most interesting nights of my life... i will be glad to share the details with you next time i see you, since the details were rather explicit and this board is pg-13... and that night was definitely xxx! i will reveal however, that night i learned you can't spell orgasm without the S&M.
                    Well, I did not want to post the name of places because I know some of us here are too sensitive to this xxx or to dot dot dot... Family ... and family ...
                    But, I am really surprised that you went there. You must have been the star of the night! How many times did you (censored)?
                    I remembered I went there and saw several European tourists...

jhm and phaleesy, you would fit right in there!!!! since florainwagner is headling the whipped cream waltz in vienna do, taipeiflyer and sq lpp are gonna orchestrate the ky jelly freedom festival san francisco power exchange do!!!
                    I can imagine jhm being there, but I can't imagine phaleesy would even want to walk to the area... Well, I am still naive, pure, virgin, and innocent.

Comment

I Had Trouble Driving Straight On The Road When taipeiflyer Told Me About This Thread

Swiss is not oneworld. I guess it will take longer to fulfill your softspot there.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      LA sounds a bit too flash for people like me.
                      LA is always where it's happening. Come on over!

...that night was definitely xxx...taipeiflyer and sq lpp are gonna orchestrate the ky jelly freedom festival san francisco power exchange do!!!
                      OK, this thread DEFINITELY has the birthday one beat! You guys are REALLY scaring HUGE AL!

I'm going straight to the bar.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

LA sounds a bit too flash for people like me. I think I prefer SFO which I've never been to. Next May or June sounds ideal - will keep it in mind and, in the meantime, keep practising my knots.
                        hey jhm... i grew up in san francisco as a child, and went to college at uc berkeley. growing up there, you didn't realize just how beautiful it was until you moved elsewhere, and then it really makes you appreciate the peace, tranquility and natural beauty of the bay area. grabbing coffee in sausalito, surfing at stinson beach, catching a sunset at the marin headlands, or taking the tiburon ferry into the city for some amazing food. i feel so lucky to have grown up near all of that. like you, i thought LA was a little too flashy for me, but when i moved down there for law school, i was very wrong. LA is a great place... it does have its flash, but for the most part, it's a pretty chill place. the best asian food outside of asia... i go out to alhambra and arcadia all the time to get my taiwanese fix when i'm out here. within a mile of my home is the absolute best korean restaurant you will find in the US, a really good singaporean restaurant, an italian restaurant that always has beautiful beach bunnies, an absolutely delicious mexican restaurant, the 2 best burger joints you will find ANYWHERE, and a chinese restaurant that i want to go to 3-4 times a week, but find myself only going about once a month because they never let me pay there. the mom who owns the place is from taiwan and treats me like a son, can't believing that a white guy would end up in taiwan and love it out there. so you can meet tons of really, really nice people... it's definitely worth a visit! hope to see you out here sometime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          LA is always where it's happening. Come on over!
                          We actually agree on something...
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

SQFAN, you're very chatty this evening! The whole bottle gone yet ?

Comment

SQFAN, you're very chatty this evening! The whole bottle gone yet ?
                              well ...80% gone but they removed the bottle as it was after the canape time. So I have to resort to some beers or coca-cola.

Comment

taipeiflyer, thanks for the post! I see you love SFO as much as KeithMEL seems to.

phaleesy and I are passing through LAX next March but alas, only a few hours transit. Tell you what - you organise your KYJFFSFOPE Do, give a few months' notice and come hell or high water, I'll come for the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X