Manbags and luggage tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manbags and luggage tags

Rather than continue the luggage thread, I think it's best to start a new one...

With the impending relaxation of the annoying LHR 1-bag rule, I'm thinking of getting a small manbag to complement my rollaboard - something small to hold the items required whilst passing through an airport (passport, airtix, BP, lounge invite, lounge access cards etc) and when on a longhaul flight (iPod, earphones, tissues, glasses case, pyjamas, slippers etc). Any recommendations ?

Separately, my new Rimowa Salsa suitcase has no in-built luggage tag holder so I have to attach a tag to a handle. The Rimowa comes with a discreet (fake ?) leather tag but I'm not sure about its durability when used on checked-in luggage. Again, does anyone have any recommendations ?

I was reading the January issue of BA's in-flight magazine (Highlife) yesterday and they had a page featuring some luggage tags including one with a metal chain which will presumably stand up to punishment (if not theft by luggage handlers).

What's a manbag?

Comment

A man's handbag!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manbag

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        What if you're a Lau, Kwok or Lee?

Comment

I have a soft spot for the crossbody bags by Ferragamo. Apart from looking absolutely fantastic they're both functional and versatile - great for my textbooks and lecture pads, and also as a travel accessory. They also usually have plenty of spacious external compartments which are handy when you're traveling - perfect for sunnies, passports, cameras etc.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Manbag, huh? Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode on that?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              What if you're a Lau, Kwok or Lee?
              somebody paged?

There was an episode from Friend's...was that Joey with his 'Man'bag.

Comment

Does Tumi make any?

Comment

Does jjpb3 not have a stylish Prada bag? Thought I saw it in one of the ZRH photos.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Does Tumi make any?
                  Yes but I think they are rather small (for my purpose).

I prefer a lesbian toolbox (rucksack). More space to put my barang barang.

Comment

jjpb3's Prada is too small for jhm's stuff. As mentioned in the first post, the bag should be able to hold PJs amenity kits etc.
                    Definitely there are so many nice man's bag out there. It depends on the person preference.

Comment

Ferragamo and Prada are not shops I usually frequent!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                        somebody paged?

There was an episode from Friend's...was that Joey with his 'Man'bag.
                        Yeah saw that one. It looked good on him

Ferra what?

Comment

You can have preview of many brands at Selfridges. I have seen many nice ones with lots of price range. Or else, when you do your run somewhere, you go shopping then... Casual or formal? Stylish or conservative? Just a briefcase type or including as computer bag?
                          A while back when in Frankfurt, I saw Rimowa in one of the department store. Again, personal preference plays the role.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Or else, when you do your run somewhere, you go shopping then...
                            Thanks for the ideas! A trip to Selfridges combined with some dimsum (particularly given SQfg's photos) may be in order one weekend.

Any idea whether it's best value to buy something like this in London (presumably not), Paris, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo ? I have visits planned to each of these cities again this year. Or elsewhere ?

Comment

in LA, it's been shortened to "murse" i.e., "man purse" i am the proud owner of a couple of them, and find them to be very functional. i like both of these:
                              http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0731cat8670736
                              http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0731cat8670736
                              the second one i bought for my brother-in-law to put diapers, bottles, etc in for my two young nieces, and he says it's wonderful- masculine and functional.

Comment

Working...
                              X