Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel to recommend in Munich

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Munich?

Stopping over for 2 nights with family so location near sights and restaurants, etc. would be important factors ... probably looking for a 4-star hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Have had reasonable rates at the 4 Points Olympiapark previously, quite near the S-bahn and easy to roam around, did BMW Welt etc..

Comment

Hilton, easy access to airport amd main train station. Hotel is above the sbahn. The rates were very reasonable (early January).

Comment

Originally posted by Sqakl View Post
        Hilton, easy access to airport amd main train station. Hotel is above the sbahn. The rates were very reasonable (early January).
        There are actually two Hiltons in Munich. The one that's conveniently located with public transport access is Hilton Munich City. The other is Munich Park next to the English Garden. The latter is a bit of a distance to the underground metro though taxis and a couple of buses are available.

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestions Kyo, Sqakl, CarbonMan ... will check out those hotels.

Was also recommended Cortiina by a friend today which looks good too. Cheers.

Comment

I have stayed at both the Hilton Munich City, which is handy for the UBahn as stated about, and also Le Meridien which is across the road from the main Hauptbahnhof and near the old town. Both were fine but I am Hilton Diamond and Starwood Plat so got upgraded at both.

Comment

Hi,

Are you a shopping person?

For me, I really like the English Garden so I stayed in Das Nikolai Hotel (Nikolai Str. 9, 80802 Munich, Bavaria)

this is near the Giselastrasse U-Bahn
              drink Coke...save water

Comment

Originally posted by Sqakl View Post
                Stayed there last MUC trip hotel was good location was good , walking distance to Karlsplatz, and walking distance up to PAULANER ! nice...

Comment

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to write the recommendations.

Yes, shopping is on the agenda since I have my wife and 3 teenagers in tow. I'm happy to be near Pauliners and the likes of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    There are actually two Hiltons in Munich. The one that's conveniently located with public transport access is Hilton Munich City. The other is Munich Park next to the English Garden. The latter is a bit of a distance to the underground metro though taxis and a couple of buses are available.
                    I stayed at the Hilton Munich Park last year (More on that here) and found it very good, although it is not as central as the Hilton in the city. I did like the Munich Park location, though, as the English Garden is great for walks/runs, and has a biergarten in it as well. In absolute terms, it is not that far from the city centre: either a very short taxi ride, or a pleasant 30 minute walk through the park.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      I stayed at the Hilton Munich Park last year (More on that here) and found it very good, although it is not as central as the Hilton in the city. I did like the Munich Park location, though, as the English Garden is great for walks/runs, and has a biergarten in it as well. In absolute terms, it is not that far from the city centre: either a very short taxi ride, or a pleasant 30 minute walk through the park.
                      I agree, yflyer. I stayed there too just last Sep. Nice little beer garden in the middle of the English Garden, complete with oomp-pah-pah band on Sundays. I walked from there to the Ratskeller on the weekend, and took a taxi on weekdays. Very pleasant surroundings with a stream running through. There's even surfers on a part of it towards the city. Big minus of course is no metro - nearest one is on the other side of the English Garden - 20-25mins walk if you know the shortcut. I walked it at about 11pm - very dark, thank goodness for my iPhone light!

Comment

Working...
                      X