Degradation of Hilton Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
    I've only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, which was perfectly fine. Can't comment on dinner. Definitely drive into town. The boat has a limited schedule. Parking is readily available in town; if not on the street, there's a central underground car park.
    Many thanks, Wan1dap! Am looking forward to having a break there. It's one place in the world where my hypertension doesn't need medication.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Many thanks, Wan1dap! Am looking forward to having a break there. It's one place in the world where my hypertension doesn't need medication.
      I take it you don't/won't bungy then? neither will I.

Comment

I've only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, which was perfectly fine. Can't comment on dinner. Definitely drive into town. The boat has a limited schedule. Parking is readily available in town; if not on the street, there's a central underground car park.
        The Countdown/Woolies supermarket has free parking as well

Comment

I take it you don't/won't bungy then? neither will I.
          Very observant, Wan1dap. I only photograph people who do it - for this trip it will be my son, who has been insisting that he wants to try it, with the GoPro I just bought him attached to him. For me, I just want to video my wife's expression when he jumps.

Originally posted by Kyo
          The Countdown/Woolies supermarket has free parking as well
          Thanks, Kyo. Any other pointers, would be appreciated. I have 4 nights there.

This is my third visit but the last time I was there was about 10 years ago, when Queenstown was much less developed. Food was rather basic. Hoping it won't be too cold for sunrise/sunset photography, the plus side is I don't have to wake up too early or stay up late for it.

Sorry for OT'ing this thread.

Comment

Botswana Butchery was very nice, and I went to some Indian place that had the best lamb curry "Handi Lamb" on their menu, which I remember the taste of, til this day. Must've been 4-5 years ago.

We stayed at The Rees, and despite its non-affiliation with any hotel chain, was superb. Would definitely stay there again. Their Pohutukawa bathroom amenities are stocked by yours truly now in his bathroom in Singapore, specially ordered and airflown from AKL by various friends, when the opportunity arises, as a result of that stay.

Their conditioner is ridiculously good. Sorry for further derailing the thread. I get emotional about shampoo, conditioner and shower gels on occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Their conditioner is ridiculously good. Sorry for further derailing the thread. I get emotional about shampoo, conditioner and shower gels on occasion
              And toothpaste

Comment

Hilton @ Tucson

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2/DSCF0800.JPG

Hilton @ Phoenix

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2/DSCF8022.JPG
                Last edited by cscs1956; 21 July 2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                  And toothpaste
                  Okay, don't hold back now!!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                    Hilton Sydney: Great location. Nice lounge. Small rooms but nice modern decor. Junior suites are comfortable.
                    Don't like that place. Many other better options in Sydney. The room we had felt like a dentist surgery and the lobby is always heaving (and not in a fun, buzzy way like the QT either). The rates are also usually similar to vastly superior options like the Westin or Four Seasons.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      Don't like that place. Many other better options in Sydney. The room we had felt like a dentist surgery and the lobby is always heaving (and not in a fun, buzzy way like the QT either). The rates are also usually similar to vastly superior options like the Westin or Four Seasons.
                      I quite like the restaurant in the Hilton (The Glass Brasserie), and the recently renovated Exec Lounge as well. I guess the modern decor in the smallish regular rooms is "love it or hate it"...

The Westin is not among the choices I can choose from, but the Four Seasons is...I will try the Four Seasons next time!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        I quite like the restaurant in the Hilton (The Glass Brasserie), and the recently renovated Exec Lounge as well. I guess the modern decor in the smallish regular rooms is "love it or hate it"...
                        I love everything ultra modern, however the Hilton Sydney just seemed to miss a trick or two.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Has anyone stayed at the Waldorf Hilton in London? Is it outdated or ok? I read a few reviews on TripAdvisor and the word that stood out the most was "dusty"....

I usually stay at the one by Tower Bridge but due to the rates being a bit high for the dates I am travelling, I need to look for alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                          X