Favorite airplane from the SIA fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite airplane from the SIA fleet

Hello, just wanted to know what your personal favorite airplane from the SIA fleet is? Vote on the poll!
    A330-300
    2.00%
    A350-900XWB
    19.00%
    A380-800
    30.00%
    777-200/777-200ER
    5.00%
    777-300/777-300ER
    44.00%
    Last edited by SQavgeek; 10 September 2016, 09:01 PM.
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

My vote is for the 777-300ER. Don't mind old or new product. Love the seats in Y, the IFE, the coat hook and glasses compartment behind the cup holder, the bi-fold tray. It was the plane for my first flight into Europe in 2007, soon after it was introduced onto the CDG route and will always be special to me.

Comment

At one point it was the 747-400, which I have always flown SQ2/1 up to 2008. It became a shocker when I first found out I'd be in a 77W. Having made 3 77W (x2 if you count return) trips on SQ, I eventually learned that the 77W though noisy is a remarkable piece of machinery. This only came when I ended up flying SQ1 and came back on SQ16 because the 2006 cabin product operated routes served by 77W.

My last trip in June, while I always enjoy SQ's hospitality and service and their product (old), I knew the plane started to look a little tired and worn out especially the entertainment system. I can't wait to fly the 77WN this December/January on SQ1/2. These days with the advent of newer technology, such as touchscreen tablets, smartphones, laptops, and even my navigation system in my newest car (even the system has a radio, aux iPhone, Bluetooth mode with touchscreen) and even IFE screen and remote being touchscreen, I learned that it is time to get rid of the old and bring in the new. I learned to accept that as a CS major too even making some apps. Even it is a good example for Human Computer Interaction too.

Therefore, my favorite aircraft is the Boeing 777-300ER because of its 9 abreast comfort and the fact they are refitting a lot of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        My vote is for the 777-300ER. Don't mind old or new product. Love the seats in Y, the IFE, the coat hook and glasses compartment behind the cup holder, the bi-fold tray. It was the plane for my first flight into Europe in 2007, soon after it was introduced onto the CDG route and will always be special to me.
        Nice! I really like that you included the entire story!

My personal favorite is the 777-200ER, I have flown it to Singapore from Copenhagen every year in my life (well, I'm anyway only 14), and that's why it is my favorite. Actually, I really enjoy the old product!

Comment

Definitely the A350-900. It's the smoothest, quietest, and most comfortable. I recently did SIN-AMS in them and it's such a vast improvement over the 777s. I find the 777-200ERs old and past their use by date and the 777-300ERs are too noisy. The A330s are pretty pleasant regional planes with their comfortable Y layout and the A380 is a joy to fly in J, but not Y as boarding and disembarking takes forever.

Comment

A345.
            1st time I flew it, I got a certificate signed by the Captain that I was on the world's longest flight

Comment

My vote is A380. Smoothest ride, impressive aircraft. And the only one with Suites

Comment

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                My personal favorite is the 777-200ER ... I really enjoy the old product!
                It did have a very comfortable Y product back when it was in its original purple form. I did experience it a few times to/from AMS or CPH. In my opinion, the "refurb" totally ruined it and now it feels horrible to sit in.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  It did have a very comfortable Y product back when it was in its original purple form. I did experience it a few times to/from AMS or CPH. In my opinion, the "refurb" totally ruined it and now it feels horrible to sit in.
                  I am sure the new 2013 Y seats are absolutely amazing, but I have never tried them. The newest seats I have tried are the 2006 Y seats, but that was quite some time ago so I can't really remember how it felt haha.

Comment

My vote is on the A380

Comment

I added a poll, and don't forget that it is the current SIA fleet.

Comment

777-300ER for the widest and most spacious cross section for F/J cabin. Only grouse is the aircaft is the loudest too!

Comment

777-200ER for its small long haul J cabin.
                          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

777-300ER for me too

Comment

77WN - 9V-SWU-Z, 9V-SNA-C

Comment

Working...
                              X