Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kampung" Guy Goes To See New Culinary Horizon, And He Like Them A Lot.... d(^.^)b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Kampung" Guy Goes To See New Culinary Horizon, And He Like Them A Lot.... d(^.^)b

Prelude

Just came back for my long and early Christmas Holiday, and now in a good mood for sharing my wonderful trips and culinary experiences.

The trips I took were divided into two parts.

Part 1 is the fancy SUB-HKG-SUB with fancy food and resto...

Part 2 is more an adventure for seeking local culinary experiences, the SUB-HKG-KIX-TYO//HND-HKG-DPS-SUB

Warning:
    This report may contains a lot of food pictures (I mean really a lot...)
    And also is planned to be a very long report, dunno when it can be finished.. (but I'm quite sure, not as long as the infamous OSLO one...
    The readers' discretion is needed....
    Last edited by Dent@SUB; 5 January 2011, 12:07 AM.

Chapter One....

This "kampung" guy woke up very early that day around 4:30am, despite he just slept around 1am...
    "Yay! It's 15th Dec already...." said our "kampung" guy, "time to begin my long waiting holiday..."
    He quickly did the morning rituals, and met his driver around 5:30am to drive him to Juanda International Airport (SUB).

Just like any other regular "kampung" guys, our "kampung" guy also acted like them.
    He took pictures along way to airport...

And look what he got along his way to Juanda International Airport (SUB).....

An empty street on 6am...

A nice sunrise over the wet street along way to airport and the view of Juanda's terminal...

He was so happy that day.... he took picture this, took picture that until he reached the terminal building....

Comment

As he went inside the terminal building, there was already quite some pax that already made a queue in front of CX check in counters.....

But CI's counter has been empty. CI flight already departed at 6:05am that day...

He quickly went to the business class counter....
      No one in front of him, so he quickly got his J BP and luggage tag...
      He was so happy with that...

While he was in the check in area, he saw some of the GA's crews in their new "kebaya" uniform, ready to start their flight that day...

Waw! He almost forgot to do the the formality about the Fiskal (departure tax for Indonesian Citizens)....
      He grunted about this ridiculous bureaucratization, about the rule that he must pay 2.5mio rupiahs for departure tax unless he has Tax Registration Number.
      Luckily, this ridiculous rules has been terminated on January 1st, 2011.

After finished with the ridiculous formality, he went upstairs for the immigration process...

And this what he saw after the immigration check....

He got confused.... since when Jakarta is international destination from Surabaya?

Now our "kampung" guy was in the international airside terminal...

Our "kampung" guy then went to the only lounge there to wait his flight and having some breakfast too...
      Last edited by Dent@SUB; 5 January 2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Not many Kampung boys I know get to fly J.. This kampung boy must be very lucky!

Comment

Not many kampung boys get driven in a nice car to the airport.... they normally sit in the back of the lorry together with the goats and the chickens....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

We can say this our "kampung" guy is not the usual "kampung" guys type... He's an extra ordinary one...

Comment

Now our "kampung" guy already in the lounge. This time he didn't need to splash any of his cards to get access to the lounge, he had an invitation from CX.... Yay!!!

Just like any regular "kampung" guys, our "kampung" guy also acted like one.
              He was peeking around, shot here shot there, opened all the food container and took pictures of them...

And this what he got there...

Comment

Wait.... He saw something....
                "Hmmm.... what's that behind that section?" thought our "kampung" guy, "it looks like no different from here..."
                And then he took a look inside that corner.
                And yes, he found there was no different between those section and the outer one....

As usual, seeing a lot of food, our "kampung" guy couldn't resist himself to take some sample of them...
                He hasn't had breakfast after all...

And this what he took for his breakfast...

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 5 January 2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Not many Kampung boys I know get to fly J.. This kampung boy must be very lucky!
                  Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Not many kampung boys get driven in a nice car to the airport.... they normally sit in the back of the lorry together with the goats and the chickens....
                  Not many kampung with a population of 5.6 million people either

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    Not many kampung with a population of 5.6 million people either

As we know, this "kampung" guy is not an ordinary "kampung" guy...
                    And as an extra ordinary "kampung" guy, off course he's coming from an unusual "kampung" also, an extra classification of kampung....

But believe me... he still has his "kampung" attitude...

Comment

Nice TR so far!

One question, the fiskal that has been scrapped from this month, does that apply to foreign employees in Indonesia as well?
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                        Nice TR so far!

One question, the fiskal that has been scrapped from this month, does that apply to foreign employees in Indonesia as well?
                        Yup... now all are fiskal free....
                        Indonesian, foreign employees, temporary residents, etc are fiskal free now...

Comment

Nice TR so far...

Made me missed surabaya, although its only the airport hehehe

Comment

on the TR so far.
                            A very special kampung boy indeed, to travel in such style.

Comment

blast-off, StarG.... thanks for the comment....

So... shall we continue with the story of "kampung" guy goes to big city?
                              Ok, let the story continue....

As a kampung guy, our "kampung" guy also has no different....
                              He couldn't stand to stay too long in a small place, he needed a big space with a big view...

So, after finished his breakfast, our "kampung" guy went to the holding room, wich's has a bigger space and a non-obstruct view of the tarmac....

As I said before... once a kampung guy always be a kampung guy.... and it's no different with our beloved "kampung" guy...

He turned his head 360 degrees, spotting here spotting there, pointing his camera here and there.... took pictures of every places he saw...

And these what he got...

His ride to HKG...

"Hmmm..... what a surprise to have this A34B on this route on this peak season" he tought, "usually CX sent B773 or B772 as a replacement for A330 on this route.... I must be very lucky to have this Olympus equipped bird today.... Yay!!"

Hey... someone still cleaned the cockpit....

Hmmm.... Miss Cathy still "drinking"....

"Why's my bird using fuel truck?" thought our "kampung" guy, "isn't Juanda already has underground fuel tank? Hmmmm.... Is that any relation with the incident of the A330's engines down recently???"

Mount Arjuna in the background... beautiful...

The waiting room and its residents...

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 6 January 2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X