Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qantas A330 to MEL - Yarra Run, Tapas with Friends, and Steak at Rockpool Bar & Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
    Oh ya, the current SQ Y earphone is now a earphone with a 1-pin jack (you can use it for your own personal devices), with a separate airline 2-pin jack adapter pack inside the bag.
    That is great news! Thanks for sharing that info, orionmiz!

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      On a side note, I heard the Pho in Sprngvale, Melbourne is really good. Can anyone attest to that?
      Richmond is much easier to get to from the city and is amazing for Vietnamese!

Some of our more umm... less refugee-friendly politicians in Australia... should reflect on the fact that our previous refugee intakes gave us their amazing food cultures and culinary skills which is why we can now get a decent coffee or salad. I grew up with instant coffee, tinned salad and plain boiled beef and it was awful!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I grew up with instant coffee, tinned salad and plain boiled beef and it was awful!
        Yes, the time before the early eighties were horrendous as far as Australian culinary culture was concerned. Ate meat pies (more accurately brown gravy pies) in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Yes, the time before the early eighties were horrendous as far as Australian culinary culture was concerned. Ate meat pies (more accurately brown gravy pies) in high school.
          Singapore primary and secondary schools used to have very good food in their canteens (I prefer the old term tuckshops). Lots of very happy hours spent eating the food in school here, and often alumni even look forward to going back to their old school canteen to eat again, and say hi to the stallholders.

Of course the recent moves to make food healthier in school canteens here is probably making everything taste more bland now.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I remember the day that we gave a Vietnamese family who'd recently arrived by boat their first meat pies to eat. It was one of those moments of excitement for primary school students, even though it was rather silly.

Having now experienced what Vietnamese cuisine can do with beef, it was hardly a proud moment for us to be offering such an item to them...

Comment

Working...
            X