BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Elaborate please? Is it that bad? I had done LX Y, BA Y, LH Y intra-European...
    SK discount Y LHR-CPH (from what I've seen) might be chockful (while flex Y and C have space), and you will have to buy refreshments (unlike LX, LX or BA Y). Worse, you might get an MD-80 (or whatever the proper model number is) to fly in. NOT pleasant on a packed flight.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I quite like those old MD80 series, although granted it's been a while since I've been packed in the back on one. They're great up front as you suddenly start moving without hearing any increase in engine noise.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I quite like those old MD80 series, although granted it's been a while since I've been packed in the back on one. They're great up front as you suddenly start moving without hearing any increase in engine noise.
        Your seat has actually been behind the wing???
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          you actually sat behind the wings?!... oh dang... just lost 25 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Cheapest might be a non-flexible SK fare. You would regret that decision if you did fly on it.
            Just had a look at the cheapest I could find was LHR-ARN for £68

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              Just had a look at the cheapest I could find was LHR-ARN for £68
              I thought SK was having a sale on for £39 or something?

Comment

Could you keep me posted Lobster? Sounds like a good plan!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  I thought SK was having a sale on for £39 or something?
                  The cheapest flight is £15 each way plus taxes. The website does advertise return flights from £39 but none of these fairs were offered for the flights I was looking at.

Comment

Isn't it ARN, CPH or those Scandinavian cities are good places to start round-the-world or other premium class itineraries, as well as lower miles and cash+miles on BD awards?

Comment

Isn't it ARN, CPH or those Scandinavian cities are good places to start round-the-world or other premium class itineraries, as well as lower miles and cash+miles on BD awards?
                      Yes - for OW at the moment as I understand. I started my RWSTAR from ARN in 2006 but I don't know whether that's still one of the cheapest.

Yes - zone 2 in BD so, e.g., 25,000 BD miles plus £170 plus taxes for oneway in F to zone 8 (Hong Kong, China, Japan etc).

Comment

Sounds good...trying to build my pot of BD miles

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          SK discount Y LHR-CPH (from what I've seen) might be chockful (while flex Y and C have space), and you will have to buy refreshments (unlike LX, LX or BA Y). Worse, you might get an MD-80 (or whatever the proper model number is) to fly in. NOT pleasant on a packed flight.
                          That sounds familiar so I checked my BA97 - I did fly LHR-ARN in SK cheap Y on a (packed) MD80 to start my RWSTAR. I think I bought a sandwich from Pret to take on board the flight!

Comment

Isn't it ARN, CPH or those Scandinavian cities .....snip.....as well as lower miles and cash+miles on BD awards?
                            Yep, that's how i know about the 39 GBP fare

Comment

Scenario 1 (I have the tourist visa to the UK):
                              I should be in London Mar 17. We can have the usual drinks and dinner and drinks festivities (but this time dinner should be in a medium range price wise, since London is getting too expensive). (I know the must see jjpb3 will have to wait till near to the d-day because of his super busy schedule at work. And I am sure jhm and phaleesy can spare their precious time prior to easter weekend for joining us. And LukeGT, you should be the Italian rep for this A380 inaugural ... ) There will be a special guest. (Unless this person comes out soon. )
                              The evening of 17 March should be fine - will make a note in my diary.

How about Masala Zone (various branches) for about £10-20 each ? The thalis are good - a complete meal in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                                ... a sandwich from Pret ...
                                Been so long not hear this word "Pret A Manger" (spelling?) I remember guttorm mentioned he loves the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X