BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kchika View Post
    I'm booked on CX two days later. Maybe I should do the inaugural!

Better get my BD *G comped now.
    Perhaps it's time to move your CX flight to take SQ319 inaugural flight instead?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Excellent report,...will have to digest it properly when at work tomorrow
      When at work? Hmm must be not busy at work.. so why not coming to London to witness the festivities of A380 at LHR..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        When at work? Hmm must be not busy at work..
        *Always* busy at work,...it's just that SQTalk (or rather TOF on this particular occasion) is more interesting than a lot of the things I have to do right now

Originally posted by SQ LPP
        ...so why not coming to London to witness the festivities of A380 at LHR..
        Finances unfortunately,...especially because mrs nickbot would be too jealous to let me go on my own, so I'd have to buy 2 x Y tix and then couldn't afford to go on holiday later in the year Might be able to come down to London to help with pre-celebrations if you're staying over?

Comment

Finances unfortunately,...especially because mrs nickbot would be too jealous to let me go on my own, so I'd have to buy 2 x Y tix and then couldn't afford to go on holiday later in the year Might be able to come down to London to help with pre-celebrations if you're staying over?
          Oh sorry I was not clear...
          I knew you had said in the other thread that you won't be able to make the flight. In my post here, what I meant was, since you are not busy in the office (i.e. reading trip report), why not take the train down to London, and perhaps can be at LHR to check out all the excitement at LHR prior to the A380 landed at LHR as well as afterwards at the landside...

Comment

A definite possibility,...PM me your plans at some point

Comment

That's a spirit..
              Hmm roast duck with rice at Bayswater sounds so appealing and I can order my BTC in Y then...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                That's a spirit..
                Hmm roast duck with rice at Bayswater sounds so appealing and I can order my BTC in Y then...
                Mmm, I missed that particular dish (but was handsomely compensated by sitting in F at the time, drinking far too much krug ), so would be keen to sample it in London. Let me know as soon as possible so I can look into it and book cheap train tix/hotel

Comment

I might be up for a pre inaugural Lon DO, I am planning to be back in the UK sometime around then.

Comment

Mmm, I missed that particular dish (but was handsomely compensated by sitting in F at the time, drinking far too much krug ), so would be keen to sample it in London. Let me know as soon as possible so I can look into it and book cheap train tix/hotel
                    Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    I might be up for a pre inaugural Lon DO, I am planning to be back in the UK sometime around then.
                    Okay, I can give you the idea now. I am trying to get the UK visa between now and March (unless I am traveling too often again)

Scenario 1 (I have the tourist visa to the UK):
                    I should be in London Mar 17. We can have the usual drinks and dinner and drinks festivities (but this time dinner should be in a medium range price wise, since London is getting too expensive). (I know the must see jjpb3 will have to wait till near to the d-day because of his super busy schedule at work. And I am sure jhm and phaleesy can spare their precious time prior to easter weekend for joining us. And LukeGT, you should be the Italian rep for this A380 inaugural ... ) There will be a special guest. (Unless this person comes out soon. )
                    Tuesday, we can have brunch/lunch at Bayswater then we can all go to LHR T3... Hope anyone based in the UK can invite us to be in the inner circle SQ UK party line. Actually, I would love to be somewhere that we can all see SQ308 landed on the runway...

Scenario 2 (No visa, thus based on the mercy of the officer):
                    If denied entry, I will go to Zurich Mar 17, and take the first flight back to LHR Tuesday Mar 18 which allow me to join the lunch and the party afterwards prior to SQ319 departure time.
                    In this scenario, I am begging you all to keep the Monday March 17 drinks, dinner, drinks with the special guest.

Hope this will clarify the plan event. Any suggestions? Hmm I'd better book my hotel first, just in case for an over night stay.

Comment

Sounds good to me - can't at this stage confirm 100% whether I'll be able to be there on the 17th, but don't see too many problems. Suggest perhaps HI Bloomsbury as it seems to be the informal SQTalk London residence and is close to the must-see jjpb3 I concur regarding meal price range, as my budget is a little tight at present!

Originally posted by SQ LPP
                      Hope anyone based in the UK can invite us to be in the inner circle SQ UK party line.
                      Hope there'll still be some party atmosphere for non flying members present

Intrigued re. the special guest,...does this have anything to do with your special news that was hinted at late last year?

Comment

Sounds good to me - can't at this stage confirm 100% whether I'll be able to be there on the 17th, but don't see too many problems. Suggest perhaps HI Bloomsbury as it seems to be the informal SQTalk London residence and is close to the must-see jjpb3 I concur regarding meal price range, as my budget is a little tight at present!
                        Will check the rate later... but I do need SPG stays.

Hope there'll still be some party atmosphere for non flying members present
                        I am sure there is. For example: watching us checking-in...

Intrigued re. the special guest,...does this have anything to do with your special news that was hinted at late last year?
                        Ah.. no not that one...

Comment

Cheap and cheerful sounds good to me.

Lets keep our fingures crossed that you get your visa. If not then I might be tempted to see if what the cheapest flight out of T3 is so I can try to gatecrash the party.

Comment

Cheap and cheerful sounds good to me.

Lets keep our fingures crossed that you get your visa. If not then I might be tempted to see if what the cheapest flight out of T3 is so I can try to gatecrash the party.
                            Don't forget to jot down Monday 17 Mar for the special guest.. he he he
                            And yeah SK to CPH departs from T3...

Comment

Cheapest might be a non-flexible SK fare. You would regret that decision if you did fly on it.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                Cheapest might be a non-flexible SK fare. You would regret that decision if you did fly on it.
                                Elaborate please? Is it that bad? I had done LX Y, BA Y, LH Y intra-European...

Comment

Working...
                                X