Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SQTalkers in London and Zurich this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The proper way to start the meals. Saying grace.

The group shot

Comment

A view of Zurich

Comment

Nice!

Too bad I was Kuching instead for the weekend..but it was bazaar galore!

Comment

Comment

Glad to see you all having a good time in ZRH.
            Nice pictures, CGK!

Comment

Riding the train to the airport

jjpb3 went AWOL. He took LX, not BA. And there is his urge for something valuable from Zurich airport after the passport control! Hope he was successful in finding the one.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Glad to see you all having a good time in ZRH.
                Nice pictures, CGK!
                Thank you! But others should post the photos they took as well here. Too many flashes in many occasions.

Comment

Looks like an awesome time. CGK, too bad we couldn't hang out in California. Next time.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    jjpb3 went AWOL. He took LX, not BA. And there is his urge for something valuable from Zurich airport after the passport control! Hope he was successful in finding the one.
                    Blame BA for their silly prices.

Unfortunately, I wasn't successful. Found the item I wanted, but it had the wrong buckle . I'll have to weigh the possibility of getting it in Singapore in November against my inherent impatience. I had just enough time to get a consoling G&T in the LX Lounge before heading off to my gate for boarding.

Thanks to the SQTalk kakis (SQFAN, I hope I didn't muck that term up?) for the awesome weekend. (We'll credit Mr I for being the catalyst for the impromptu gathering. I think he needs to be promoted to a new rank: arise, Sir I.)
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My pictures (part 1)

(Some of) My memories from this weekend :

Sir I and CGK headed to town:

Shhh, nickbot: don't disturb the food photographer when he's busy at work:

Contented post-meal smiles from jhm, Sir I, CGK, SQFAN and phaleesy:

From phaleesy's masterfully selected 20-minute tour of Zurich on a Sunday :

SQFAN, what are you focusing on?
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 25 September 2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

My pictures (part 2)

Unfortunately, the day had to come to an end.

Next stop: airport.

I think the expressions on the faces of phaleesy, CGK, SQFAN and jhm testify to the laughter and good memories.

Thanks, everyone, for the awesome weekend.
                        Last edited by jjpb3; 24 September 2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

jjpb3, you're naughty.

No, it's not 'Rob Lowe' but don't you think he looks like 'Patrick Gallo' of 'American Wedding', the guy in chaps?

I bet jhm is potent tonight after his zabaglione. Down boy.

Sir I says "the jiggle is not synchro."

Pictures ...coming
                          Last edited by SQFAN; 25 September 2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

You see, it started quite innocently during lunch. Somehow, it went down hill from there when Sir I had to perform the jiggle test on the two very delicious Panna Cotta. He he he. Imagine a bunch of us guys taking pictures with our compact digital camera when until someone whips out her DSLR and put us to shame.

Laden with calories, it was then time to burn some to maintain our svelte figure. Our mini expedition to the depths of the old town was led by no other than our phaleesy . Sexist remark coming : Imagine a bunch of blokes being led by a map reading woman. way cool ....

Zurich town was a tad busy. With such a hot day, everyone was out and about. Here's one of jjpb3 checking (actually making a quick escape) from the local lingerie shop after discovering there were no Blue Kebaya for sale. Nearby, I spied Sir I showing off his talent.

Soon, the expedition had to come to an end for us to catch the train back to ZRH. jhm, phaleesy and I loitered around the train station while waiting for the rest. Here's a typical meet-up angel overhanging on the station's ceiling.

After boarding the train to ZRH, there was an immediate rapid set of flashes which startled fellow passengers. Was it a flash bomb? ...
                            Last edited by SQFAN; 24 September 2007, 08:31 AM.

Comment

..actually, it was started by these two cool dudes. Before we knew it, it was photographic menage-a-trois fight. Flash flash flash

flash flash got you...

...and you..flash ...hah hah...

After calm prevailed, ...here's one of phaleesy & CGK.
                              Last edited by SQFAN; 24 September 2007, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Upon getting on the ZRH airport concourse, we found many security recording devices in place, as expected in light of current security environment. Here's how ZRH filmed pax coming up the escalators.

Soon it was time to travel on the COW TRAIN. Moooooo...Yodeldeeedoooo

as we bid bye for now to ZRH. We'll return....

To Sir I and SQTalkers: jhm , phaleesy, jjpb3 and CGK, I had a fab time. Thanks guys. Sir I - much appreciated your kind gesture for the two items.
                                Last edited by SQFAN; 24 September 2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X