Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Well, look who came to dinner (on short notice)?

I read the SMS the morning of his arrival. He was on his way to the SQT SIN 'Farewell to SKL F' Do (you can easily guess what happened to his luggage when it tried to keep up with him ), and fortunately, work didn't keep me away from my home city this week.

There definitely are benefits to living in an SQT hub-city. I get the pleasure of unexpected visits from good friends.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 30 August 2007, 08:02 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Nice to see you and CGK enjoying your dinner and drinks.

Which restaurant is this ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

upright man, it was a neighborhood Thai restaurant: simple decor, fantastic food.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Excellent,....a nice surprise indeed!

Comment

Nice.

I enjoyed having dinner with you too in June (on very short notice too !).
          jjpb3 - are you becoming the MUST SEE SQTalker in London ?
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
            ...jjpb3 - are you becoming the MUST SEE SQTalker in London ? ...
            I picked up the new edition of the Lonely Planet guide to London yesterday in Waterstones, and there he is, on page 22, next to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, just below the London Eye, jjpb3 is in the top ten tourist hotspots

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              I picked up the new edition of the Lonely Planet guide to London yesterday in Waterstones, and there he is, on page 22, next to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, just below the London Eye, jjpb3 is in the top ten tourist hotspots
              Lol ! I'll have to ask for his autograph next time !
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Yes, dinner with jjpb3 is a must thing to do in London.

Comment

mrs nickbot and I will be trying out this new tourist hotspot on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    ...There definitely are benefits to living in an SQT hub-city. I get the pleasure of unexpected visits from good friends.
                    It is so nice having friends around the world I can drop a note to and ask if they'll be available when I'm going to be in town! Sometimes those notes have a few weeks' notice, other times it may be a bit shorter notice. It's also nice being on the receiving end of those messages from friends (especially when my travel schedule has me home at the same time ). Or in July, when one of my friends (also on SQT) was going to be in NYC for a stopover and I was able to fly out to join them for lunch.
                    Last edited by cawhite; 30 August 2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Indeed, the friends are diamond forever.
                      After the strike of midnight, SKL started to get emptier. Last flight to JNB was announced. And while talking with jhm about many different subjects (yes, we were not sleeping due to the UK time zone ), a surprise call came at 2am. An unknown number got through and replied "Who is this?" Got a call back, and they said, "Am I still awake and bored? If yes, we will pick you up outside at Door 1 in 30 minutes!"
                      Here you go. I had my nasi lemak and teh tarik at 330am.

Terima kasih.

Comment

Gosh..... you folks don't sleep much do you?

Comment

After having a little sleep, around 730pm decided to go towards Conrad! Guess who were there by 10pm?

Comment

Guess who slept over after the pyjamas party? Dot dot dot I have never had so much fun like tonight in Singapore!

Last edited by CGK; 2 September 2007, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Did that happen after we left?...

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X