New Budget Terminal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inix View Post
    Me thinks good airports are comparative in nature. I would think BKK is a good Airport by many means, especially after going through the nonsense that is CDG
    It's certainly a good airport compared to the horror that is CDG (what isn't ?!), buy my comment about BKK was originally aimed at our friend who has again chirped in with a bizarre comment about Changi, for which he has previous and against which he has offered BKK as a well designed airport, or words to that effect.

Comment

i like to think that this is another move to provide convenience more so than necessity.

I have my doubts that the budget terminal is being rebuilt or refurbished. The budget terminal was never in the master plan for the airport to begin with.

perhaps some of the insiders will shed some light as to future developments.

Comment

I don't think Firefly and Berjaya Air would be too happy to bus their pax to/from the main terminals when they can just walk across the ramp to/from BT now.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Initially without the Budget Terminal, CAAS should then have extended T1 and perhaps have say 2 piers for budget n "niche" airlines; and it seems odd that when designing n buidling T3 which has actually fewer aerobridges for planes than T2.
          Yes, my feel is T3 in fact is a white elephant.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            That was the intention and at the moment apparently still is. However, SQ are not the only organisation based in Singapore that has been surprised and caught out by the rapid expansion of LCC's so a rethink is currently underway.

What has the number of terminals go to do with it ?. Would it be better if they just had one terminal with a capacity of 180 million ?. And what on earth has the size of Singapore got to do with how many terminals there are at Changi ?!.

This sounds like it may come as a bit of a shock to you, but Changi is not there just to fly Singaporeans around. It is what is know as a 'hub' for people to 'connect from one flight to another'.

Google it, it should help you understand how airports work. Although coming from someone who thinks Suvarnabhumi is a good airport I am not sure it will.
            You are right, 1 or 2 big terminal should be the best and easier to managed. Just look at the urgry taxi Q when visiter arrive at Singapore. Many visitors I pick in fact asked what has happen !

Fully understand it is a hub for many visitor. This make even more reason to consolidate these terminals into 1 or 2 to make transit much easier, and most important efficiency ! Something we really need to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              You are right, 1 or 2 big terminal should be the best and easier to managed. Just look at the urgry taxi Q when visiter arrive at Singapore. Many visitors I pick in fact asked what has happen !

Fully understand it is a hub for many visitor. This make even more reason to consolidate these terminals into 1 or 2 to make transit much easier, and most important efficiency ! Something we really need to look into.
              With all due respect you have no idea what you're talking about.

With regards to big terminals and efficiency - tip: Try transiting through DXB T3.

Comment

Your statement about having one or two "big terminal" based on the taxi queues?

Comment

Yes, my feel is T3 in fact is a white elephant.
                  Yay, here it is again.

You quite clearly never use T3 if you keep posting this nonsense.

So, Changi is wrong because there are taxi queue's.

As a matter of interest, where are these rules about how many terminals islands of certain size are allowed to have ?.

I hope one of these days your posts about Changi will actually make some form of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I hope one of these days your posts <deleted> will actually make some form of sense.
                    I hope you don't mind. I corrected it.

Comment

Many visitors I pick in fact asked what has happen !
                      Without wanting to be disrespectful, but did you mean to say that you pick people up from the airport taxi queue or is it just some variation of English / Singlish I'm unfamiliar with? I hope I got that wrong as driving in and out of an airport is somewhat of a difference to flying in and out of it, but it would explain your perspective and the quality of some of your commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        Without wanting to be disrespectful, but did you mean to say that you pick people up from the airport taxi queue or is it just some variation of English / Singlish I'm unfamiliar with? I hope I got that wrong as driving in and out of an airport is somewhat of a difference to flying in and out of it, but it would explain your perspective and the quality of some of your commentary.
                        I tried translating it but I just don't know what language it is

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          I tried translating it but I just don't know what language it is
                          I surprised that you guys bothered to click "view post" .

Comment

IMO, I doubt SIN needs a new terminal any time in the near term since it's operating no where near the maximum capacity of 66M (3 main Terminals). What it needs it a new satellite concourse specifically for narrow-bodied aircraft - something like HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                              IMO, I doubt SIN needs a new terminal any time in the near term since it's operating no where near the maximum capacity of 66M (3 main Terminals). What it needs it a new satellite concourse specifically for narrow-bodied aircraft - something like HKG.
                              And where specifically do you suggest they build this "satellite concourse"??

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                                And where specifically do you suggest they build this "satellite concourse"??
                                I will leave that to the airport planners to best optimise the available space. Probably reconfiguration of taxiways will be needed for a satellite concourse to be build. The other alternative is to split up existing sections wide-bodied gates into multiple narrow-bodied gates (4WB -> 6NB?). No doubt the turnaround times are short for AK but they still use wide-bodied gates at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X