Pilot fined for trespass at Changi Airport transit area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot fined for trespass at Changi Airport transit area

A pilot was fined $600 on Thursday for wilfully trespassing at Changi airport's transit area last July.

Kelvin Kwan Zhia Tat, 32, pleaded guilty to donning his Singapore Airlines pilot uniform and pretending to be on official duty at Terminal 2's transit area without satisfactory excuse.

A court heard that he arrived at Changi Airport on July 22 last year with a female friend who was departing for Bangkok. He was wearing his SIA uniform and crew pass when he was not on duty.

His intention was to send his friend off at the transit area. After getting in, he went to the nearby toilet and changed into civilian attire.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_710707.html

Classic case of thinking with his other head and trying to impress. Seems like a boy's syndrome

Comment

Now he got plenty of time to sit down and think what he wanna do with the rest of his life.

Comment

I doubt he would loose his job over this. He will be reprimanded and maybe put on a short leash and because of this blemish, his 4th stripe may take a little longer ... Assuming he qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          I doubt he would loose his job over this. He will be reprimanded and maybe put on a short leash and because of this blemish, his 4th stripe may take a little longer ... Assuming he qualifies.
          If airport police decides to revoke his airport pass, then he's grounded for good.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
            If airport police decides to revoke his airport pass, then he's grounded for good.
            SQ's flight crew are not required to have an airport pass(issued by state police) to enter the transit areas of SIN anymore. Their staff pass is sufficient to enter the transit area.

Having said that, SQ could still take action against him.

Comment

Heard SQ is very strict with their pilots. Any brush with the wrong side of the law and your wings are clipped for good.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

He is a trained pilot, if SQ don't want him, there will be other airlines willing to employ him...
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  He is a trained pilot, if SQ don't want him, there will be other airlines willing to employ him...
                  +1. With a global shortage of pilots, he should find work elsewhere quite easily if SQ don't want him

Comment

anyway silly of him to use his passport to get out of the transit area - as each time u leave sin the passport number is entered n recorded. He shd have just don his unform anwait n join till there's another group of crew coming out n walk out with them. He even maybe a non-local pilot (malaysian?).

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      anyway silly of him to use his passport to get out of the transit area - as each time u leave sin the passport number is entered n recorded. He shd have just don his unform anwait n join till there's another group of crew coming out n walk out with them. He even maybe a non-local pilot (malaysian?).
                      The thing is that for air crew, they've a form called the General Declaration that states their flight no, aircraft registration, all the crew assigned on board and so on and thus allows them to get their passport checked under the air crew counter. So he can't just go tag along with another operating crew. What I'll be worried about is whether he is still under his training bond as if he is, he's liable to pay the company a 5 figure compensation sum if he's fired. And even if there's a global shortage of pilots, most airlines would hesitate hiring a pilot with a police or criminal record as he might have problems entering some countries with it.
                      Last edited by boing; 9 September 2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Well he HAD TO know that they had his immigration records so I'm wondering how he thought he could get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Well he HAD TO know that they had his immigration records so I'm wondering how he thought he could get away with it.
                          Saw my post above. Thinking in an incomprehensible manner coupled with over-zealousness to impress landed our boy in ths soup.
                          Last edited by SINFJ; 9 September 2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Silly silly boy. Thing is I've got to trust him to take me from A to B safely in a
                            Metal tube hurtling along at 900 km/h , when the first sight of a bit of skirt and all good judgment and discretion go out the door ? No thanks.

Boys should not be at the wheel of these jets. Adult men and women with the requisite maturity should.

Comment

Actually, this is not the first and probably won't be the last.

Comment

Working...
                              X