buying iphone at changi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying iphone at changi ?

is it possible to buy new iphones at duty free shops in the airport ?

Do you refer to iPhone 4S?
    I think this is almost impossible due to this model is still hot selling in Singapore.
    The possibility is get it from local telco shop.

Comment

give them a call to check for stock and maybe if they have to reserve for you...

istudio@Changi Airport T3

65 Airport Boulevard, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3, Departure / Transit Lounge North #02-54, Singapor
      +65 6241 9220
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Those guys are so arrogant they won't reserve anything for anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Those guys are so arrogant they won't reserve anything for anyone...
          I find them quite friendly actually....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            I find them quite friendly actually....
            You should try asking them to reserve anything the first 3 months there's a new iPhone... or iPad...

I saw the tone/attitude they were giving people right in front of me as I happened to be in the shop three minutes after they got their first shipments of iPad 2s (Friday night before the official sell-date on Saturday)

I believe the words were: "Why should we reserve for you when you can see we already have a line going out the door when the stock just arrived a few minutes ago?" (with attitude)

(not to mention they were selling the iPhone at a grossly inflated $1k+ price when the Apple shop was selling them for $899 online - GST discount? No way, jose...)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              (not to mention they were selling the iPhone at a grossly inflated $1k+ price when the Apple shop was selling them for $899 online - GST discount? No way, jose...)

I wouldn't buy anything at airports for this same reason - HK is the same. Prices are generally cheaper outside, on the streets.

I know a guy from Europe bought a high end camera in HK and said 'Wow, so cheap' but he made a mistake in telling/bragging to us about it when we then told him he could have save Euro200 just by calling us first and taking him to a retailer in town....... a normal, any retailer.

There is a belief that airports are cheaper, but generally I find only the common 'duty-free' type items to be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                I wouldn't buy anything at airports for this same reason - HK is the same. Prices are generally cheaper outside, on the streets.

I know a guy from Europe bought a high end camera in HK and said 'Wow, so cheap' but he made a mistake in telling/bragging to us about it when we then told him he could have save Euro200 just by calling us first and taking him to a retailer in town....... a normal, any retailer.

There is a belief that airports are cheaper, but generally I find only the common 'duty-free' type items to be worthwhile.
                I bought a pair of Dr.Dre Solo HD at Harrods at 169 pounds..... when at Heathrow, I saw the same headsets at 140 pounds in Dickson and HMV, with a sign saying prices are at least 30 pounds cheaper then high street..... well, looks like its cheaper inside that airport...

Comment

I bought a pair of Dr.Dre Solo HD at Harrods at 169 pounds..... when at Heathrow, I saw the same headsets at 140 pounds in Dickson and HMV, with a sign saying prices are at least 30 pounds cheaper then high street..... well, looks like its cheaper inside that airport...
                  Harrods is the last place in London to look for a price discount. ... except maybe on Boxing Day. But I do agree that LHR is relatively cheaper than most outside shops. I've made some comparisons on electronics and pharmaceuticals from Boots. Savings on the VAT in the UK at 20% is quite sizeable.

Comment

go to mobilesequare.com. i think they can even ship it to u
                    visit my blog

Comment

Made in China.

Buy in China - which my friend did - for US$30 each... and they're the real deal!

Comment

Singapore's apple store is selling it for $950 shipped. Though you probably could get a slightly better deal when you visit Sim Lim or that other organized tech mall. I am getting mine with a contract so I have no problems with it. Good thing that M1 was offering a Promosi that time so I was able to snatch it with a lower cash out price as I only have a 58 plan.

Comment

Working...
                        X