This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Based on the latest update by SIA,
    7 777-200 will be out by Mar 20, left only 1 (they reinstate 1 777-200 into operating fleet in apr, which one?)
    4 777-200ER will be out by Mar 20, left only 1
    10 A330 will be gone. Left only 8 A330

Gonna take in 16 A350 n 6x 787

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
      I Based on the latest update by SIA,
      7 777-200 will be out by Mar 20, left only 1 (they reinstate 1 777-200 into operating fleet in apr, which one?)

They only have 7x 777-200 at the moment anyway - SRM O P Q, and SQL M N, so I guess they will all be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        They only have 7x 777-200 at the moment anyway - SRM O P Q, and SQL M N, so I guess they will all be gone.
        That the confusion. I do take it that they mean they are suppose to retire one in April but choose to continue with deployment.

By end of March 2020, there will be 1 777-200 left, so 6 will be out

Comment

(they reinstate 1 777-200 into operating fleet in apr, which one?)
          Are you sure they didn't mean an A330, STU got withdrawn in Jan and came back flying again in early April.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
            Are you sure they didn't mean an A330, STU got withdrawn in Jan and came back flying again in early April.
            No. They mention they reinstate 1x777-200 n 1xa330.

https://links.sgx.com/FileOpen/slide...&FileID=560069

Comment

• I wonder which 772 they are gonna reinstate.
              SQJ? It’s still sitting around somewhere, missing the titles and logo
              Sounds like a very aggressive phasing out of the 772s + 772ERs, given they just refurbished the cabins of SVC SVE SQM SQN a year ago. Two years’ use and then scrapped.
              But well, having 16 x A350s join the fleet...I can see why perhaps.

Comment

• Given the reduction in the Etihad A350 order, I wonder If SQ was offered some sooner delivery slots.
                an infrastructure geek

Comment

I Based on the latest update by SIA,

Interesting that fleet is increasing by just 1 plane in the next FY (ignoring the 1x772 and 1x333 to cover grounding).

Does this mean that beyond the launch of SEA later this year, there might not be any new destinations?
                  Also, only 6x 78J? Anyone know what's the delivery plan for them?

Comment

• In practice there's more than 1, seeing as there are the unusable 787s and MI MAXs. Once those situations are resolved and the planes are back to work, there's now extra planes for new destinations.

But I guess they aren't going to announce anything without a clear way forward.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Interesting that fleet is increasing by just 1 plane in the next FY (ignoring the 1x772 and 1x333 to cover grounding).

Does this mean that beyond the launch of SEA later this year, there might not be any new destinations?
                      Also, only 6x 78J? Anyone know what's the delivery plan for them?
                      2 787 already delivered. One more in Jun. 1 or 2 in last qtr of 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                        I wonder which 772 they are gonna reinstate.
                        SQJ? It’s still sitting around somewhere, missing the titles and logo
                        Sounds like a very aggressive phasing out of the 772s + 772ERs, given they just refurbished the cabins of SVC SVE SQM SQN a year ago. Two years’ use and then scrapped.
                        But well, having 16 x A350s join the fleet...I can see why perhaps.
                        Maybe SQ intend to phase out one plane from 1st April. But they decide to carry on. So consider as reinstate ?

The note in the slide mention “re-instated”. That mean it already happen. So *** think it is SQJ.

Mainlymiles just publish an article but they also never mention about this.

Comment

Maybe SQ intend to phase out one plane from 1st April. But they decide to carry on. So consider as reinstate ?

The note in the slide mention “re-instated”. That mean it already happen. So *** think it is SQJ.

Mainlymiles just publish an article but they also never mention about this.
                          Well, SRO is back in service -- but its 12-day furlough was just now, in May. Perhaps carried on through April, with maintenance the following month?

No sign of SRP or SRQ.

Comment

• Does anyone know the total number of 777-200(ER) that have been delivered to SQ please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              Does anyone know the total number of 777-200(ER) that have been delivered to SQ please?
                              3 series: SQA-N (14), SRA-Q (17), SVA-O (15)
                              14 + 17 + 15 = 46

Comment

• To help clear confusion with the reinstated 772 regional:

7 + 1 - 7 = 1. This on the surface means that a plane was reinstated to temporarily bring the set of planes up to 8.

The set of 7 as at 31/3/19 is definitely SQL, SQM, SQN, SRM, SRO, SRP, SRQ.

I have made checks on flightaware for all other possible 772 regionals that are outside of this set and there hasn't been activity with any of them for ages.

I can only conclude that it is therefore 7 - 1 + 1 - 6 = 1. It's a very unusual way of stating it, but in that "-7", one of these planes is being accounted for being withdrawn twice.
                                Last edited by SQ228; 18 May 2019, 08:49 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                                X