[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    Good point and sometimes works both ways - for example the EK lounge at HKG has only 2 male and 2 female toilets, both of which double up as shower cubicles - I had to wait 10 minutes to use the toilet because both were tied up with people showering.
    Its maybe because of space constraints at HKG? But over at CX's Wing, CX has installed both Showers w/Toilets and seperate toilets. And SQ knows of CX's lounges in HKG... in fact, I found TPR very ala Wing First's Library. Except that CX feels much better... with actual books etc.

SQ's TPR is all just cosmetic. Can't they put nicer toiletries ... I mean, even MH is using L'Occitane products!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Its maybe because of space constraints at HKG? But over at CX's Wing, CX has installed both Showers w/Toilets and seperate toilets.
      Same for The Pier.

Comment

• Went through Changi on Sunday and flew to BKK on a redemption flight in F.

Decided to have a wander over, play dumb, and see what happens. Walked to the entrance and said 'Ooh is this the new lounge'. I was asked nicely if I had an invite and I said no, but I'm a TPP in First Class so surely I am allowed in.

He told me access depends on fare type and asked for my BP. I thought I would see what happens so he disappeared for a couple of minutes before returning and saying 'sorry you cannot come in unless you have paid for your ticket'. On another day I may have explained that I have paid for the ticket, but he's a nice bloke and the ludicous decision isn't down to him so I just told him it was a ridiculous restriction and he just shrugged his shoulders and apologised.

I told him they will probably get a lot of complaints about it and he said they already had and the situation was being reviewed. I had a quick wander in when he went to check my ticket and while it's nicer than the current 'First' lounge (which granted isn't saying much), it's nothing out of the ordinary, and certainly not deserving of such a stupid restriction.

I asked about paid F pax departing T2 and was told they will have access.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Went through Changi on Sunday and flew to BKK on a redemption flight in F.

Decided to have a wander over, play dumb, and see what happens. Walked to the entrance and said 'Ooh is this the new lounge'.
          Had a redemption in F SIN-MNL. Decided to do the same thing as described, was asked if i have an invite. I said no but that I am flying in F. The staffer then went away with my bp and came back after a few minutes. 'Sorry sir this lounge is for a certain type of passenger only.' It was 6.30am and I couldn't be bothered launching into an extended discussion so just thanked her and wandered away.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            'Sorry sir this lounge is for a certain type of passenger only.'
            Did they actually say that ?!.

BTW, I agree it's not worth having a go at the poor staff who will cop all this, but you should at least register your displeasure and ask for a complaint form.

Comment

• Perhaps SQ should charge an extra 10,000 miles on KrysFlyer First Class redemption tickets for access to The Private Room?

Comment

• Originally posted by dnllam View Post
                Perhaps SQ should charge an extra 10,000 miles on KrysFlyer First Class redemption tickets for access to The Private Room?
                Don't encourage them! LH don't charge extra for entry to the (far superior) FCT on redemption tix!

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Did they actually say that ?!.
                  Yep I was a bit put off, but she seemed like a nice lady so I put it down to a momentary lapse in judgment and thought nothing more of it. I do intend to write in to SQ customer service to let them know how farcical the whole thing is and wait for a button F response ... maybe they'd be more responsive if I combined it with some positive feedback of the subsequent onboard experience? Couldn't be bothered with a complaint form at 6.30am in the morning.
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 July 2008, 04:33 PM.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Had a redemption in F SIN-MNL. Decided to do the same thing as described, was asked if i have an invite. I said no but that I am flying in F. The staffer then went away with my bp and came back after a few minutes. 'Sorry sir this lounge is for a certain type of passenger only.' It was 6.30am and I couldn't be bothered launching into an extended discussion so just thanked her and wandered away.
                    Did we miss each other at the lounge this morning? I was there until 6:35 am for my flight back to Sydney on SQ 233.

Comment

• Originally posted by dnllam View Post
                      Perhaps SQ should charge an extra 10,000 miles on KrysFlyer First Class redemption tickets for access to The Private Room?
                      Don't give them any ideas!!! They wouldn't hesitate...

Comment

• Is there any other airline has such a ridiculous restriction as this? Redemption ticket in First with LH gets you into the (excellent) FCT, in BA gets you into the Concorde Room etc. As someone said earlier, we HAVE paid for these tickets and SQ should be grateful for such regular custom.

I give this policy three months max before being revised.

PS Different post I know but I too am unsure about whether to bother renewing my PPS this year. Can not see one benefit I have received from it, and my BD/BA Gold gives me what I need. Shame as when I first got it I was thrilled!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          Did we miss each other at the lounge this morning? I was there until 6:35 am for my flight back to Sydney on SQ 233.
                          Twas yesterday mornin'.

Comment

• Am currently in the Private Room, and as others have already mentioned, its really nothing too special... Not missing too much by just staying in the regular F lounge... It is a bit too much with the waiters and lounge attendants hovering around asking every 2 mins if you need anything... I'm much more comfortable in the regular F side...

It will be a lot more useful if they give buggy service to paid F or R pax... T3 is really a pain in the ass to walk from the lounge side to the B gates... I don't see the point of TPR at all other than making paid F pax feel more important... Seriously guys, there's no need to cry murder just because SQ is not letting award F pax in... You really are not missing much...

Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot to mention, the aircon seems a lot better on the F lounge side... Maybe the older folks who pay full fare F all the time are more sensitive to the cold aircon, so they turn the temperature warmer in TPR.
                            Last edited by tfung; 25 July 2008, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish lad View Post
                              Is there any other airline has such a ridiculous restriction as this? Redemption ticket in First with LH gets you into the (excellent) FCT, in BA gets you into the Concorde Room etc. As someone said earlier, we HAVE paid for these tickets and SQ should be grateful for such regular custom.

I give this policy three months max before being revised.

PS Different post I know but I too am unsure about whether to bother renewing my PPS this year. Can not see one benefit I have received from it, and my BD/BA Gold gives me what I need. Shame as when I first got it I was thrilled!
                              I don't know of any.

Regarding the value of PPS, you may want to read this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4843

Originally posted by tfung View Post
                              . Seriously guys, there's no need to cry murder just because SQ is not letting award F pax in... You really are not missing much...
                              We know it's nothing that special, this is an SQ lounge we are talking about remember.

It's the principle of them saying an upgraded or award ticket isn't good enough as far as they are concerned. When you consider how many miles it takes to redeem for F on the 77W then this really is taking the p*ss. KF miles are not easy to come by for those that don't live in Singapore.

Comment

• Originally posted by tfung View Post
                                Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot to mention, the aircon seems a lot better on the F lounge side... Maybe the older folks who pay full fare F all the time are more sensitive to the cold aircon, so they turn the temperature warmer in TPR.
                                Older folks?

Comment

Working...
                                X