Earning miles for redemption nominees on award flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earning miles for redemption nominees on award flights

Ok - so it was my understanding that award flights never get miles (unless you have a paid Y or C ticket & redeem an upgrade)...

I booked a redemption booking online for myself & my fiancé (with me been the Kris flyer member using the miles, and my fiancé as the nominee).

I didn't expect either of us to get any miles credited for the trip... and I confirmed this for my account - nothing showing up on my statement.

But what surprised me was my fiancé had the miles & tier bonus credited to her account!! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Apart from being extremely jealous, I’m now wondering if I should say anything & see if I can get miles credited too, or just keep quiet and hope no-one notices the mistake.

Is this a loophole in the system? Or just a lucky co-incidence?
    matt_will_fix_it

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
    I’m now wondering if I should say anything & see if I can get miles credited too,
    And your argument would be...?

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      Ok - so it was my understanding that award flights never get miles (unless you have a paid Y or C ticket & redeem an upgrade)...

I booked a redemption booking online for myself & my fiancé (with me been the Kris flyer member using the miles, and my fiancé as the nominee).

I didn't expect either of us to get any miles credited for the trip... and I confirmed this for my account - nothing showing up on my statement.

But what surprised me was my fiancé had the miles & tier bonus credited to her account!! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Apart from being extremely jealous, I’m now wondering if I should say anything & see if I can get miles credited too, or just keep quiet and hope no-one notices the mistake.

Is this a loophole in the system? Or just a lucky co-incidence?
      if you go into a store with your fiancee, and you both pay for something separately. both items cost $10. she pays first, handing the person a $10 bill. the cashier accidentally gives her back $10. you pay for your item and do not receive any change back. there are now three possible scenarios:
      1. inform the person that your fiancee accidentally received $10 back.
      2. keep your mouth shut and pocket the money.
      3. inform the cashier that you are also deserving of the $10 back because of your winning smile and natural good charm.

scenario 1 is the right thing to do. scenario 2 is what most people would do. scenario 3 is a precursor to a feature special on america's dumbest criminals.

Comment

I'd do the right thing I suppose. But that's just my silly old fashioned ways I guess.

Comment

i don't want to impose my morals on anyone, so i won't say what i would do in this situation. but i can say that asking for miles for my own redemption booking would be the absolute last thing i would consider.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far! So just to confirm, it was a mistake that the nominee got the miles? Or is this normal practice?
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Don't think this is a normal practice here, must be some system error.
              This case remind me on my experience with CX AsiaMiles years ago.
              I redeemed for LX C class ticket with CX AsiaMiles (when LX still CX partner) SIN-ZRH-AMS return. And I got miles credited on my MPC for AMS-ZRH-SIN sector, but none for SIN-ZRH-AMS sector.
              That must be system error on LX system, and I kept my mouth shut.

Comment

Working...
              X