The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    That means there will be more seats for SQ to fill on HKG route as well!

May I ask what is the loading of SQ's SIN-HKG route?

I have been to SIA's check in counter at various times during the day in HKG, and I rarely see people queuing up for check in, even during Chinese New Year.
    I suspect many could be checking in downtown at central or kowloon.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Interesting but is it really so. As the 787R can actually fly 8 - 9 hour flight.
      SQ have specifically configured them for shorter flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        SQ have specifically configured them for shorter flights.
        Shouldn't be an issue to cater for 2 meal services as the B787-10 is also used on regional flights like Bali where the meals are double-catered (DPS-SIN meals are also catered from SIN).
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I have been to SIA's check in counter at various times during the day in HKG, and I rarely see people queuing up for check in, even during Chinese New Year.
          you are referring to the check in counter at HKIA? I flew many times to HKG using SQ and I never use the check in counter at HKIA. I guess most of the people is using city check in?
          visit my blog

Comment

• Even at HKIA airport check-in counters, its normally not much of a queue as the counters are open most of the time.
            Last edited by flyguy; 9 March 2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SCI is on its way to KIX

Comment

Interesting but is it really so. As the 787R can actually fly 8 - 9 hour flight.
                Does it mean using this configuration for B787-10 allows for more Cargo hold as well?

Comment

Does it mean using this configuration for B787-10 allows for more Cargo hold as well?
                  No it does not carry any higher weights of cargo, as the 787-10 have derated engines and a lower MTOW and less main gear wheels than the 787-8/9

Comment

No it does not carry any higher weights of cargo, as the 787-10 have derated engines and a lower MTOW and less main gear wheels than the 787-8/9
                    Not sure about the lower MTOW and derated engines, but the 787-10 is able to take more cargo due to its increased length and it has the same amount of main gear wheels as -8/9.

Comment

• SQ602/SQ608 will be getting 787-10 wef 1st May. So now we have 3 flight in the new regional business class plus one 777-300ER in the long haul product. No more A330

Add on SQ970/973 (BKK) n SQ946/947 (DENPASAR) will also get the 787-10 from 1st May.
                      Last edited by sbs2716g; 26 March 2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know if / when Perth is getting the 787-10 please?

Comment

Does anyone know if / when Perth is getting the 787-10 please?
                          SQ215/216 are already using the 787-10

Comment

Does anyone know if / when Perth is getting the 787-10 please?
                            SQ is already flying the 787-10 to Perth on one of their daily flights. TR coverage here...

Comment

• 9V-SCJ & SCK have been rolled out this month and both are waiting for 1st flights.

Boeing has the production list for up to 9V-SCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by msndelevium View Post
                                SQ215/216 are already using the 787-10
                                Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                                SQ is already flying the 787-10 to Perth on one of their daily flights. TR coverage here...
                                Sorry I wasn't thinking properly. I was specifically referring to SQ214. I think I was getting mixed up with ADL and thinking PER only has 1 SQ flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X